PDA

View Full Version : Kinda Pissed at Microsoft & XBL

thAshAdyOne
11-25-2011, 12:26 PM
So, today after a year plus of not being able to get on XBL, I try to participate in the free weekend. I try to log in, it won't let me. My only option is to recover my gamertag and lose all the GS I've accumulated. Maybe technical support will have other insight for me...NOPE. Even if I bought another XBL membership, because my account used to be Gold, my GS won't roll over. What they have on the server overrides what's on my machine. XBL is cool and everything, but its not worth me losing all of my achievements and having to replay a sh*tload of games to get back where I'm at.

Maybe its not that serious and I'm an achievement whore, but that blows majorly.

Symmetric-XBA
11-25-2011, 03:09 PM
So, today after a year plus of not being able to get on XBL, I try to participate in the free weekend. I try to log in, it won't let me. My only option is to recover my gamertag and lose all the GS I've accumulated. Maybe technical support will have other insight for me...NOPE. Even if I bought another XBL membership, because my account used to be Gold, my GS won't roll over. What they have on the server overrides what's on my machine. XBL is cool and everything, but its not worth me losing all of my achievements and having to replay a sh*tload of games to get back where I'm at.

Maybe its not that serious and I'm an achievement whore, but that blows majorly.

That happened to a friend of mine as well and he lost out on over half of his achvs. I have a 2 day code that I could give ya, but it seems that if you do manage to get online w/ that account that you'll be losing your achvs anyways.

thAshAdyOne
11-25-2011, 03:13 PM
I've got a couple of 2 month codes myself, but I'm trying to decide what's my best course of action. I might just forego the XBL route and get my box *edited*.

Edited by Silent-XBA, took out the word we don't talk about :p

Symmetric-XBA
11-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Have ya thought about checking into black friday sales or some kind of holiday promotion that you could take advantage of for a xbox live subscription?

Variation-XBA
11-25-2011, 06:09 PM
So you've had two gametags? One old, one new?

thAshAdyOne
11-25-2011, 08:11 PM
One. I just want to renew my Live and not lose 5,000 GS in the process.

Variation-XBA
11-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Why would you lose your Gamescore then if you've only had one gamertag. Recovering the same tag on any xbox at any time doesn't do anything to your score, that's permanently attatched to your tag.

RalliArtEvo
11-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Why would you lose your Gamescore then if you've only had one gamertag. Recovering the same tag on any xbox at any time doesn't do anything to your score, that's permanently attatched to your tag.

I'm a little confused on this as well.....never heard of anything like this happening :confused:

btw, if you're ONLY worried about the score itself, you could EASILY get 5k and more in a weekend if you know what to play.

Variation-XBA
11-26-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm a little confused on this as well.....never heard of anything like this happening :confused:

btw, if you're ONLY worried about the score itself, you could EASILY get 5k and more in a weekend if you know what to play.

Not only that, but if you haven't been online to 'show' your gamerscore, why would you care now?

Snarky30
11-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Are you sure that you would lose your gamerscore? I've had my internet go down for weeks at a time and continued to get gamerscore while offline. Then when the internet comes back on, your gamerscore on the console just uploads to your live account. It doesn't default back to where you were before going off of live.

Edit: I just realized that you said that you need to recover your gamertag because the one you have currently isn't allowing you to sign in. Yeah that would reset your GS to whatever was on their servers.

thAshAdyOne
12-08-2011, 07:34 PM
I hadn't been online, not because I hate the internet. I'm still living a 9-5 lifestyle. I haven't had cable or internet for 2 years.

MS Support Reps told me that even if I bought another subscription, because my account used to be Gold & went Silver because it hadn't been attached to a valid CC & I had other uses for $60 in the past couple of years that I would have had to recover my GT & the GS that I had when I last was online would be what it recovered & all achievements I've accumulated offline would disappear.

Symmetric-XBA
12-08-2011, 08:52 PM
I hadn't been online, not because I hate the internet. I'm still living a 9-5 lifestyle. I haven't had cable or internet for 2 years.

MS Support Reps told me that even if I bought another subscription, because my account used to be Gold & went Silver because it hadn't been attached to a valid CC & I had other uses for $60 in the past couple of years that I would have had to recover my GT & the GS that I had when I last was online would be what it recovered & all achievements I've accumulated offline would disappear.

this happened to a friend of mine, he lost a lot of achvs. in the old ace combat and other games. In total he lost roughly half his achvs.

HDHomage
12-10-2011, 01:46 AM
I feel for you mate, i got the red rings and lost everything. 3 entire years of gaming down the drain :p

Pryor beast
12-12-2011, 03:36 AM
I went thru this when I last moved because I had a year left on my isp contract but they didn't reach where I moved to. So by the time I got back online my GT was about 3k richer thanks to beating the hell out of non-online games like Spiderman and Bioshock. Now those games don't even appear in my games played list. Sorry dude, don't think u have a choice if u want to play online