PDA

View Full Version : DVD player...keep it or buy XBOX remote?

nascarfan29
03-17-2002, 04:28 AM
I currently have a decent DVD player hooked up to a Sony HDTV. I also have my black BOX of goodness hooked up using the HDTV video connection.
The opinions I'm looking for are from those of you with HDTV ...how is the picture quality of the XBOX DVD player compared to a standalone DVD? Is it worth getting the remote?

xboxer2002
03-17-2002, 07:49 AM
If you have a high end dvd player hooked up,you won't see a difference in quality.I personally wouldn't buy it.

DIGITAL
03-17-2002, 08:46 AM
I SOLD MY OLD DVD PLAYER WHICH WAS A SONY THAT COST About $250 bucks because the picture looked better on the xbox dvd player,i got my xbox hooked up with s video but i didnt have my sony dvd player hooked up with the s video,so thats why the xbox looks better i think.

DIGITAL
03-17-2002, 08:47 AM
i allso made enough cash selling the old dvd player to buy 2 games the money back for the remote an beer money

xboxpebbles
03-17-2002, 09:09 AM
imo- i think its great..
being this is m 1st dvd player, i
cant really say:confused:
but, im very happy w/ it and
will buy dvds more than tapes
now!
its a great dvd player:D

Hugh_Jass
03-17-2002, 10:55 AM
I use my XBOX strictly for gaming. All hardware has a limited lifespan and I want my XBOX's life dedicated to playing games and only games.

Duke
03-17-2002, 11:01 AM
i only have the box, so i use it for dvd. my bro has a high end dvd player that looks better.

i certainly have no complaints of xbox dvd, but unless you need the cash, i would keep the dvd. i plan on buying one myself eventually. although like i said, for right now the xbox is more than sufficient.

GokuX
03-17-2002, 12:41 PM
Well, U'll have more space if U sell the other DVD player, and U'll have more cash, less remotes to deal with. I say go for it unless your other DVD player is capable of progressive scan. If not, then I say let it go.

nascarfan29
03-19-2002, 05:06 AM
:)

Thanks for all the opinions, although I'm still unsure what to do really. The main idea I had was to move my current player to my other, not-so-great tv. I don't watch many movies on it anyway, so I guess the whole idea was to see if the $30 would be worth it or not....but again, I thank you all for the input! ;)