PDA

View Full Version : Ok... One More Time

egg
03-16-2002, 04:35 PM
I would love to frag online with you freaks but my $hit just dosent want to work!!! I am going to post my set up one more time thinking maybe someone had the same problem......

Service..Cox

I have the standard Motorola modem that comes with the service......

A Linksys etherfast 10/100 Auto-sensing
5-port workgroup hub

Belkin High speed internet modem cable...

As you can see in the awsome :) diagram I made .. The in use light is always on in port one.. I read you don't connect the xbox in there...but that is the only port that will light up the connection on the back of the Xbox...

Any other port I get nothing..... When I try to connect .. the gamespy software never detects my xbox... In any port... If you have any ideas, shoot them my way...

Toder
03-16-2002, 06:00 PM
use a cat5 patch cable for your xbox

E-Xbox
03-16-2002, 06:43 PM
internet modem cable should go from motorola thing to hub
then the cat5 shoudl go to computers and xbox....

peace

Toder
03-16-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
internet modem cable should go from motorola thing to hub
then the cat5 shoudl go to computers and xbox....

peace

Nah my friend has the exact same set up you just need to run cat5 patch from the modem to the uplink and cat5 patch cables to everything else.

egg
03-16-2002, 08:57 PM
I was thinking maybe I had the wrong cable... If anyone could tell me... What would be the difference between the two.... ?

SIDE NOTE>>> Now new owner of NBA 2k2 and Rallisport challenge...:)

JADE8704
03-16-2002, 11:50 PM
hey, egg, where u from? 'cause i have cox for my connection service too..and i'm probably going to hook up my xbox on gamespy pretty soon...just have to save some more money to buy like a 20" tv for my comp room :(

egg
03-17-2002, 01:33 AM
Well I too am in the midwest.... Omaha... When you get hooked up give a shout.....THat is if I get it working.... :(

Toder
03-17-2002, 02:28 AM
The difference between a Patch cable and your modem cable i'm not quite sure of. A Patch cable is gennerally used for computers how are connected on a network through a hub. A crossover cable which i think is like your modem cable only allows connection between two computers or with your case the modem and your computer.

egg
03-17-2002, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the info Toder..... This is the cable I am using from my XBOX to my hub....Wrong right????? Wrong cable? (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Product_Id=70826)

Infact this is what I really need??? Right cable (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=28&pcount=&Product_Id=67328&Section.Section_Path=%2FCables%2FNetworking%2F)

Again thanks for you help... Everyone!! and I will see you freaks online!!!!

benz_300sl
03-17-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by egg
I was thinking maybe I had the wrong cable... If anyone could tell me... What would be the difference between the two.... ?

SIDE NOTE>>> Now new owner of NBA 2k2 and Rallisport challenge...:) i like NBA 2k2 , but i really didnt like Rallisport....do you like it?

egg
03-17-2002, 05:37 PM
Sup Benz... 2K2 Is a great game...If you know your B-Ball its a must have I think...
I have only about two hours of Rallisport under my belt.. but so far i think its an ok game...Right now I am just getting use to the controls...I will admit it look great but other than that, just another race title...I mean how different can it be?

and another side note>>>>> That car kicks!!!!!!!!!!!

Halo Perfect
03-17-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by egg

SIDE NOTE>>> Now new owner of NBA 2k2 and Rallisport challenge...:)

is 2k2 better than NBA live (by EA Sports) ?? just wonderin'?

egg
03-18-2002, 01:21 PM
is 2k2 better than NBA live (by EA Sports) ?? just wonderin'?

That all depends on who you ask... but I played both and I thiink 2K2 is a level above all others!!! THe on the fly play calling and the AI is really what sets it apart...In NBA Live it seem it just goes... If you score they score, you score they score no matter what.... In 2K2 you have a better feel for defence (I THINK) If you cant decide between the two.. Let me do it for you..... NBA 2K2]