PDA

View Full Version : The First Official Xbox Certification Submission Disc - eBay value?

Gamemaster
11-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Curious what this group thinks the value of this commemorative piece is.

Mounted is the original NHL Hitz disc dated June 28th, 2001 submitted by Midway on July 2nd, 2001. This disc before you launched the XBOX biz as we know it today - kinda cool when you think about it.

Comments?

Better pic...

Kamshaft
12-01-2012, 08:06 AM
That thing legit?

Gamemaster
12-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Yes - I was working in Xbox certification at the time of launch...

Kamshaft
12-01-2012, 01:15 PM

Wow! very cool! What do you do now?

12buckmafia-XBA
12-04-2012, 03:38 PM

What sort of provenance would you have to back it up? The NHL Hitz series actually has a very special place in my heart, and this is a piece I would love to own. However, I'd be wary of putting out more than a small/comfortable amount without any sort of COA, papers, or pictures of it hanging in the office, etc to back up the sale.

I should mention...I also have a small collection of game worn hockey memorabilia, and usually ask for the same proof of use or the period I'm buying from (ie. I own some hockey sticks where I haven't seen photomatches, but can usually date on accuracy based on hockey cards, or team photos) before I purchase...so absolutely no offense intended :)

Gamemaster
12-10-2012, 11:14 PM
What sort of provenance would you have to back it up? The NHL Hitz series actually has a very special place in my heart, and this is a piece I would love to own. However, I'd be wary of putting out more than a small/comfortable amount without any sort of COA, papers, or pictures of it hanging in the office, etc to back up the sale.

I should mention...I also have a small collection of game worn hockey memorabilia, and usually ask for the same proof of use or the period I'm buying from (ie. I own some hockey sticks where I haven't seen photomatches, but can usually date on accuracy based on hockey cards, or team photos) before I purchase...so absolutely no offense intended :)

No offense taken...

Gamemaster
12-28-2012, 05:02 PM
I've since put this up on eBay;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200871372512

Symmetric-XBA
12-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Dear lord in heaven I have to sell my car now. That is a fantastic collection and if I can get a good price on my kidney ill be all over this.

Gamemaster
01-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Dear lord in heaven I have to sell my car now. That is a fantastic collection and if I can get a good price on my kidney ill be all over this.

Symmetric-XBA - note that your msg box is full so no-one can send you PMs...

Symmetric-XBA
01-07-2013, 09:41 PM
lol woops! thanks for letting me know! lol all fixed!