PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Beach Ear Force XO FOUR/SEVEN Headset vs. Polk 4-Shot Gaming Headset?

Guilty Ghost
12-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Just wondering which one would be generally better...
Although, I'm also wondering whether or not the XO FOUR/SEVEN has a mic that can be hidden like the 4-Shot. Also, can both these mics be used for other means like listening to music on a laptop or music player?

Symmetric-XBA
12-30-2013, 05:35 AM
From an audio standpoint I'm very interested to hear the new Polk headsets. I expect some great things from them but in terms of using the headset for something other than gaming idk if that would be possible. Either the adaptor for the xb1 controller will be able to be removed and you can use them in other areas or it will remain attached and thus limit the headset to be used only on the xb1.

Variation-XBA
12-30-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm looking forward to Feb/March when the headsets start coming out so I can get one. I too am interested in the Polk one

Symmetric-XBA
12-30-2013, 07:01 PM
From the research I've done, both models will support 3.5mm input for other devices. The turtle beach ones have stated memory foam as opposed to Polk audio's "pleather" for their ear cups. I like the retractable mic on the Polk headset as opposed to having to switch out lines w the turtle beach. Astro has remained quiet when it comes to the xb1, but after what I've read, the smart choice would be to go w Polk.

Guilty Ghost
12-30-2013, 09:10 PM
From the research I've done, both models will support 3.5mm input for other devices. The turtle beach ones have stated memory foam as opposed to Polk audio's "pleather" for their ear cups. I like the retractable mic on the Polk headset as opposed to having to switch out lines w the turtle beach. Astro has remained quiet when it comes to the xb1, but after what I've read, the smart choice would be to go w Polk.

say...what is "pleather" exactly? During last gen, I used the Halo 4 limited edition Tritons and I didn't particularly like the leather cups on that one so would Polk's "pleather" be akin to that as well?

Symmetric-XBA
12-31-2013, 02:58 AM
I'm not sure what Polk means by pleather lol. The drivers for the Polk are 40mm and the turtle beach is 50mm, however I do think that you have to have the boom mic attached for xb1, Skype on xb1, etc. the media cable (which is used for mobile but more streamlined) can't be used for xb1. I'm waiting for the final specs from both b4 I purchase but as of now my $ is on Polk