PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard about this Moira deal?

JADE8704
03-17-2002, 01:06 PM
Hey everyone,

Has anyone heard about this Moira girl? I went to TXB.com to check out what the buzz is over there and I came accross a thread about a girl(or a game)named Moira. There is even a link to her "web page", and it makes it seem like she is a real person. But if you look at her favorite links, she has xbox.com in it...and also, i don't know if anyone noticed, she's the same girl in the little booklet thing that you get whenever you buy a new xbox game(not the instruction manual!). In there, she is palming a glowing orb, and there are monsters in the background. People have been saying that she is the character in the game The Unseen or something...

This is a really cool way to hype up the game IMO(if it even is a game). You can check out the link here... http://www.moiraworld.com ....If you actually do take the time to go( which most of you probably won't :rolleyes: ) It's really interesting, because she talks about always going to a "dance club" called The Looking Glass. And if you go to her favorite links, you can actually go to the "clubs" webpage. I, along with alot of other people on TXB, actually called the number that they provide on their website. It gives you a answering machine message which makes it sound like a real dance club. But the really weird thing about all this is that, she mentions something in her page that is like May 23rd-May 24th. (and if im correct, i think that's the days of E3!) So I don't know...could this be one of the REALLY big games that MS has underwraps? Oh well, take it how you will..just don't shoot the messanger!

-eddy-

P.S. Do any of you XBA Staff know anything of what I'm talking about???

DIGITAL
03-17-2002, 01:38 PM
good look on the info ,sounds like a hidden game to me.it might just be one of the big games microsoft is gonna annouce!

DIGITAL
03-17-2002, 01:39 PM
but the link wouldnt work

DIGITAL
03-17-2002, 01:42 PM
so here a better link http://www.moiraworld.com/

GRAVEDIGGER
03-17-2002, 02:27 PM
Yo, thanx for the heads up JADE, this seems to be a definate lil upcoming Microsoft Surprise, and as you said it is the girl on the "Mircrosft Games" Manual that you recieve with your XBOX.
If this is indeed going to be a game i hope it turns out great:cool:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

JADE8704
03-17-2002, 02:34 PM
No prob, Gravedigger :)...I found my Microsoft Games Manual thing, and I found that picture of her holding a glowing orb...for those of you who have lost your manual, it says "Want to reveal the future of gaming? Seek The Unseen..Log onto www.xbox.com"...pretty interesting if you ask me :p

DIGITAL
03-17-2002, 02:44 PM
yeah i just found my manuel which says microsoft games an i found her picture holding the orb with a wolf with wings in the background,i guess there gonna make this unseen a mystery.i think its a great way to build hype for a game,does anyone else know more about this game unseen.

JADE8704
03-17-2002, 03:41 PM
bump :D

Hugh_Jass
03-17-2002, 07:00 PM
I dig the whole psuedo-reality thing they've got going here. I hope it's more than marketing and gets incorporated into the game.

maneatingcow
03-17-2002, 07:21 PM
I remembered a movie clip a while back that someone sent me featuring Moira.... but the link no longer works. But I did uncover this:

The domains www.moiraworld.com, www.moiraworld.org, and www.moiraworld.net are registered to:

Me
Moira World
13036 NE 198th Ct
Woodinville, WA 98072
US

JADE8704
03-17-2002, 07:23 PM
yea..it probably will...also, on the Microsoft Games booklet, on the very same page she's in it says "coming to xbox"...i really like the way MS is approaching how to hype up this game...i guess we'll have to wait and see come E3

El Pollo Loco
03-18-2002, 12:28 AM
maybe MS is setting up something for the online launch like majestic?

LynxFX
03-18-2002, 12:49 AM
This reminds me of the subtle marketing campaign for A.I. last year. Hidden messages in the trailers that lead you to web pages that you could only find by searching on google. It was a crazy test in marketing that caught quite a bit of attention in the cyber nerd world. :)

I'm thinking this could be something similar which is always welcome in my book.

DIGITAL
03-18-2002, 01:12 AM
Seeing the Unseen, Sort Of.
If you’ve been trying to track down some logical info on Tremors upcoming XBOX game 'The Unseen' You’re WTF meter has undoubtedly peeked quite a few times. To be sure, this game is one of most closely guarded secrets,. The games star goth chick is named Moira and she appears to be some kind of an artist. The games premise may revolve around her drawing coming to life but don’t quote me on that. How the game world will work may be similar to the Soul Reaver series from Crystal D, in which you shift between to overlapping worlds, but again this game is really well unseeable still.
- I don’t know what to say except well WTF!