PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One has life !

Vampero
08-09-2013, 11:44 AM
I have to give credit where credit is do. Microsoft is saying and doing the right moves now. It's nice to see they are humble again . They are trying to make sure people are happy again. I like the fact when Major Nelson did the unboxing they added a head set to the mix. Little things like that go a long way for people that are paying $499.99 for Xbox One. I want to know is will Xbox Gold Family plan still be $100 for Xbox One or will Xbox Gold family plan change in price ?:confused:

Vampero
08-09-2013, 12:58 PM
I have to give credit where credit is do. Microsoft is saying and doing the right moves now. It's nice to see they are humble again . They are trying to make sure people are happy again. I like the fact when Major Nelson did the unboxing they added a head set to the mix. Little things like that go a long way for people that are paying $499.99 for Xbox One. I want to know is will Xbox Gold Family plan still be $100 for Xbox One or will Xbox Gold family plan change in price ?:confused:

UPDATE ON MY QUESTION HERE: http://www.oxm.co.uk/60128/xbox-one-digital-policies-revived-gold-subs-can-share-games-and-features-with-non-subscribers/

Xbox One digital policies revived - Gold subs can share games and features with non-subscribers
"Multiple people can enjoy the best benefits of Xbox Live Gold on your Xbox One at no additional charge."

What does this translate to in practice? "Everyone in your home can share digital games with each other. Your Xbox One can become your virtual game library filled with digital games that different people in the home bought. Anyone can pick any digital game on your Xbox One, sign in with their own gamertag and play - even if the owner is not signed in."

Roujin
08-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Better than that, now when you go over to a friend's house, you can redownload not only a game, but all the related DLC content and play it with your friend, without having to worry about it messing up your accessibility to that content at home, unlike how it is on Xbox 360, where that content will require you to be logged into Xbox Live wherever you go from then on until you've reassigned the licenses to your primary console. With Xbox One, your primary console will remain the primary console for all the content you buy, even if you originally bought it on a secondary console or someone else's console. It makes things so much simpler. When you're at home, everyone can access and use your content with no restriction. When you're on a different console, everyone can still access and use your content, as long as you are signed in.

It's much more fair and reasonable for consumers...I think it's great that Microsoft is willing to lose some profit in the name of good will (since we'll no longer need to own more than one Gold account just so our spouse or child can watch Netflix without our account needing to be logged in first).

Vampero
08-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Better than that, now when you go over to a friend's house, you can redownload not only a game, but all the related DLC content and play it with your friend, without having to worry about it messing up your accessibility to that content at home, unlike how it is on Xbox 360, where that content will require you to be logged into Xbox Live wherever you go from then on until you've reassigned the licenses to your primary console. With Xbox One, your primary console will remain the primary console for all the content you buy, even if you originally bought it on a secondary console or someone else's console. It makes things so much simpler. When you're at home, everyone can access and use your content with no restriction. When you're on a different console, everyone can still access and use your content, as long as you are signed in.

It's much more fair and reasonable for consumers...I think it's great that Microsoft is willing to lose some profit in the name of good will (since we'll no longer need to own more than one Gold account just so our spouse or child can watch Netflix without our account needing to be logged in first).

I totally understand your statement ! :hump: Microsoft finely has stop thinking they need to suck every single dollar from Xbox One. Imagine if they thought this way from the start ,where would PS 4 be at now ?

Kamshaft
08-10-2013, 04:58 AM
I have to agree with ya there. They are on the right path.

Vampero
08-10-2013, 08:42 AM
FAQ: Xbox Live Gold Family Pack Conversion to Individual Memberships

What will happen to my current Xbox Live Gold Family Pack?

Starting August 27, 2013, each activated account in your Gold Family Pack will convert to an individual Xbox Live Gold membership. Each of your family’s new individual memberships will have the same amount of time remaining on them as your Gold Family Pack does at the time of conversion. Plus, we’ll add a bonus of 3 months to each account!*

Why is my Xbox Live Gold Family Pack converting?

We continually evaluate our offerings and are always working to provide services that best meet the needs of our customers and Xbox. Any accounts in an Xbox Live Gold Family Pack are being converted to individual Xbox Live Gold memberships to prepare for new and exciting upcoming benefits and features on Xbox Live Gold. Through the new Home Gold feature, a single Xbox Live Gold membership allows anyone in your home to enjoy many Gold features, like multiplayer, access to Gold entertainment apps, and more on your Xbox One.**

Will I lose any features from my Xbox Live Gold Family Pack after the conversion?

The only features that will not be available are activity monitoring reports and Microsoft Points allowances. Activity monitoring reports will deactivate at the time of your conversion, however Microsoft Points allowances will no longer be available after the next Xbox 360 system update. Xbox Live family settings, including parental controls for what your kids can access and play on or offline, will still be available. Make final Microsoft Points allowances here.

How will I know when my account has been converted?

Your account may be converted as early as August 27, 2013. We’ll send you an email to confirm activation of your new individual Xbox Live Gold membership within approximately one week of your account conversion.

If the primary account on my Xbox Live Gold Family Pack transitions to local currency before my Xbox Live Gold Family Pack converts to individual memberships, will the secondary accounts on my membership transition to local currency at that time as well?

After the next Xbox 360 system update, if your Xbox Live Gold Family Pack has not yet been converted to individual memberships, each account on your Xbox Live Gold Family Pack will be separately transitioned from Microsoft Points to local currency depending on the time each account owner chooses to initiate a purchase or redeem a Microsoft Points card or code with their account. At that time, we’ll put into the transitioning account an amount of currency equal to or greater than the Marketplace value of that account’s Microsoft Points, and the Points will be retired. Any accounts on your Gold Family Pack that have not transitioned to local currency at the time your Gold Family Pack converts to individual memberships may be transitioned to local currency at that time. See the Microsoft Points in your account before the transition here.

What if my Gold Family Pack is supposed to auto-renew between now and when my account is converted?

If you’re set to auto-renew before your membership is converted, you’ll still auto-renew into an Xbox Live Gold Family Pack, and your Gold Family Pack accounts will convert to individual Gold memberships at a later date.

Will my auto-renew status carry over into the new membership?

Your auto-renew status will remain the same for your primary account, however if you’d like to continue to auto-renew your secondary accounts into individual Gold memberships after the conversion, you’ll need to add or update the billing information for each of those accounts separately.

Can I still add family members to my Xbox Live Gold Family Pack before my membership converts?

Yes! You can add family members to your Xbox Live Gold Family Pack at any time until your Gold Family Pack is converted, for a total of up to four memberships. When your Gold Family Pack converts, each account on your Gold Family Pack will be converted to an individual Gold membership for the remainder of your membership term AND each account owner will receive a bonus of 3 additional months! Update your secondary accounts here.

After my membership converts, where can I find the new expiration date for my Xbox Live Gold membership?

After your membership converts, you can find your updated expiration date in the My Account section of your Xbox Live account.

*Only 36 months can be maintained in an account at a time.

**Home Gold benefits limited to a single, designated Xbox One console in Gold member’s home; restrictions apply. Some Gold benefits cannot be shared; features and requirements subject to change. See www.xbox.com/live.