PDA

View Full Version : Halo CE Anniversary...who's getting it!?

l Maximus l
11-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Is anyone else excited about Halo CE Anniversary other than myself? I realize that it's only the original game with flashy new graphics for the Campaign and essentially a map pack for Halo Reach for multi-player, but, I'm still excited. I really wish it was the original multi-player on XBL, but, this will do.

They said they are going to bring back the original Pistol with it's three glorious headshot kills...7 new multi-player maps mostly based on Halo CE multiplayer maps with flashy new graphics...

I have the week off for vacation from work...and I should have plenty of time to play...I can't wait...anyone with me?!

Variation-XBA
11-08-2011, 02:42 AM
I'm down with playing with you Maxy I'm excited too :)

Bertnell
11-08-2011, 05:26 AM
Actually, I am looking forward to the game as well, its the reason I brought the first Xbox and started console gaming ten years ago......

Ainokeatoo
11-08-2011, 07:13 AM
I'm down with playing with you Maxy I'm excited too :)

:rofl:

Man I don't know if I wanna pick this up or something else, I know I'm picking up Saints Row and Skyrim for sure. It's going to be between Halo CE or Assassins Creed.

vman
11-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Im excited but dont have the money to get it right away. so i must exercise patience for a while.

Variation-XBA
11-08-2011, 12:10 PM
:rofl:

Man I don't know if I wanna pick this up or something else, I know I'm picking up Saints Row and Skyrim for sure. It's going to be between Halo CE or Assassins Creed.

It's only gunna be $40! Then you have something to play with me!

Shawn-XBA
11-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Im excited but dont have the money to get it right away. so i must exercise patience for a while.
I'm in the same boat as you vman. I don't have the money right now to buy it. However, I will defiantly be picking it up, hopefully sometime in December.

Ainokeatoo
11-08-2011, 03:38 PM
It's only gunna be $40! Then you have something to play with me!

That's why I'm even considering it! It's only 40, It's actually somewhere around thirty for me, I get ten bucks off new games with my employee discount, on top of the Discount I get from Skyrim which I can put towards that.

Should I get this over Revelations?

Variation-XBA
11-08-2011, 03:42 PM
That's why I'm even considering it! It's only 40, It's actually somewhere around thirty for me, I get ten bucks off new games with my employee discount, on top of the Discount I get from Skyrim which I can put towards that.

Should I get this over Revelations?

I'm an assassin fan too. really depends what you want to play more.

GET BOTH! :D
:hump:

Ainokeatoo
11-08-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm an assassin fan too. really depends what you want to play more.

GET BOTH! :D
:hump:

D: You're no help. I guess I'll get Assassins later, Halo CE will have its own stand alone multiplayer right? I traded in reach a while ago. =/

Variation-XBA
11-08-2011, 03:58 PM
D: You're no help. I guess I'll get Assassins later, Halo CE will have its own stand alone multiplayer right? I traded in reach a while ago. =/

Yes, you can play with the Halo CE disc.

Get Assassins too! ;)

Ainokeatoo
11-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Yes, you can play with the Halo CE disc.

Get Assassins too! ;)

Ah fine, I'll get it.

:cuss: No! You're eating all my money :(

Variation-XBA
11-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Ah fine, I'll get it.

:cuss: No! You're eating all my money :(

You're worring about two games, you should see my list :crying:

vman
11-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Ainokeatoo, you should just get Halo Ann. first and then after you beat Skyrim, get Assassins which should be cheaper later. That should save you some money

Unreal
11-08-2011, 08:43 PM
I would like to get it, but I can't justify it with Skyrim out in 3 days. I won't touch anything else once I start it.

Ainokeatoo
11-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Ainokeatoo, you should just get Halo Ann. first and then after you beat Skyrim, get Assassins which should be cheaper later. That should save you some money

Aino is fine Vman :p and yep that's what I believe I'll do.

Variation-XBA
11-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Aino is fine Vman :p and yep that's what I believe I'll do.

Don't listen to him. GET BOTH SO WE CAN PLAN TOGETHERRRRRRRR

MoonTar
11-09-2011, 09:15 AM
I'll be getting it! Pre-ordered yesterday!

Fargoth
11-09-2011, 02:24 PM
skyrim

l Maximus l
11-14-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm on vacation this week...can't wait to get my copy tomorrow...lots of Halo CEA action ahead!!!

blueamcat
11-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Pre ordered my copy in October. :D I honestly haven't played much yet though because my husband has been using the Xbox for Skyrim every chance he has. I have to get my gaming in while he is at work if I'm free. :-)

That said, I really do enjoy playing the old maps on Live. Halo CE was also my first game on Xbox back in high school.

Variation-XBA
11-29-2011, 12:42 PM
You read my review of it Max, what'd you think?

Steeps5
11-29-2011, 11:39 PM
I played a little of the campaign and am pretty glad they kept the original gameplay code, really does make it special to the players!

FPSMadPaul
12-02-2011, 06:19 AM
Eventually, I enjoyed Halo but I have too many other games to play.

l Maximus l
12-02-2011, 12:53 PM
You read my review of it Max, what'd you think?

I thought it was great! In fact, it was the first thing that got me excited about the game as I was unsure about what it really was at first!

I hope they have some new DLC for it coming soon...we need some additional Halo CE remakes like Derelict, Sidewinder, Rat Race, Wizard, Longest and even Boarding Action....Chiron sucked then and would suck now, though!

vman
12-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Chiron sucked then and would suck now, though!
Blasphemy! Chiron was awesome!

Variation-XBA
12-02-2011, 07:40 PM
I thought it was great! In fact, it was the first thing that got me excited about the game as I was unsure about what it really was at first!

I hope they have some new DLC for it coming soon...we need some additional Halo CE remakes like Derelict, Sidewinder, Rat Race, Wizard, Longest and even Boarding Action....Chiron sucked then and would suck now, though!

What I'd give for for some of those maps. Boarding Action was amazing but they never remade it :(

l Maximus l
12-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Blasphemy! Chiron was awesome!

Hahaha! Seriously? Man...so many campers would be everywhere. I have had my fix on Chiron to last me the rest of my life...

So, does anyone think more Halo CE multi-player remakes are coming?!!

vman
12-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Hahaha! Seriously? Man...so many campers would be everywhere. I have had my fix on Chiron to last me the rest of my life...
campers ruin any map. if you play with people that have integrity and self-respect, its a good map.

blueamcat
12-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Knowing Microsoft, they will probably have more maps available for purchase. Though of course I would love to see more released for free!

vman
12-06-2011, 11:04 PM
I JUST BOUGHT IT!!! I'm gonna be playing it a lot pretty hardcore on Live for the next week. GT: vman00 if you wanna join me!

Variation-XBA
12-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Knowing Microsoft, they will probably have more maps available for purchase. Though of course I would love to see more released for free!

They won't come out for free, don't hold your breath

blueamcat
12-07-2011, 11:02 AM
They won't come out for free, don't hold your breath

Oh I know they won't. I'm just sayin'. haha
I'd probably buy em though, since I do play mostly Halo with other people.