PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Companies Suck

mahalan
03-15-2002, 01:51 PM
I ended up sending my Xbox in for repair almost two weeks ago (it wasn't working on 480p video). Microsoft was great about this. They sent a box to overnight it to their repair facility, fixed it in two days, and the next day sent it overnight back.

That's where the problem occurred. My Xbox got lost in shipping it back to me! It's been almost two weeks since I shipped it out and it's finally declared lost. Now, I'm being told that I have to wait until Microsoft gets reimbursed from Airborne Express before they'll ship a new Xbox to me (about two more weeks).

Because some moron working for Airborne decided he wanted an Xbox for free and chose mine to take home, I've got to go a month without one? So much for the new games I've gotten since sending it off. So much for using it to entertain my niece who's visiting this week. This really sucks.

Chr0nik
03-15-2002, 02:28 PM
These things happen, tough cookies. ;)

Ninja Scroll
03-15-2002, 02:57 PM
Sorry to hear that yo. Hopefully things will work out for the best.
You know with mail it's like a gamble, unfortunatly.:(

mahalan
03-15-2002, 03:24 PM
Yeah. I am amazed at the frequency that stuff like this occurs. My company ships an item that's in high demand and we made the mistake of putting our name on our boxes. You wouldn't believe how much product is lost in transport. It's really disgusting.

Spaztic
03-15-2002, 03:38 PM
if your xbox breaks why not just buy another one and return the broken one? That way you are only out of a xbox for an hour or so?!

mahalan
03-15-2002, 06:03 PM
Why not just return it to the store for a new one? Easy. Because I'm a moron who followed the instructions. They tell you to NOT return it to the retailer but to call customer support. Customer support will work with you to isolate the problem to the Xbox (as opposed to games, cables, recievers, televisions, etc.) If it is the Xbox, they'll ship out a box to send it in.

Why does Microsoft do this? It's a lot cheaper for them. This way, they can use one cardboard box to get the machine, fix it, and return it. Otherwise, they're stuck with all of the packing materials, xbox, power supply, and controller from a returned Xbox which cannot be resold as new.

Why did I follow Microsoft's instructions? Because I'm a moron. Otherwise, I'd have my Xbox right now.

Hugh_Jass
03-15-2002, 07:19 PM
I think the stores scan the serial number to prevent you from returning a different unit.

Toonz
03-16-2002, 09:58 AM
I hear ya dude I once bought a $650 dollar Platinum CD Award by one of my Favorite Bands Matthew Good Band and had it shipped UPS. I was not home when they came and the dummies left in between the screen door and the regular door at my house. Although I did get it when I got home it was in plain site for anyone to see and steal. I choose UPS because there suppose to come to your house 2x before you have to go to them to pick up your package but apparently they don't actually practice that.