PDA

View Full Version : Who Loves BF3, Talk here!

Conor
10-29-2011, 01:15 PM
I just got BF3 Today, done some missions and love the game.

The only 2 thing I'm dissapointed in is the fact yoiu need to hook up EA account to get the pistol, the other thing is when you phisically fighting it's out of sync.

Apart from that it's good.

Want to play online? send me a friend request to: Epic2k9

Thanks. :rockout:

Conor
10-29-2011, 07:57 PM
This is For you if you ain't got BF3 Yet...

The Achievement List

not on my watch – 25 points
Protect Chaffin from the soldiers in the street in Operation Swordbreaker
Involuntary Euthanasia – 25 points
Kill the 2 soldiers before the building falls on them in Uprising
The Professional – 30 points
Complete the street chase in Comrades in under 2 minutes 30 seconds without dying
Army of Darkness – 30 points
Shoot out the 4 lights with 4 bullets in Night Shift
Practice makes perfect – 15 points
Headshot each of the targets in the gun range in Kaffarov
What the hell *are* you? – 20 points
Take a russian Dog Tag in the forest ambush in Rock And A Hard Place (1)
Roadkill – 20 points
Kick the car to kill the soldiers in Uprising (2)
You can be my wingman anytime – 30 points
Complete Going Hunting in a perfect run
Scrap Metal – 25 points
Destroy 6 enemy tanks before reaching the fort in Thunder Run
Butterfly – 25 points
Take down the jet in one attempt in Rock And A Hard Place
Twofor – 15 points
Take down 2 enemies with 1 bullet in Night Shift
Ooh-rah! – 30 points
Complete the campaign story
Between a rock and a hard place – 15 points
Beat Solomon, flawlessly, in The Great Destroyer
Semper Fidelis – 50 points
Complete the campaign story on Hard (2)
Push On – 20 points
Reach the garage without going into man-down state in Hit and Run
Two-rah! – 30 points
Complete all co-op missions
Lock ‘n’ Load – 30 points
Unlock all unique co-op weapons
Car Lover – 20 points
Complete the mission without losing a humvee in Operation Exodus
In the nick of time – 20 points
Disarm the bomb in under 20 seconds in The Eleventh Hour
Bullseye – 20 points
Reach and save the hostages without alerting any enemies in Drop ‘em Like Liquid
Untouchable – 20 points
Complete the mission without using the fire extinguisher in Fire From The Sky
Army of Two – 50 points
Complete all co-op missions on Hard
Ninjas – 20 points
Reach the VIP without setting off the alarm in Exfiltration
Vehicle Warfare – 30 points
Obtain all 3 vehicle warfare ribbons
Infantry Efficiency – 30 points
Obtain all 4 weapon efficiency ribbons
Decorated – 50 points
Obtain one of each ribbon in the game
It’s better than nothing! – 30 points
Finish as 3rd MVP in a ranked match
Support Efficiency – 30 points
Obtain all 4 support efficiency ribbons
Colonel – 50 points
Achieve rank 45
1st Loser – 30 points
Finish as 2nd MVP in a ranked match
Most Valuable Player – 30 points
Finish as MVP in a ranked match
M.I.A – 20 points
Obtain your first enemy Dog Tag

Secret Achievements:
Secret Achievement – 20 points
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.
Secret Achievement – 30 points
Secret Achievement – 10 points
Xbox 360 Achievements

Steeps5
10-30-2011, 08:21 AM
See the thing I love about the PC version, is no achievements ;)

Conor
10-30-2011, 10:35 AM

well yes that's a good point... :confused:

Variation-XBA
10-30-2011, 12:50 PM

That's a minus instead of a plus for me...

Conor
10-30-2011, 12:59 PM

yep same for me, I like getting achievements... It shows your commitment to succeed. :hardcore:

Symmetric-XBA
10-30-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm for achvs, but what I can't stand are the server issues. this isn't the first bf game to have server issues like this, so one would imagine that they have had time to sort out their issues right? wrong. there are still tons of bugs and glitches to go hand in hand w/ this server b.s. and bottom line is that DICE shouldn't have released the game yet, they should have pushed it back to ensure that ppl got a quality gaming experience. Thank you EA.

Conor
10-30-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm for achvs, but what I can't stand are the server issues. this isn't the first bf game to have server issues like this, so one would imagine that they have had time to sort out their issues right? wrong. there are still tons of bugs and glitches to go hand in hand w/ this server b.s. and bottom line is that DICE shouldn't have released the game yet, they should have pushed it back to ensure that ppl got a quality gaming experience. Thank you EA.

yes I suppose but once CoD MW3 is released then servers will calm down and quieten a little. I agree and it takes ages to find a game. :jammin:

SamSmith
10-30-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm really enjoying it, but I dislike having to open origin to launch... which launches your browser... which loads up battle log.

So many unnecessary resources to be using. I make sure to close my browser before going into the game.

Here's a video of me playing. http://youtu.be/3ozb5PoeL2M

And no that's not my real voice. Don't ask, I was bored.

Variation-XBA
10-30-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm really enjoying it, but I dislike having to open origin to launch... which launches your browser... which loads up battle log.

So many unnecessary resources to be using. I make sure to close my browser before going into the game.

lol, I wanna see more vids with that voice

Symmetrics Love
10-30-2011, 09:25 PM

for me as well...

RalliArtEvo
10-30-2011, 09:33 PM
yes I suppose but once CoD MW3 is released then servers will calm down and quieten a little. I agree and it takes ages to find a game. :jammin:

don't use quick match, use the server browser. You can filter by server region, maps, modes, etc and it also shows your connection strength in relation to the server.

As far as the server issue's go, delaying the game wouldn't have helped much (if at all). The reason that the BF game's in particular seem to have these sort of issues at launch has more to do with using EA's dedicated server's on top of xbox live combined with the massive overload that goes along with a big launch. Compared to both bad companies and 1943, BF3 has actually been a MUCH better launch.

IMO the biggest issue I have with the game so far is, too many people don't understand how to correctly play the game and work as a team. I can't tell you how many times I've died or teammates die and see assault guys run right past instead of reviving/healing, needing ammo and not getting it despite requesting it, people not spotting enemies/vehicle's, camping in corners for kills and not even going for objective's. I don't understand why these type's don't just play TDM if all they care about is kills.

So far, generally speaking, it seems this game is infested with the typical Halo/CoD type players who are only in it for themselves and their KDR. MW3 can't get here soon enough so these type's move on. :mad:

All complaints aside, the game is amazingly fun and most likely will be one of my top played shooter's of this generation. Can't wait to play the updated BF2 maps in December!

Bakeman
10-30-2011, 09:47 PM
I completely agree about people playing not understanding how to properly play this game.. I'm sick and tired of people not spotting, and not using the abilities such as providing ammo and healing.

Variation-XBA
10-30-2011, 11:27 PM
To be fair, it was no different in other Battlefield. Lineups for planes/choppers/tanks etc and everyone playing solo

RalliArtEvo
10-31-2011, 12:06 AM
To be fair, it was no different in other Battlefield. Lineups for planes/choppers/tanks etc and everyone playing solo

true, at launch you had a lot of newbs/lone wolfs in the BC games but IMO it's MUCH worse so far in BF3 (360) which I attribute to the massive hype and MUCH higher player count. BC2, even at launch, had a much better ratio of lone wolves to team players in my experience. I might run into 1-2 guys in 10 game's that actually use their class properly and help the team win. I haven't played the PC version yet aside from alpha/beta, but I can say that (generally speaking) console gamers do the lone wolf stuff MUCH more than the PC gamers do in the BF game's. I'm personally getting the PC version once EA and Valve work out the details and allow it to be released on steam :rockout:

On a side note, BF3 shipped 10 million in it's first week (granted shipped =/= sold), Bad Company 2 has shipped 11 million TOTAL since launch. Pretty crazy when you put that into perspective and IMO if the sale's are as big as the shipped #'s, then that probably the reason it seems so much worse with the solo type/KDR players. Can't wait to see the NPD sales figure's between CoD and BF after the holidays though. CoD will most likely still be the top seller, but I'd imagine that BF3 is gonna eat into the numbers big time compared to Blops record setting figure's last year.

Symmetric-XBA
10-31-2011, 06:30 AM
At first I found myself getting upset at the fact that players were being more about themselves than the team, thats when I started to adopt my own "lone wolf" stratagey. With the maps being as massive as they are I thought to myself "screw this, if my team is only interested in killing, then I'm going to let them focus the fight and I'll just arm these mcon stations myself lol".

So I'll go flanking like crazy, avoiding the combat while working my way to the mcon stations, then I'll arm C4 on the mcon, arm it, then retreat and drop an ammo pack to get my C4 back. When they come back from the fight all wounded and try to disarm it.... "click... BOOM". Then after thats done they almost always go back into the fight, sometimes they go looking for me but I'm already gone... where did I go?? Why off to the other mcon station. lol if my team is only going to be in it for kills and only in it for themselves I don't mind trying to be an army of one, however, there are those times when I do run into a group of 4 at a mcon station... 1 vs. 4 and I don't walk away from that one lol.

Steeps5
10-31-2011, 12:48 PM
See I wanted teamwork in a Battlefield game so I started playing Project Reality for Battlefield 2 on PC. It's an awesome mod that's been in development for years now. That's a game that requires teamwork to win. I've been playing it since like March.

But my other favorite thing about BF3, is the Tunguska. I absolutely hate when people don't use it as AA. They freaking use it as a taxi, it drives me nuts. Or they try to engage LAVs or tanks with it.

When I get the Tunguska, I usually shoot down at least 10 fighters plus helicopters in a single match. With heat seekers they stand no chance.

The funny thing is that only attack helicopters ever try to kill me. I know any fighter could easily kill me with just one strafe but nobody even tries.

Conor
10-31-2011, 02:12 PM

Why does it say Mikey Plays Battlefield then?