PDA

View Full Version : Controller Disconnected-While playing

Enamelized420
03-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Has anyone else here on the site experienced this issue yet? I've had it happen a few times while playing online and right at a crucial point in a match the popup comes on screen that my controller was disconnected, it's still lit up but unresponsive. :eek: I pop the battery cover and pull one of the batteries and put it back in and replace the cover and hit the Xbox button and the controller then comes back on and works. I know of a couple friends that have had the same issue. In browsing the web for some answers I found this from Microsoft's website: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects

granted the article can be useful I found it very annoying that it lists things that could cause this issue to happen:
Microwave ovens
Cordless phones
Wireless routers
Metal dividers
Shelving units
Doors on an entertainment center cabinet
The ONLY thing on this list remotely close to my X-One is my wireless router and can't move it anywhere else because that's where the connection comes into my house and where my TV and all is. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? I've read many are having the same thing happen and not able to narrow it down to a controller issue or a console issue. :mad:

Kamshaft
03-19-2014, 04:14 PM
Has anyone else here on the site experienced this issue yet? I've had it happen a few times while playing online and right at a crucial point in a match the popup comes on screen that my controller was disconnected, it's still lit up but unresponsive. :eek: I pop the battery cover and pull one of the batteries and put it back in and replace the cover and hit the Xbox button and the controller then comes back on and works. I know of a couple friends that have had the same issue. In browsing the web for some answers I found this from Microsoft's website: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects

granted the article can be useful I found it very annoying that it lists things that could cause this issue to happen:
Microwave ovens
Cordless phones
Wireless routers
Metal dividers
Shelving units
Doors on an entertainment center cabinet
The ONLY thing on this list remotely close to my X-One is my wireless router and can't move it anywhere else because that's where the connection comes into my house and where my TV and all is. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? I've read many are having the same thing happen and not able to narrow it down to a controller issue or a console issue. :mad:

I've have this happen a couple of times, like 2. Did you update your controller?

Enamelized420
03-20-2014, 08:07 AM
yep yep, I sure did because I've got the turtle beach XO Four so had to update my controller. In searching the web this is wide spread for sure it seems.

Variation-XBA
03-21-2014, 03:05 AM
I have a two friends this happens to, but I've never had it myself

Hawaiian c
03-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Yah the dev are mess around the new mic adopter..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Symmetric-XBA
03-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Never experienced this. Have my Limefuel USB plug though next to where I play and have my controller cord plugged into it so I don't have anything coming from the console (unless it's to update controllers, etc) and after each session I just plug in and I'm good to go.

Kamshaft
04-18-2014, 12:32 PM
It may seem that there are various controller revision updates. Try updating it again. Seems that they don't have a way to check, or do this automatically at this time. I'm sure it's in due time.