PDA

View Full Version : mentors for xbox particular game?

cluelessGamer
09-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Do you think a site that let gamers find mentors for particular games be good?
So if you wanted help with black ops or any game you could search and find an expert game mentor that would be able to help you with the game and schedule an xbox live session.

The mentors would be compensated for doing the session and the user would pay for the session.

If you wanted to get achievements, get better at the game, or know who your going to playing with and they wont quit after 5 mins etc.

Would it be worth paying for? How much?

How much should the mentors be paid?

I'd appreciate your input!

Asparov
09-02-2011, 01:23 PM
That would be awesome to get paid to teach someone how to play a game! Are there really people that would pay to learn? Where do i sign up?!

Ainokeatoo
09-02-2011, 07:02 PM
I don't like this idea, the gamer community should not be milked.

Symmetric-XBA
09-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Do you think a site that let gamers find mentors for particular games be good?
So if you wanted help with black ops or any game you could search and find an expert game mentor that would be able to help you with the game and schedule an xbox live session.

The mentors would be compensated for doing the session and the user would pay for the session.

If you wanted to get achievements, get better at the game, or know who your going to playing with and they wont quit after 5 mins etc.

Would it be worth paying for? How much?

How much should the mentors be paid?

I'd appreciate your input!

I'm sorry but this to me sounds like a horrible idea. Scheduling a "session" to play is relatively pointless considering ppl already have "groups" or other ppl to "boost" achvs. and other game mechanics. As far as improving your gameplay in a game, that comes with playing over time. Gamers develop their skill naturally over time so scheduling a "mentor" to help you improve won't help anything. Telling someone how to no-scope isn't going to be the same as having that person actually trying it for himself and learning on their own. Since ppl find other ppl to help w/ achvs and do this already for free, charging someone to do this is pointless. You can find "boosting" parties for free already to help with achvs. and youtube will show detailed video walkthroughs on a ton of games and how to get the achvs. associated with them that you're looking for. Bottom line, there's already so much that you can do for free, why would anyone want to pay for something that they can already get free? Sorry but this sounds like a horrible idea.

example: I'm playing through Deus Ex now trying not to kill anyone or set off any alarms and I'm doing this on the hardest difficulty. I'm doing this in an attempt to get a full 1000G on one playthrough. To say it's intense and challenging is an understatement, however, I'm finding video walkthroughs on youtube for free already, so why would I want to pay someone to tell me how to get through the game when I already have all the info I want for free?

RalliArtEvo
09-02-2011, 08:16 PM
actually they already have many sites that do exactly what you're talking about. They even have a site that lets you play with a female :rofl: