PDA

View Full Version : whats with the handel on gamecube...lol

Xboxmaster2001
08-29-2001, 05:21 PM
whats with it I see no point of haveing 1 on a game system its not like your going to take it down the street showing every 1 that you got a sucky system w/o a case anyway that must be the stupidest idea yet...

Aaron
08-29-2001, 05:26 PM
i dunno, i usually play my consoles with the thing sitting down, i guess you could link a fat gold chain through it and put it around your neck like Flava Flav

Xboxmaster2001
08-29-2001, 05:28 PM
lol true

Aaron
08-29-2001, 05:45 PM
and the handle isnt even retractable, therefore you gotta make space for it behind it as well, plus the console is 6 inches tall CLOSED, you cant put that POS in a entertainment center!!! its a crime i tell ya

cvking
08-29-2001, 06:23 PM
Looks like a ****ing lunchbox! I't probably has space inthere to put your pokemon:D

Andy182
08-29-2001, 06:55 PM
Furst off the GameCube looks like a retarded Jack-in-the-cube! lol I can' believe all their new titles are for young gamers! They need to realize the average gamer is 12 - 18. I don't thinkan 18 year old wants to play Pokemon! lol

Door69
08-29-2001, 10:36 PM
why is it purple?

Gaycube sux

Aaron
08-29-2001, 11:10 PM
who knows, gay pride.

Door69
08-30-2001, 12:26 AM
i guess so:D

addict733
08-30-2001, 12:45 AM
maybe the handel is used to make it easier to pick the system up and throw it out the window................ but thats just what I think!

Aaron
08-30-2001, 01:07 AM
If i havent said it already, Welcome to the forums!!

AlBoogy
08-30-2001, 10:41 AM
After looking at this thing i realize it looks alot like a baby seat. Think about the commercial. "After your CHILD plays the game, you can pop the lid and sit them on it. FEEDING TIME! And its portable too! With this great new novelty, the handle, you can bring your child seat to your favorite restaraunt!":p

Koopa
08-30-2001, 12:16 PM
great...I'm offline for a week and come back to see this:mad:

well..to each his own I suppose..

I admit the handle is...odd...I'd go as far to say stupid, and even a waste of plastic...but they're trying to be "different" and stand out, and you have to admit they ARE standing out. I don't really think any of the consoles this generation look that fantastic...maybe PS2, cuz its kinda sleek looking, but certainly not the gargantuan Xbox briefcase or Gamecube gay pride lunchpail (on a side note, "Jet Black" has been confirmed as a US launch color, along with "Indigo")...DC looks average at best...a gray box.

and this kiddie stuff...just for an example, the launch has about 2 or 3 "kiddy" games in my opinion...super monkey ball, which has gotten rave reviews so far, Pikmin, which has been constantly described as "addictive" and Luigi's Mansion, which looks pretty funny and fun to me:D just look at the list if you want and there aren't as many "kiddy" games as one might think
http://cube.ign.com/releases.html

xboxlover
08-30-2001, 12:23 PM
Hey i think the xbox looks cooool and the big x on the front is better than damn gc and ps2.

Andy182
08-30-2001, 06:26 PM
What? On eor teo kiddie games? All of Nintendo's fist party games are kiddie. I first thought Zelda would eb a good game but Nintendomade it a cel shaded game. Bad decision.

Koopa
08-30-2001, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Andy182
What? On eor teo kiddie games? All of Nintendo's fist party games are kiddie. I first thought Zelda would eb a good game but Nintendomade it a cel shaded game. Bad decision.

.....riiiightt :-/

well, If I can understand what you're trying to say, then you're saying Nintendo's first party games are kiddy. I'm forced to agree that most are, but you're forgetting to mention that most are top-notch titles that get excellent reviews. I believe you also are forgetting to mention third parties such as Retro, Silicon Knights, and Rare are making more mature games.

as for the cel-shaded zelda, I'm...shocked to say the least, but, what idiot would think Shigeru Miyamoto really knows what he's doing with his own franchise?!/sarcasm I'm thinking it will be..different....and I'm guessing/hoping it will be fun!:D

Severe_Tire_Damage
08-30-2001, 11:37 PM
Im not trying to defend it, but the gay cube comes in different colors. Its like comparing and I-mac to a brand new Hewlett Packard, Compaq, or NEC. Things like that are not suppoesed to be different colors. Thats gay.

Koopa
08-31-2001, 12:08 AM
I don't mean to offend you, and maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't really get that analogy:confused:

....I'm probably just stupid;)

Aaron
08-31-2001, 02:49 AM
why cant gc people just admit they were DISAPPOINTED by zelda?????

Rancey
08-31-2001, 08:25 AM
I think that Nintendo confirmed the gc would double as a hand bag, they figured that because young kids were gonna buy their console it is only fair that the moms of these kids get something, they managed to produce a very feminin product in the end and were happy with their results.

Manny
08-31-2001, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by FuNiOnZ
Because I'm not.

DOOM
08-31-2001, 11:03 AM
Well you should be... Just like PS2, the cube is a Insult!

Koopa
08-31-2001, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by FuNiOnZ

lol:D

go to any gamecube board and you'll see at a LOT of people crying bloody murder over the Zelda thing...someone even started a petition (like that will work:rolleyes: ) My personal opinion isn't one of disappointment but mainly shock, but I'm willing to give it a chance based on Miyamoto's excellent reputation.

Rancey....what does a feminine product have to do with little kids? Not all kids are girls last time I checked:D Seriously, I said before, none of the designs are perfect, what matters is the games you put in them(although having great games AND a cool looking console would be a little better;) )

Doom, you're entitled to your own opinion so i guess I am too when I say that none of the consoles are an insult. All of them, even Dreamcast, have excellent features and games.

xboxlover
08-31-2001, 12:24 PM
I bring u all back to that pic of tinky winkie and the gamecube bag now u tell me did that look like it was meant to be or what. lol

Aaron
08-31-2001, 01:40 PM
Manny, you are disappointed, but youre a fanboy, when somethin comes out that would harm the reputation of your system you make up some weird lame excuse why it was a good move even when you know it wasnt, but you ride with it so you can keep your fanboyish image up. Give it up, at least koopa is open minded

addict733
08-31-2001, 01:48 PM
y does it seem that everyone changes the subjects. like this post is supposed to be about how ugly the system looks not how the graphix look.

Xboxmaster2001
08-31-2001, 02:29 PM
well i dont mind making fun of the gaycube hell i made the thread i dont care its still making fun of the gaycube:cool:

Rancey
08-31-2001, 10:44 PM
Koopa, because the average age of Nintendo gamers is 8 and under, so it wouldn't be right if the mums didn't get anything when they have to constantly supervise their kids :p

Aaron
09-01-2001, 01:58 AM
rock on m8