PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One , No headset !?

Vampero
06-16-2013, 12:30 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one

No headset in the box for Xbox One Console - Day One Edition ! Xbox 360 headsets will not work with Xbox One. Why would Microsoft do something so foolish like this ? They could have put a cheap one in the box to get you started..:p

Kamshaft
06-16-2013, 03:56 PM
I guessing you can use a Bluetooth headset for live game play. It does have Bluetooth 2.1. At this point who knows! LOL

Variation-XBA
06-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Technically it doesn't say power supply cable either ;)

Enamelized420
06-17-2013, 11:00 AM
what about those of us that use our Turtle beach headsets? That mean there will be a way to adapt those or have to purchase yet something new for the Xbox One?!?!?!? :(

HaZarD SFD
06-17-2013, 11:14 AM
IMHO the Turtle Beach headsets use the optical cable. If the Xbox ONE has an Optical out, it will still work the same. The main unit for the headphones decodes the dolby signal just like a home receiver. However the bluetooth or wired sets might have mic connectivity issues unless you can pair the bluetooth ones with the console itself.

thAshAdyOne
06-17-2013, 11:33 AM
what about those of us that use our Turtle beach headsets? That mean there will be a way to adapt those or have to purchase yet something new for the Xbox One?!?!?!? :(

Definitely will be able buy another one at full price. Come on, this is Capitalism at its finest!

Variation-XBA
06-17-2013, 02:14 PM

They'll probably sell adapters for them

Vampero
06-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Definitely will be able buy another one at full price. Come on, this is Capitalism at its finest!

LOL ! Microsoft has that down for sure !

Kamshaft
06-17-2013, 06:57 PM
IMHO the Turtle Beach headsets use the optical cable. If the Xbox ONE has an Optical out, it will still work the same. The main unit for the headphones decodes the dolby signal just like a home receiver. However the bluetooth or wired sets might have mic connectivity issues unless you can pair the bluetooth ones with the console itself.

Dude look t the Xbox one info page, link above. There is a optical out.

HaZarD SFD
06-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Dude look t the Xbox one info page, link above. There is a optical out.

I know it does. I am just fortifying the fact that if it does have an optical out (which the picture shows) then the head unit on the headset will decode the Dolby like a Home theater system and still work.

Not trying to bust on the no headset deal im trying to make a positive note about how they say the current headsets wont work. IMHO the cable headsets wont work and thats most likely what they are referring too.

Roujin
06-24-2013, 10:55 AM
The problem is that while the Xbox One has optical out, the microphone part of the Turtle Beach headsets won't work without some sort of adapter. Hopefully, Turtle Beach or some kind third-party manufacturer will come out with an inexpensive adapter that will allow the current headsets to work, because I AM NOT buying another expensive headset for the Xbox One...I already own two TB headsets and have no plans purchase a third.

I guess Microsoft is hoping that with the mandatory Kinect in every box, there won't be a need for headsets...we can just shout at the TV over the noise of the game we're playing.

Vampero
06-24-2013, 01:27 PM
This website says you can't use your old Xbox 360 headsets with Xbox One. The hook up in the back is different. http:// http://m.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Headset-First-Images-Details-Revealed-56977.html

HaZarD SFD
06-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Optical out is optical out. I dont think they are making proprietary optical cables for the xbox one.

The headsets will work 100% but the mic's wont. However the BLUETOOTH MIC on turtlebeach headsets might work depending on how the XboX One detects Bluetooth devices.
(Headsets I mean as in the XP500 or similar, as in the ones with optical hookup to the back of the console to the headset base unit)

The headset is USB by the looks of it. Thats also the hookup for the controller. not the back of the console.

Kamshaft
06-25-2013, 03:01 PM
This is what you're gonna need. LOL

http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/Xbox360/Accessories/HeadsetsCommunication/Xbox360WirelessHeadsetWithBluetooth

Enamelized420
06-25-2013, 04:00 PM
I just found this information on http://www.turtlebeach.com/ that might clear up what might be needed or necessary if you have one of their headsets and want
to use it with your X1 console. Enjoy

http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/830517528

Vampero
06-27-2013, 05:28 AM
Optical out is optical out. I dont think they are making proprietary optical cables for the xbox one.

The headsets will work 100% but the mic's wont. However the BLUETOOTH MIC on turtlebeach headsets might work depending on how the XboX One detects Bluetooth devices.
(Headsets I mean as in the XP500 or similar, as in the ones with optical hookup to the back of the console to the headset base unit)

The headset is USB by the looks of it. Thats also the hookup for the controller. not the back of the console.

You are wrong it won't work ! Microsoft are now working on a adapter to let them work on the Xbox One. http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=13235 They fold every second now. They should have just did all this in the first place with no adapter needed. . It should be called Xbox 180 now.

Guilty Ghost
06-27-2013, 12:20 PM
Darn, sometime ago I bought the Halo 4 Triton Headsets...hope that the adapter works with it too.

Vampero
06-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Darn, sometime ago I bought the Halo 4 Triton Headsets...hope that the adapter works with it too.

I hope it works out for you.

HaZarD SFD
06-27-2013, 11:47 PM
I am referring to the Headsets with OPTICAL CABLE HOOKUP. They will still run 5.1 or 7.1 audio.. However the bluetooth mics or wired mics wont work.

Am I missing the point here?

Remember the base units are hooked up via Optical Audio Cable.

These BASE UNITS decode the sound the same way a Home Theater does. So how would it not work for audio?

M1GO
06-28-2013, 12:28 PM
I am referring to the Headsets with OPTICAL CABLE HOOKUP. They will still run 5.1 or 7.1 audio.. However the bluetooth mics or wired mics wont work.

Am I missing the point here?

Remember the base units are hooked up via Optical Audio Cable.

These BASE UNITS decode the sound the same way a Home Theater does. So how would it not work for audio?

You're not missing the point, but I think people are wondering how they'll communicate to others on XBL without a headset and maybe overlooked the part where you said the mic won't work.

Anyway, no mic? No problem - that's what the Kinect is for... although I really wished they had included a headset anyway. They probably felt like it undermines part of the Kinect's purpose, but there are times when I don't want to be talking/yelling at my TV to be heard by my friends.

Ainokeatoo
06-28-2013, 08:30 PM
... This is going to get very irritating for me. I'm one of the few people that still has their surround sound theater setup. =( Xbox is just making this unnecessarily complicated. The mics on the controllers are just fine.

Kamshaft
06-29-2013, 09:41 AM
This situation is a bit of a pickle, however, you can use ANY Bluetooth head set. Even the ones you use for your cell phones.
As for the more expensive ones (i.e. Turtle Beach, Triton, etc...), I'm assuming that those manufacturers will make adapters of some sort. Probably, cheap.
Example, I own A40s from Astro, those guys just keep making adapters for different hook ups, the headset itself never changes. So...

A "No headset" for me is NOT a deal breaker. There might be bigger issues that might do it.

Symmetric-XBA
06-29-2013, 12:29 PM
A "No headset" for me is NOT a deal breaker. There are bigger issues that might do it.

What are these issues?

Kamshaft
06-29-2013, 02:02 PM
I meant to say "Might", hell I don't know if there are gonna be any issues. Geez

We're still 5 months out to release, as we saw, anything can change!

Roujin
07-02-2013, 08:47 AM
"I just found this information on http://www.turtlebeach.com/ that might clear up what might be needed or necessary if you have one of their headsets and want
to use it with your X1 console. Enjoy

http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/830517528"

Enamelized, that article is referring to the redesigned Xbox 360 E console, not the X1 console, which DOES have an optical out.

I think there's some serious confusion in this thread. As far as 5.1 headsets such as the Turtle Beach X31 and X41s, the AUDIO should work fine with the Xbox One, because it has an Optical Out. The issue surrounds the microphone part of these sorts of headsets, as they plug in to the jack on the Xbox 360 controller, and the Xbox One will have a different jack. So while you'll be able to hear the game just fine, you won't be able to talk to anyone.

Recent stories have indicated that Microsoft is either working on an adapter OR will allow other third-parties to make one, but these types of products may not be available right away. We'll have to sit tight with our fingers crossed and hope that Microsoft will be flexible in this regard, allowing a number of solutions for different types of headsets.

Roujin
07-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Kam, it may not be an issue for you, but it will definitely be a deal breaker for me if I can't use my Turtle Beach X31s or X41s via some sort of adapter. I'm already in the doghouse for buying them both and it's unlikely if I buy yet another headset for the Xbox One that she won't notice. Also, it's because of these headsets that my marriage has managed to survive the Xbox 360 generation of consoles, because my wife doesn't have to put up with all the noise from my games and the profanity of countless 12-year old dip****s on Xbox Live.

A Bluetooth headset solution, even if supported by Xbox One, unfortunately doesn't solve the problem because most Bluetooth headsets are for communication only, they don't carry the sound of the game to your ears, meaning you're still going to have sound blasting out of the speakers on your TV or sound system. In my marriage, that's grounds for divorce. And a full-on, surround sound headphone/headset combo that uses Bluetooth, that's a device that will likely be upwards of $300, also grounds for divorce.

Hopefully Microsoft will provide an inexpensive adapter that will allow existing headsets to work, early on in the Xbox One lifecycle...because that is seriously going to affect when and where in the household I can play multiplayer games on my Xbox One.

Kamshaft
07-02-2013, 10:44 AM
What would have been cool, is a jack to put any old 360 headset in the new controller.

Darth Lupus
08-09-2013, 05:49 AM
There is a video on YouTube right not with Major Nelson where he opens up and XBOX one box and in it there is a head set.

Vampero
08-09-2013, 08:09 AM
They broke down and added a mono headset to the box. Good move I think . http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/xbox-one-unboxing?cid=SOCNANADATWITR465453412PIPMCOREPREORD

Kamshaft
08-09-2013, 09:02 AM
yup. They are doing better moves now!

Vampero
08-09-2013, 10:53 AM
yup. They are doing better moves now!

Nice to see they are looking at the whole picture now ! Make people happy from the start and it will go a long way down the road. Like my motto " Give a little ,get a lot back "