PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield or MW3?

JonahFarber
07-30-2011, 10:35 PM
Hey, I just have been debating about whether I should get MW3 or Battlefield 3? Or both? Just wanted to get Your opinion before I but some cash down. Thanks

Symmetric-XBA
07-30-2011, 11:07 PM
being part of the battlefield 3 alpha test I can say hands down bf3 is worth every penny. look for a preview here in a few days on the front page :)

JonahFarber
07-30-2011, 11:30 PM
being part of the battlefield 3 alpha test I can say hands down bf3 is worth every penny. look for a preview here in a few days on the front page :)

Wow really? I was reading an article saying they had customizable dog tags, what else did you hear about/ see about customization, I'm really into unlocking and customizing.

Bakeman
07-30-2011, 11:49 PM
From playing BF:BC2 and MW2.... get BF3!

Symmetric-XBA
07-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Wow really? I was reading an article saying they had customizable dog tags, what else did you hear about/ see about customization, I'm really into unlocking and customizing.

I can't comment more due to an NDA agreement, but from what I got to see and play at E3 with MW3, and compared to what I'm playing now from BF3. Without a doubt, BF3 takes the crown.

Variation-XBA
07-31-2011, 12:18 PM
I'm way way more excited for BF3. Going to get both but not excited for MW3 very much

Shawn-XBA
07-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Jonah - I don't know if you've seen this video yet. If you haven't check it out. http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90323

I will be getting both, but like Variation I am much more interested and anticipating Battlefield 3 than I am Modern Warfare 3.

JonahFarber
07-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Jonah - I don't know if you've seen this video yet. If you haven't check it out. http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90323

I will be getting both, but like Variation I am much more interested and anticipating Battlefield 3 than I am Modern Warfare 3.

Thanks a lot everyone. And I will definitely check it out. I'll most Likely be getting both. I really look forward to BF campaign. And on the other side Modern warfare has always had ****ty campaigns.

Steeps5
07-31-2011, 09:10 PM
I'll be getting Battlefield 3 (for PC, don't know if it still has the commander or not). I have just about every single Battlefield game lol.

My favorites are Battlefield 2 and 1942 (for PC). Everyone should try the Project Reality mod for BF2, it's amazing :P.

Jmanfdude
07-31-2011, 10:53 PM
"project reality"? Excuse my noob ness... But that's sounds awesome! What does that do?

Steeps5
07-31-2011, 11:40 PM
Well it's a mod that's a complete overhaul of the game. It's very realistic in the whole gameplay aspect. But for those who don't know, BF2 for PC is real Battlefield. BF2 for consoles was a completely different approach no other Battlefield game has ever done.

And search Project Reality on google lol. They have their own website. :)

RalliArtEvo
08-02-2011, 09:04 PM

you got in the beta? wish I would've known so we could've played together.

Game is gonna be fantastic (especially on PC!)

OBL infad3ll
08-03-2011, 06:29 PM
bf3 looks amazing. looks like the COD online dynasty will finally be defeated, but thats my 2 cents

EMX
08-04-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm just going to say MW3 cause everyone else is saying Battlefield.

Conor
08-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Battlefield 3 Atw!

SamSmith
08-09-2011, 05:25 PM
I'll be getting BF3... It's the first time I've really looked forward to a FPS since halo2

I'll probably be pretty ****e at it to begin with, but I'm determined to get good... We should get an XBA team hooked up.

lancies
08-09-2011, 10:28 PM
I think you should choose Battlefield 3

Unreal
08-12-2011, 10:24 AM
I am still undecided on BF and I know I am not getting MW3. I will come back after you guys are playing final versions to make up my mind.

Whisper
08-16-2011, 01:33 PM
I have banned Call of Duty from my premises. I'm SICK of it.. they've almost ruined the FPS community with their repeated re-skinned releases, endless map packs that split the community, dedication to this stupid zombie thing. Ugh. I've had enough.

I've never played any of the Battlefield retail games - not once. I just started playing Battlefield 1943 from Xbox Live Arcade, and at under 600MB it's far more fun than any CoD title at 4.4 GB

I can't wait for BF3.. and I'm comitting myself to NEVER touching any new COD title.

Hell, the only retail FPS I'm playing right now is Duke Nukem Forever - which deserved a bit higher than it's 5 rating on IGN.

RalliArtEvo
08-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Caspian Border MP gameplay (http://youtu.be/m8S_eEv_A5k)

Does this answer your question :cool:

Symmetric-XBA
08-16-2011, 04:02 PM

yet another reason why the pc version of this game will trump all.

Steeps5
08-16-2011, 11:20 PM

Which is why I've been playing Battlefield games for forever now lol. I'm a rank 6 on BF Veteran!

Koda ST 592
08-19-2011, 08:35 PM
I must say, I am a rather large fan of the Call of Duty franchise. More particularly towards their zombies variant of game-modes.

I enjoy the strategy of the game quite a bit, but more particularly, I enjoy the storyline. Its history is a desire I cannot seem to rid myself of. I find it quite entertaining. :)

Modern Warfare 3 is just another game of the franchise to which I will buy simply to continue the story of the rest of the series. Though I will be quite disappointed if it follows suit with the rest of the titles (As several have said above: Reskinned maps over the old framework, Same engine, etc..) What a disappointing flaw to such a great set of games. But then again, Why change something if it has worked so well in the past, eh?

Something to ponder there...