PDA

View Full Version : I bought an xbox!

DenniZz81
03-18-2002, 01:48 AM
I have played it for 2 days now.. i bought Halo,Doa3,dvd kit, 1 extra controller and the advanced scart cable.
Doa3 is ok but i havent been able to play it so much beacause i really like playing Halo. Its a very cool game! I played it over gamespy and that was extremely fun, to drive the warthog is so cool! About doa3 being a button masher is somewhat true but that only beacause i havent learned the controllers yet! I will read the manual when i have time... I like the quality of the dvd player but i dont have so much experience of other dvdplayers so i cannot give a good comparison between them... My first impression about Halo was like whats so special about this that i havent played before but you could really see that it had cool graphics when you crashed on Halo and the A.I is really cool. Its quite addictive to play it and the hours rushed away pretty fast. I only wish some of my neighbours would get an xbox so i could drag some ethernet cables from my hub to their boxes! =)
that would be so much fun! I guess i just have to move some other place =) The controls are a little hard to get used to at the beginning but after you have completed the pillar of autumn at least i got the hang of it. Im in school right now.. my brother is home playing it all day! But i know i will still be able to beat him since i have played it 1 day more than he has =) I also thought the harddrive would give away more sound but it was actually silent... it didnt even sound loud enough to be disturbing when data was cashed to it... I wonder what game i should buy next?
Im not really into Rally games... im more of a adventure gamer, what are the games to come to Europe anyway?? anybody knows? I also have one last question. And i want only serious answers pls. Can i put an xbox game into my dvdrom on my computer? Anyway.... i will be playing Halo for awhile now.. Have fun! cya

thunderkiss2k1
03-18-2002, 02:00 AM
Glad to hear you like your xbox , Denniz. I agree, Halo is a very good game. As to your question: No, the xbox game disc will not play in your pc dvd rom. However , If you can find someone with the premier issue of the Official Xbox Magazine, it has a dvd rom that can be played on your pc dvd rom. Keep playing. :)

DenniZz81
03-18-2002, 02:49 AM
what i meant was that if i could see the files that is on the xbox dvd. im not into piracy really, i just wanted to try it maybe download an emulator just for fun i dont see why not since i actually have bought the games.... What i was wondering about was if it would damage the disc or something like that?
:D

thunderkiss2k1
03-18-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by DenniZz81
what i meant was that if i could see the files that is on the xbox dvd. im not into piracy really, i just wanted to try it maybe download an emulator just for fun i dont see why not since i actually have bought the games.... What i was wondering about was if it would damage the disc or something like that?
:D

I just meant because it was a game disk that I didn't think you could view it on your pc dvdrom drive. You may however be able to view the files by clicking on properties.

NemesisX
03-18-2002, 09:24 PM
Hey Denni I would watch out about that emulator stuff. I think no madder what they can still charge you with it, and that cost craploads. Great that you bought the Xbox. You should pick up some of these titles:(I dont know if they are out where you live now)
1)JSRF (Van says Try it,before Buy it)
2)PGR
3)RaliSport
4)Circus Maximus
5)New Legends

By the way, I have a helpful hint guide for Halo, in a post by Jackel I think the title is "Should I buy a Xbox" I think thats it

NomadLLama
03-18-2002, 09:54 PM
hey, glad ya like the xbox. hey, but about the emulator thing, i don't think that u really can get one. for the first part, Doa3 on the keyboard will be really hard, and also the DVD's for the xbox are a bit different. first off, the halo disc has about 13 GB of data. but don't worry if anyone will charge u will haveing the emulator. if u have the real system, then they can't get u. as for games:

1. JSRF
2. Genma Onimusha
3. (If ur in the U.S) Gunvalkyrie.... coming out
4. Blood Omen (same as 3 and if ur allowed to play games that bloody.)

i know that 3+4 aren't out in any country, but just give themd a try, if not, rent them. ive so far read only good reviews about those games.

oh and the emulator, xbox reads the discs from out to inside, while regualar DVD read opposite, so that may be a problem...

Kilik
03-19-2002, 09:31 AM
You might want to give munches Oddysee a try it's fun & funny.