PDA

View Full Version : War of the Worlds---Developer Q&A

Lee-WOTW
10-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Hi all,

Lee here, I'm the creative director for Paramount / Tiny Rebel Studios for Other Ocean's War of the Worlds game. We can't wait for you guys to see what we have labored away on for the past year----an incredible about of love and work have gone into this, esp at Other Ocean. We'd love to answer any burning questions you might have before the game ships next week.

Fire away---

Lee C

Silent-XBA
10-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Thank you very much Lee for coming to the site. I will start off with some simple questions, and maybe some other members can chime in.

1: I have never heard of War of the Worlds, what is it about?

2: Is it a retail game or an arcade game? What is the MSRP or how many Microsoft points will it cost?

3: Single player only, multiplayer only, or both? Any co-op?

4: You mentioned the game was coming out next week, what is the exact release date?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!

Lee-WOTW
10-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Hey, no worries, replies inline below

Thank you very much Lee for coming to the site. I will start off with some simple questions, and maybe some other members can chime in.

1: I have never heard of War of the Worlds, what is it about?

It's a 2D adventure game set in 1953 London, where the main character has to survive being in the middle of a Martian invasion. It's a "companion piece" to the 1953 movie. Myself and Mike Mika (the other director on the project) are big fans of out of this world, prince of persia etc, so we made the game feel very much like those old rotoscoped games we played and loved in the early 90's - it's all 2D, rotoscoped animation, etc. Christopher Fowler wrote the script, Chris Huelsbeck did the score, and Patrick Stewart narrates the game. We put out a dev diary which can tell you more about the game broadly, I'm more than happy to talk specifics =) (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/7113482/the_war_of_the_worlds_dev_diary_1/)

2: Is it a retail game or an arcade game? What is the MSRP or how many Microsoft points will it cost?

xbla, 800 points

3: Single player only, multiplayer only, or both? Any co-op?

Single player

4: You mentioned the game was coming out next week, what is the exact release date?

26th October =)

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!