PDA

View Full Version : XboxAddict Halo 4 Community Playdate Recap

Symmetric-XBA
01-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Well the holiday season has come and gone and most of us will need some extra time to recover lol but was XboxAddict happy to sit back, sip the remaining nog, and say Happy New Year? Not a chance as on Jan. 4 XboxAddict hosted a Halo 4 Community Playdate that was also tied into the Xbox Live Rewards system and dear lord in heaven did we have a massive turnout! Leading up to the big day the hosts of the event got bombarded with an overwhelming amount of friend/party requests, messages, and more and all of them were asking to join, get details on the event and then some. The Community Playdate finally kicked off at 8pm EST and was a success from game #1. Gamers from all over the world were enjoying every min. of the games and because we were all having such a good time XboxAddict decided to give gamers another surprise by giving away free arcade games and more throughout the whole night!

Given that some gamers didn't have the new map pack we all found ourselves focused on levels like Exile and Ragnarock but there was some variety mixed into the maps, but that just prepped all of us for massive vehicle battles between tanks and gauss hogs and dodging banshee fire while running for your life for cover. Right from the beginning things were on the right track, but what kicked it in is when gamers competed for the arcade games. We were holding mini contests such as: Highest score of the game gets a code or first person with first strike gets a code and so on and so forth. All of this amazing fun led to one thing, the Community Playdate going beyond the time limit originally advertised of 11pm EST and going passed 3am EST!

One thing that did take us all by surprise was the attitude of all the gamers that participated in the event! We as gamers know that most of the time you will hear the worst of the worst on XBL, hence the reason that most people don't use their mic. This though wasn't a factor at all as the attitude of all were very humerous and mannerly so issues involved with any form of discipline were almost non existent. After all of this excitement the hosts of the night were then bombarded with constant messages of thanks and appreciation for such a fantastic event! For those who have joined the site after playing with us, WELCOME to XboxAddict! For those that didn't make it out to the event, no worries because XboxAddict will be hosting another one down the road!!

If I had to review the night I'd score it like this:

Fun: 10/10
Excitement: 10/10
Gamer participation: 10/10
Overall Awesomeness: 1 gazillion/10

Shawn-XBA
01-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Man, I wished I could have made it. Defiantly plan on joining the next playdate. Maybe some Black Ops 2 perhaps, lol

HaZarD SFD
01-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Glad it was a success... Too bad my boss is a Chinese version of Hitler and female.. Had my Jew butt workin overtime and I wanted to thumb it up with the community.

Symmetric-XBA
01-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Glad it was a success... Too bad my boss is a Chinese version of Hitler and female.. Had my Jew butt workin overtime and I wanted to thumb it up with the community.

yeah there were gamers asking what was goin on with ya. some ppl thought you were invisible lol.

Variation-XBA
01-06-2013, 09:38 PM
It was a real party once I joined in!

HaZarD SFD
01-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Pissed I had to miss it.. Pissed I work 6 nights a week too..

Batman22 DC
01-17-2013, 04:25 PM
nice!