PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Awards 2012

Kamshaft
12-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Who's watching them? Streaming LIVE on Xbox Live! In Canada too!

Dec 7th, 2012 @ 9pm EASTERN

Read this too before the show starts! It's smart glass enabled!

http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/11452/Spike-TV-announces-nominees-for-10th-annual-VGA.html

Symmetric-XBA
12-03-2012, 05:29 PM
already have it set to dvr lol

Roujin
12-04-2012, 12:28 AM
I don't have cable, so I guess I won't be tuning in this time.

Symmetric-XBA
12-04-2012, 02:08 AM
I don't have cable, so I guess I won't be tuning in this time.

it's going to be streamed as well on xbox live man, so if ya don't want to huddle around your laptop or computer monitor, hit it up on xbl and enjoy the fun!

Rexbitz
12-04-2012, 05:13 AM
Anyone know the time and date?

Kamshaft
12-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Anyone know the time and date?

http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards/

Rexbitz
12-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Thanks. Glad I have that night off. Woot

Symmetric-XBA
12-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks. Glad I have that night off. Woot

what announcements are ya looking forward to?

Rexbitz
12-04-2012, 11:56 PM
what announcements are ya looking forward to?

I really hope halo 4 takes it all the way instead of black ops 2. If black ops 2 wins. IMO it shows the rest of the industry that recycling games is ok. I just don't understand why halo 4 is not in the running for goty.

Roujin
12-05-2012, 11:22 AM
I don't really care that much for the VGAs, but if it's streaming on Xbox Live and Smartglass, I guess I'll tune just to try out the Live functionality and "second screen" experience...provided that my version of Smartglass will even work (I had to side-load it).

Symmetric-XBA
12-05-2012, 12:13 PM
I really hope halo 4 takes it all the way instead of black ops 2. If black ops 2 wins. IMO it shows the rest of the industry that recycling games is ok. I just don't understand why halo 4 is not in the running for goty.

I hear ya on that. CoD has looked the same for a loooooooooooooooong time, but Halo 4's production values blew away anything Bungie ever did so my hat is off to 343 for making master chief's return absolutly stunning. I always find it amazing how many people get so amped up over CoD, then a month later a majority have left the multiplayer because it becomes flooded with idiots and degenerates who prefer to shout racial slurs, team kill, and ultimately ruin CoD for others. Granted this could be found on almost any other multiplayer game but it runs rampant in CoD and unf. Halo as well.

Symmetric-XBA
12-08-2012, 04:35 AM
I was kind of disappointed with the VGA's this year. Nothing really new outside of Dark Souls II that was a surprise. I loved the Castlevania LoS II trailer even though it showed no gameplay or premise lol. Tomb Raider I thought looked absolutly stunning again. I was really glad when Clap Trap won best character and Dishonored took home some hardware. Other than the occasional laugh at Sam Jackson, it wasn't that mindblowing imo. That south park game though from THQ just might help bring that company back from the dead.

thAshAdyOne
12-09-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm appreciative of The Walking Dead winning the GOTY. If you haven't, I suggest you play that game!

Roujin
12-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Seriously? My Halo 4 experience nowadays is that almost everyone is in Party Chat, and barely anyone talks publicly, so most of my Halo games are quiet. I almost miss the old OG Xbox days where everyone was screaming and swearing...at least you knew their mics worked. But seriously I don't want to go back. :p