PDA

View Full Version : Well it Finally happend!

Kamshaft
10-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Well, after 10 years...My Xbox Live account has finally been converted to a Canadian account.
Not really sure how the account got transformed into an American one in the first place, but none the less it's fixed now.

In the past when I "TRIED" to get this done, they (Microsoft/Xbox) would tell me just go make another account. That it was impossible to just convert it. Man, I had ten year worth of gamerscore, arcade title purchases, the 10 year marker, and my sweet gamertag! I wasn't really excited on throwing all that away!

If you're asking how this got fixed it was simple. I call 1-800-4MY-XBOX. They verified all my credentials. It took about 2 weeks roughly to process. And can only be done once in a lifetime of the Gamertag account.

I didn't really loose anything. All my arcade games that I bought seem to be there.

I'm a really happy camper now, I thought I'd share this with you guys!
Kam

Striker Qc
10-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Well thanks for the Information, it`s a great news as multiple people ask us how to do it, and now that we know it can benefit in multiple users who created wrong foreign accounts.

Kraft
10-27-2012, 04:44 PM
I lost my beta Xbox live account due to Microsoft customer service retardation. I feel for you. On another note, what is the benefit of having a Canadian account over an American account?

Kamshaft
10-27-2012, 05:53 PM
I lost my beta Xbox live account due to Microsoft customer service retardation. I feel for you. On another note, what is the benefit of having a Canadian account over an American account?

There's really isn't a true blue advantage, just makes it easier to buy points and stuff in my own country otherwise it didn't work.

Plus I now Canadian ads, instead of US ones.

Kraft
10-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Are all of your messages in French now?

Kamshaft
10-27-2012, 08:55 PM

Hahaha, no!:yikes:

Striker Qc
10-27-2012, 09:07 PM

Actually there isn`t much French content over Xbox Live

Symmetrics Love
11-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Glad to hear its possible, will make converting easier when Brent and I decide what we are doing (whether he comes here or i go there) At least we know now that it can be done! Thanks for sharing and welcome to Canada!!! LOL