PDA

View Full Version : Charging Mishaps?

TheMaddenManiac
12-01-2012, 07:55 PM
I've had 2 Xbox controllers for a while now, a wireless one that runs on double A batteries, and a chargeable one. The chargeable one has always been a bit fidgety, and eventually it got to the point where it needs to stay plugged in for it to work (it only lasts about 7 seconds without the plug-in, no matter how long you plugged it in). Well, that was okay with me, but now it does this weird thing where I have to bend the charger at a very precise angle for it to charge, and I can't play with it at that angle. It's completely plugged in but without the exact angle it won't charge. This is the charger that I'm talking about: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-play-and-charge-kit/40650?ref=recpdp&cross=802641

I'm forced to play on the double A charged controller but buying new batteries every 2 weeks is getting annoying, plus I can't play 2-player with my friends. Has anyone had a similiar problem with that charger and is there something I can do about it? Yeah I know it's 15 bucks but I don't want to spend money unneccesarily if there is a simple fix, especially around Christmas shopping time. Thanks!

Variation-XBA
12-02-2012, 02:53 AM
I had the same issue with an old Xbox, turned out it was the USB port itself. I never found a fix other than just using a new USB port. If that doesn't work then you don't really got a choice. Just buy a pack of rechargeable AA's

Kamshaft
12-02-2012, 09:01 AM
I've even had my Official Xbox charge kit die. I've been forced to use the USB charge cable. Plus I've gone though a lot of batteries.

So, batteries are finicky, that's all. LOL

TheMaddenManiac
12-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Haha, at least I'm not alone.

Symmetric-XBA
12-02-2012, 12:42 PM
I've had this happen to my controllers as well. There was one product though that helped and that was the ms quick charge station (http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Quick-Charge-Kit/dp/B0041CWZEM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354473398&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+360+battery+charger#replacementWidget) which I got used from Gamestop for under $10. The battery packs charge incredibly fast and they hold their charge for hours and hours. There is room for 2 battery packs so you can have 2 charging while one is on your controller, then if you have ppl coming over and you play multiplayer, just snag the two fresh batteries and put your old one on to charge. Then when it's all over and done with, put the two back on the charger, snag the now charged battery and away ya go! It's the best "accessory" I ever bought and a crap load better than Kinect.

Roujin
12-02-2012, 07:15 PM
I've got the quick charging station also, but since both my battery packs died out I've been mistrustful of buying new ones and have been using rechargeable AA's instead. Some of them I've had since my launch Xbox 360 back in 2005, but the last of those are almost gone. Man! That takes me back! I spent a s***-ton of money on that first console and accessories, even the remote, and I had a bunch of rechargeables at the ready just so I didn't have to buy a bunch of battery packs straight away. Maybe I'll be doing the same for the Xbox 720 or whatever it's going to be called... :(

Symmetrics Love
12-11-2012, 04:59 PM
I think the cheapest and most efficient way would be, buy a wired controller and never have to worry about your battery/charging cable not working, ever again!