PDA

View Full Version : do u play halo online?

E-Xbox
03-15-2002, 08:00 PM
read the topic...hehe...

Slamming J
03-15-2002, 08:03 PM
I wish! I haven't gotten around to getting the stuff yet. Is it easy to set up once you have everything? I'm just afraid I'll somehow screw something up, then mess up my 450 dollar xbox (CDN)...

E-Xbox
03-15-2002, 08:12 PM
yes its ez
and there is like no way u can mess n e thing up....
hehe...
peace

Slamming J
03-15-2002, 08:31 PM
Nice...I'll give it a try sometime then....

SnOoPy
03-15-2002, 08:34 PM
NOPE!, i played it but after 2 week my Nic card stop working :( **** $22 Nic cards :(

But when I was playing online they always kick me cause it was only me and not 3 or 4 players :( so I only played with friends I know which sucks cause it was just 3 or 4 of us :(

wweomaniac
03-15-2002, 08:42 PM
I voted for "no xbox games" because I hate gamespy and that is the only easy xbox program to use. All the others don't have chat and look awful.

I play xbox parties. Screw online. There are too many newbs and too much lag. Even though I have a cable connection, it still lags for me.

If anyone agrees with me... please reply.

Jon27
03-16-2002, 05:23 PM
its very easy and you should try it if you got the hub and all. you can get into some good games with no lag.

look at this article on it.

xbox online (http://www.xboxxtreme.net/cgi-bin/features2/viewnews.cgi?id=EpEVFZpVAVgPCQxUFG)

Duke
03-17-2002, 11:17 AM
while i'm sure i would enjoy it, no. just seems like too much trouble for me.

since i have recently discovered (i don't know why i didn't know before) that it will not have official xbox online play, i may give it a shot.

once xbox online comes out i don't feel there will be any reason to spend the money to get onto gamespy (i know the service is free) i feel once the pay service comes out there will be more than enough games (read battlefield:1942) to keep me occupied w/out halo.

just to qualify this, i love halo. i have not enjoyed an FPS this much since goldeneye.

l Maximus l
03-17-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
while i'm sure i would enjoy it, no. just seems like too much trouble for me.

since i have recently discovered (i don't know why i didn't know before) that it will not have official xbox online play, i may give it a shot.

once xbox online comes out i don't feel there will be any reason to spend the money to get onto gamespy (i know the service is free) i feel once the pay service comes out there will be more than enough games (read battlefield:1942) to keep me occupied w/out halo.

just to qualify this, i love halo. i have not enjoyed an FPS this much since goldeneye.

Hey, Duke...dude, I felt the exact same way until I actually broke down and did it!!! I have ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS!!! It's awesome!!!! You definately have NO IDEA what you are missing!!! It's AWESOME!! :D

Azazel
03-17-2002, 02:53 PM
Max is right! Halo online is the best thing ever.

Ya there are always newbies (like Maximus) but make advanced player rooms and the fun never stops.

Snoopy7548
03-17-2002, 03:04 PM
i still need to buy a switch and a really long cat-5 patch cable, and i only have like 10 bucks.

l Maximus l
03-17-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by ty818
Max is right! Halo online is the best thing ever.

Ya there are always newbies (like Maximus) but make advanced player rooms and the fun never stops.

hehehe...YES!! Uh...I'm a...a....NEWBIE!!! Come one, come all, play me!!! I really ...a ....suck!! Uh...yeah!!! ;)

E-Xbox
03-17-2002, 03:21 PM
yea yea...
i joined a newbii game once...
to bad i smoked them all..
hey max ...werent u in there?

peace

Snoopy7548
03-17-2002, 03:22 PM
haha, ooooooooh, max got SHUTDOWN!!!:D

ALC
03-17-2002, 10:48 PM
I dont currently. I'd like to learn how.. but i've never bothered.. I wanna get it set up and get my full money's worth from my system.. but I'm too darn lazy. :D

JADE8704
03-17-2002, 11:07 PM
i would if i could, but i can't cuz i so i won't...bottom line: i've tried playing on gamespy, but its too confusing:( ..i'll just wait for the real online gaming to come out from MS

Snoopy7548
03-18-2002, 08:30 AM
but the real online from microsoft might cost some money. id rather use gamespy and have it for free than pay more money to some company that doesnt need it.

Exatox
03-18-2002, 09:57 AM
I use gamespy and I will probably will use microsoft (even if it costs money) because I can actually rely on their network (but that doesn't mean everybody else's won't suck)

Huckleberry
03-18-2002, 10:02 AM
hey, maniac...i agree with you, but i haven't ever tried online (due to have the WORST DSL EVER!). still, i don't know how online could compare to 16 people playing in one house howling at each other, talking smack, etc. the lan play is exceptional.

my only regret is that i'm starting to feel like i play in alabama or something...you know...the game play is getting a little inbred. online would certainly bring new blood!

Batman2372
03-18-2002, 10:09 AM
I will, once I finishing wiring the house. I don't want to run a cable across the living room to the office. Once I do that, I'll be on there like a demon!

Snoopy7548
03-18-2002, 11:56 AM
i have to run a cable from my room, up through the attic, and then down to the office, ill probly need about 60 feet of it.