PDA

View Full Version : Hard to find Games

Exatox
03-15-2002, 10:26 AM
When and where does everybody find any new games? I always have to go to the sstore at like 5 in the morning to find out they still haven't stocked any new games! ARGGGGGGH

E-Xbox
03-15-2002, 10:30 AM
hey

well.....
i juss go to the same 2 stores...if they dont have it
then i know it hasnt arrived
EB and Wal-mart
plus...i always go 2-3 days after the shipping day
and call to see when the store will get the game in...

peace....

XBOX Dude
03-15-2002, 10:34 AM
gamespot and bestbuy if one doesn't have it the other does

Exatox
03-15-2002, 10:39 AM
It takews me like 3-5 minutes to get to Wal-Mart Supercenter in Commerce City (It's the most profitable one in the nation so far!!) and like 20-30 to get to best buy. I am Lazy, i'll order things online w/ overnight shipping!

Highlite23
03-15-2002, 11:08 AM
Game Spot for me, i have 3 in my area. They seem to be pretty consistent with release dates.

Not to mention the return policy just in case the games a dud.

l Maximus l
03-15-2002, 11:22 AM
I usually go to Electronics Boutique because I can actually call them and they will hold a game for me before I run down and pick it up. I'm not sure if all of them do this, but, the one I go to does. So, I just call early, ask them to hold it, and go pick it up after work :)

Every time I have done this, all of the other games were sold out, however, they were cool enough to actually hold one in the back stock room for me! They will always get my business!

I also work part-time at an Electronics Store who doesn't get games on the actually launch date :rolleyes: . But, if I don't get them on the launch date and decide to get one later, that is where I get my games...besides, I also get an employee discount :D

E-Xbox
03-15-2002, 05:35 PM
hey

yea i also do what max does
i call EB and ask when they gettin it in
and ask them to hold it...
b4 i go...

peace

Brevity
03-15-2002, 05:52 PM
I hit Wal*Wart. the 24 H. type.:D

Piccolo_DBz
03-15-2002, 06:57 PM
It's either Best Buy or Software ETC for me.

JADE8704
03-15-2002, 07:07 PM
yeah, i usually get my games from EB at the mall, or Toys R Us down the street...those are the first two stores that i shop for my games...if i can't find any the game im looking for there, i go to best buy, or circut city...i have to say though, that target sells good games at incredibly low prices..thats where i got my RSC from :D

Nato King
03-16-2002, 08:50 AM
Because I live in bermuda I get my games this way:

I send money to my friend in Delware and he buys the games for me and than sends it down to me in the mail or Fadex. Sometimes I don't like the game. So I will have to wait until I go away again to sell it back and get a new game. I am away now so I am getting some new games now. I go back to bermuda on sunday. So that is my life on games i know it is hard but that is life.:) :)

Kooster
03-16-2002, 12:37 PM
Exatox, where do u live to make games so hard to find? Where I live, new games are always in stock. It seems weird that there could be a shortage.

Niner Six
03-16-2002, 12:52 PM
I usually go to Zellers in my home town, if they don't have it, I drive an hour and a half to Wal-Mart who have a great selection.

Plewis
03-16-2002, 03:22 PM
i try walmart, and if they don't have it i head over to funco land... then I might give up and order it online, or I head to best buy, or circuit city

Derek_00
03-16-2002, 05:51 PM
future shop and elctronic boutique there the best here if they dont have it its not out yet

Razor70
03-16-2002, 07:09 PM
The only places in this immediate area for me to get my games is Wal-mart and the soon to be closed Kmart. The closest EB around here is a hour and a half north and the closest Best Buy or Circuit City is a hour away. I hear rumors that we are suppose to be getting a BB here, but it won't be anytime soon I fear. If I had a credit card I would probably just order off the net myself, but as seeing I don't have one...then I just have to wait for the Wal-mart here to get them. Of course I do get a discount on my games due to the fact I work there though too. But we still haven't gotten Knockout Kings 2002 or All Star Baseball 2003 yet. So, sometimes it is bad but most of the time it works okay for me.