PDA

View Full Version : Just finished Halo! (UK)

Halo of Flies
03-17-2002, 08:04 PM
Phew, I've just finished Halo (I'm from the UK) and I'm shaking from the experience - what a frantic ending!! This game is now my favourite game of all-time, it's just sooo perfect in every way.

One question... I completed it on 'normal' and want to play through again on a harder difficulty. Now, do I create a new profile and use that or do I just select the first mission from my current profile and choose a harder difficulty? Will it make any difference?

JADE8704
03-17-2002, 08:07 PM
you can go ahead and start on the same file as you completed the game with...it doesn't make any difference, unless you want to take up more xbox HD space by making another profile :D

MixMasta
03-17-2002, 08:09 PM
it doesnt matter whether you make a new profile or not. I used the same profile to beat it on heroric, normal, and legendary and i thought it was neat having all three emblems under the each level that show i beat it with all three.

Halo of Flies
03-17-2002, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the info guys! It's nearly half two in the morning but I'm gonna have another blast on it...

LINKINPARK8591
03-17-2002, 09:10 PM
yeah halo is hella cool i passed it and i'm tryin it on a harer level now but with a different profile i don't know why though but oh well
:cool: ;)

Muabdi'b
03-17-2002, 11:04 PM
This game is great. Whats even better is after you finish the game on Legendary, play it on normal and you feel like a god. You just crush everything.

JJaX
03-18-2002, 11:10 AM
After you beat it on normal. Try legendary for the real deal. Legendary you'll be shaking in your boots. I think halo on legendary is one of the greatest FPS experiences and should not be missed.

Use the same profiel so you can rack up emblems.

Derek_00
03-18-2002, 03:22 PM
im currently on Legendary and its sooooo hard the jump between heroic and legendary is insane. The elites are much more difficult and every bad guy except the jackals are constantly throwing grenades at me. While i've been playing i've discovered that grenades have proven to be much more useful than i had thought them to be when i started. Aww all this talk about HALO makes me want to go play

Im out of here

JJaX
03-18-2002, 03:24 PM
Also covenant weapons are far more effective than human weapons. Learn to use them wisely.

Derek_00
03-18-2002, 03:31 PM
i've noticed that too. I've been trying to keep myself equiped with a plasma rifle all the time or a needler i think thats my favorite gun for screwing around i like to unload a whole round on an unsuspecting elite

Plewis
03-18-2002, 03:46 PM
to be honest I was too scared to try legendary. Well my friend and I did the maw on legendary, and *SPOILER* we could not drive the hog out in 5 fricken minutes. That is impossible... well I have to try it with my other friend. He said he beat it on easy, and got out with over a minute to spare:cool: , but I am playing through the game on heroic now, and it is pretty hard. The 3rd level I forget the name is sooo much fun to snipe out all those covenant guys. On easy you can just run in there, and wipe em out with a assault rifle, but on heroic, it's fun to watch the elites walkin around, and poppin em in the head. When the jackles see you they point ya out to all the covenant... I was like crap, and got a couple quick shots out at em. It is so much more fun the second time around.

Muabdi'b
03-18-2002, 05:49 PM
Hey Derek, you are right about the grenades. They are the most important weapon in Legendary mode. Shotgun is my favorite weapon but unfortunately, you have to wait a few levels to get it. The Needler is a great weapon for fire and run for cover. Using a whole clip is great, especially if there is a grenade chain reaction, destroys everything.

I use the laser gun on those jackels. I power it up and release the charge. It disables their shields and stuns them and then they are unprotected. Easy kill. Thats when I bum rush those fools and whack them with a rilfe butt.

Calve
03-18-2002, 06:02 PM
Man halo is the best!!! im currently on heroic..... Got any tips for me?

NemesisX
03-18-2002, 06:53 PM
Here's some tips:

Easy,but time consuming way to take hunters: Stand in front of hunter, and wait for it to do a running charge at it, then right before it hits, run around him and smack im in the head and wait for him to turn around, then repeat.

Jackals (Conveant wielding shields):
Hid behind objects and while they are ducking behind there shield shoot where the hole is where there hand is. Usally they will move their arm and bam free shots.

Weapon Hints:

Pistol: Dont go up close, instead go back in a sniping distance and shoot in the HEAD cause alot of damage if not dead.

Machine Gun: Hold fire trigger for 2 seconds, release, fire, relase,fire. For some reason this causes more damage than just shooting.

Warthog: Run over, or run past them and jump out real fast, climb back with that auto-machine stationary gun and fire.

Grenade(Humans): My favorite, throw and release. Use these when far away from enemies, cause this will bounce.

Grenade(Convenant): Throw between the legs and chest for one-hit kill.

Get used to grenades you need them in the game!

General Rules:

Play the game through Easy, then Normal, (In order) remember where midkits were, secret reload stations. This will help you alot in legendary.

Multiplayer Rules I play by:

No shields, (headshot= death)
Generic Weapons: Start with Handgun, and Auto Rifle.
Slayer Rules, 50 kills
Favorite Map: Hang Em High
I use handgun most of the game and win, by aleast 20 points.