PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Videos

Snoopy7548
03-15-2002, 06:22 PM
is it just me, or does the quality on the intro movies and stuff on xbox games suck? like take a look at asb2003, the quality is pretty bad, is this cause the movies are uncompressed?

E-Xbox
03-15-2002, 07:37 PM
i disagree....
i think the videos are quite impressive...
they are sooo amazing IMO!

oh well...

peace

JADE8704
03-15-2002, 07:42 PM
i think we're getting to the point in technology where the devs don't have to use CGI anymore to make the intros of video games because the in-game graphics already look amazing...take halo for example...also, by eliminating the CGI based intros, gamers get a feel for what they're getting and are not misled by digitally enhanced graphics..IMO:)

SnOoPy
03-15-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by JADE8704
i think we're getting to the point in technology where the devs don't have to use CGI anymore to make the intros of video games because the in-game graphics already look amazing...take halo for example...also, by eliminating the CGI based intros, gamers get a feel for what they're getting and are not misled by digitally enhanced graphics..IMO:)

I agree FFVII completely misled me :( Thats why i don't think high of CGI. I liek the approach Bungie did with Halo & Rockstar with Max Payne no CGI, 100% graphic all the way unlike the FF series :(

Snoopy7548
03-16-2002, 11:14 AM
im talkin about the fmv intro in asb2003, the quality of it is pretty bad.

JimmieDoogan
03-16-2002, 11:25 AM
He means the compression artifacting. Yes it is compressed. Because the Xbox is capable of both DVD and WMV properties, a developer has a choice. Quick easy and ugly, or long hard and beautiful. What they chose was to compress their FMV into WMV instead of MPEG2 VOB's which makes it look like crap. If you look at the intro for SSX Tricky and Silent Hill 2 you can tell they used the MPEG2 VOB's as the result is beautiful. And why not. ASB is made by Acclaim right? They always do everything half@$$ed. Never has one Accliam game been a Triple A title.

Snoopy7548
03-16-2002, 11:26 AM
yea, i want it long and hard! ohhhhhhhhh hahaha:D