PDA

View Full Version : Played Rallisport and....................

GokuX
03-16-2002, 01:32 AM
I'm just blown away. This game has to have the best graphics to date in a car racing game. If this is a first year Xbox title and it's this astounding then I can't wait for what's coming up in another year. I find myself being continually amazed by the Xbox. Not an experience I'm accustomed too with my previous console or PC history. If U haven't played this game then U definitely must without a question. Even if U hate racing games, just rent it for a day so U can see how amazing it looks. As is my policy for every single game no matter how good, I suggest that U rent it first before buying.

Toder
03-16-2002, 02:15 AM
I totally agree with you 100% on this GokuX. I bought the game and i was blown away by the graphics too. Another thing the sound of the ralli cars is so realistic too. I have a friend who is in to ralli cars and he couldn't believe how realalistic the game is.

philby85
03-16-2002, 03:58 AM
You aint wrong there! This game rocks. I just cant stop playing it lots of times I crash cause I'm going WOW at the graphics. Great gameplay too.

Shadow Fox
03-16-2002, 05:55 AM
I just rented Rallisport this weekend, and I must say it has impressed me. This pretty much is the best looking racer on the market (sorry GT3). I like the uphill battle options and the realistic handling you get on the road; feels like a real rally race.

This is especially true in Monte Carlo- you can literally see miles below on those cliffs.

Overall, this is one killer-app that seems to be overlooked. For Christ's sakes, buy this game if you like racers, period.

Microsoft has outdone itself here. This is the best graphical effort on the Xbox IMO, and is only rivaled now by WWF Raw and GunValyrie. Finally the Xbox is being exploited for its "power".;)

Thumbs up to anyone that already owns this game; it's an excellent choice.

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

Afro Aura
03-16-2002, 06:00 AM
Yeah this game is brilliant, great graphics and with the little touches as one of my friend was going on about the car didn't stay on the track untill he found out he could have changed the car settings and hey presto the car was a steady as a rock
yep this is a coooool game

JADE8704
03-16-2002, 10:00 AM
i agree with you that this has to be the best looking racer of all time...can't wait to see the next rallisport...maybe 150+ cars? :D

GokuX
03-16-2002, 11:16 AM
I'm not seeing why people are complaining about being reset. I've driven a bit off the track every so often and was reset only one time. If you're going off the track that far all the time, then U probably just stink at racing games. All rally games that I know of reset U when U go off to far and GT3 has gaurd rails and walls so this is just a non issue completely and is probably the only thing someone can come up with to belittle one of the top 3 racing games out right now.

Snoopy7548
03-16-2002, 11:45 AM
i went to go rent it at my blockbuster, and they had no freakin copies left! they only had 1 copy of the game! what jackasses. blockbuster must hate the xbox or somethin if they have 1 copy of an xbox game and like 50 copies of a ps2 game that nobody rents.

Exatox
03-16-2002, 12:23 PM
the only way I was able to BUY the game was online. (Overnight Shipping of course)

DT21
03-16-2002, 12:37 PM
Would anyone recommend the game if you like racing games just a little bit?

Niner Six
03-16-2002, 12:49 PM
I'm not a big racing game fan (I like the first person shooters and sports games) but I bought RSC and I would completely recommend it to those who like racing games and to those who don't...it definately changed my opinion about racers. Best looking racer and best handling!!!

GokuX
03-16-2002, 01:35 PM
The deal with Blockbuster is a per location thing because my Blockbuster has at least 10 copies of all of the new Xbox games. It all depends on the people running the place.

ryan123
03-16-2002, 10:24 PM
I rented this game on friday at Hollywood Video and they had atleast 10 copies of it. I really like this game! Its got great graphics and its really fun to play. I played it today with my uncle and he really liked it too. I can't wait till I have enough money to buy it.

scoomey
03-16-2002, 10:27 PM
I totally agree with you. rallisport is cool,but i think it is a hard game to master. Great replay value too. Should have had system link though.

Razor70
03-16-2002, 10:33 PM
Actually the deal with Blockbuster has to do with the area you live in. If your in a bigger city you will get more copies of a title than say a smaller town would. Plus it also has to do with how well that stores rental base is on Xbox games. If they rent alot of them then they will end up getting more copies of titles, but if they just sit on the shelf then that store will be the last to get copies.

As for Rallisport....Yes this is the best looking rally game I have ever seen. I love the controls and the sound too. This is a must have title for anybodies Xbox library. Even if you don't like racing games...try this game out at least once.

l Maximus l
03-17-2002, 03:03 PM
GokuX!!! That's awesome! I had/have the exact same impression on Rallisport Challenge! I must admit, it actaully exceeded my expectations! I didn't realize I was going to be so blown away with this game...it's my #2 game that I own...only second to Halo...

The only disappointment I have is that Rallisport Challenge is not System Link compatible...but, this hardly ruins the game for me!! I played split screen with a total of four people and it was awesome! Everyone was yelling and having a blast!!! I love this game!!! :D

In my opinion, it's the best racer I have ever played on a console...and, I love how it is a combination between an arcade racer and a simulator :) This should satisfy gamers with a preference of either one of those!

X-Factor
03-17-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
GokuX!!! That's awesome! I had/have the exact same impression on Rallisport Challenge! I must admit, it actaully exceeded my expectations! I didn't realize I was going to be so blown away with this game...it's my #2 game that I own...only second to Halo...

The only disappointment I have is that Rallisport Challenge is not System Link compatible...but, this hardly ruins the game for me!! I played split screen with a total of four people and it was awesome! Everyone was yelling and having a blast!!! I love this game!!! :D

In my opinion, it's the best racer I have ever played on a console...and, I love how it is a combination between an arcade racer and a simulator :) This should satisfy gamers with a preference of either one of those! For once Maximus, I actually agree with you.

IMO, Rallisport Challenge is "graphically" the best game on Xbox. RC absolutely blew me away the first time I played it. RC is IMO, the most realistic racing game ever (sorry GT3). When it comes to racing games, RC has the most realistic car models, car physics, racing tracks, and engine sounds. I positively love the feel of RC. Rallisport strikes a perfect balance between arcade and sim.

Before PGR hit the streets, I thought it had the potential of being the "Gran Turismo killer" for Xbox. But, PGR ended up just an average racer, IMO.

Rallisport Challenge is better than Gran Turismo 3, IMO. I never thought any racing game could top GT3, but Microsoft has done it will Rallisport Challenge. I think MS has out-done themselves with Rallisport. The Xbox is starting to turn into a racing fans dream machine.

*wonders if Sega GT 2002 can top RC*:confused:

gula
03-17-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by DT21
Would anyone recommend the game if you like racing games just a little bit?

I barely play racing games. But I had to buy this game. Once I did, I have a new outlook on racing games. I love this game.

gameslave
03-17-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
I'm just blown away. This game has to have the best graphics to date in a car racing game.

I'm blown away too! Just got it and it ROKS! Makes the allmighty Grand Trursimo look SICK SICK SICK! XBOX RULS!!!:D