PDA

View Full Version : 2 profiles, deleted one but still have data

ame8199
12-28-2011, 04:16 PM
So I'm new to Xbox and I have 2 profiles. One I set up when I first got the machine and then I went online to sign up for a live account. Well I finally figured out how to get my live account on my console.

Anyway so my first profile played lego harry potter and saved the game. I did delete that profile but just the profile thinking the saved data would transfer.

I had to leave before I could deal with the data. Is there a way to get the data onto my new profile or do I need to start from the beginning?

If i have to start from the beginning can I delete the data from my deleted profile ?

I really hope thus makes sense. If u didn't live it I would be confused. Thanks

Enamelized420
12-28-2011, 04:38 PM
unfortunately you will need to play Harry Potter on the newly created profile. You definitely can delete the saved data from the profile you removed so it's no longer on the harddrive and showing UNKNOWN for the profile...

Hope this may help you out...

Variation-XBA
12-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Saves are linked to profiles

ame8199
12-29-2011, 01:57 AM
Thanks it's all ok now. It only took a couple hours to get back to where I was. Thanks for the help

Ainokeatoo
12-29-2011, 11:25 PM
There are indeed ways to use saves from other profiles, but it's strictly a "no-talky" policy here on the site.

The Mattbox
01-22-2012, 06:10 PM
I recently created a new profile on my xbox, deleted the old profile and kept the bits and bobs (save data, DLC etc).

Season passes didn't carry over, but online passes did. I tried to save some important save games - Skyrim, Mass Effect 1 & few others. 99% of them didn't transfer, with the exception of Mass Effect. I can play that from where I last saved - obviously without the achievements unlocking.