PDA

View Full Version : PGR help please

zeek39
03-17-2002, 02:45 PM
Ok I've unlocked skyline GTR and the Corvette and I went back and played arcade mode on easy and I'm trying to beat the Tokyo track for a gold medal with skyline GTR.... I run perfect laps, and I connect like all the gates and I do power slides on every turn but I cannot get above 770 kudos (900) are needed for gold! Please if ya have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Carnage
03-17-2002, 08:37 PM
The skyline is a 4wd is it not? my advice is to wait for one of the faster rwd cars. they slide a hell of a lot easier

GReeves
03-18-2002, 05:02 PM
I agree with Carnage as far as the RWD car goes. I used the F355 Spider to score 1038 points on that race. Also, just past the start/finish line, you have an option of right or left lane - choose the right lane, there is a speed gate at the end of that one, for a few more points.

zeek39
03-18-2002, 05:18 PM
ahh great thnx guys!! this game is so addictive :)

samslophead
03-19-2002, 01:00 AM
Those guys are right...go with the RWD cars that handle kind of poorly; they slide so much easier. I used the Lotus Exige for a lot of my early Arcade Races, since you can get it easier than the Ferrarri 355...it works well. I was able to get gold on EASY, NORMAL, and 3 of the HARD tracks with the Lotus. It also helps if you fish tail the car back and forth across the track for Kudos slide points...just make sure not to run out of time. Oh, you're right too......the game is SUPER ADDICTING...I love it.

leecow
03-19-2002, 02:27 PM
RWD cars are definitely the kudos machines. They are also the overall fastest cars in the game though more difficult to drive than the 4WD models.

Skidmark
03-19-2002, 03:50 PM
I found that it is good to try to get thought the Arcade Races as fast as you can and with keep the kudos "combos" going for as long as you can. The faster you get thought the race, say if you end with like 60 secs left, it gives you a huge time bonus. And use some RWD car if you can for the speed and for the slide'n power. I did well with the F50....:cool: