PDA

View Full Version : nWo in Gamecube WM game.

Dave
03-18-2002, 02:01 AM
Gamecubes WM game is just a few months from being launched, but the nWo will be added to the roster as playable characters. I was bummed to see THQ left a year old roster on my RAW game, and reading this news did not make me feel any better.

I think RAW was delayed because THQ was to busy working on WM for Gamecube and now that RAW is out of their way, they can now make the greatest wrestling game of all times even better. RAW gonna get stomped bad here soon.

Kleen
03-20-2002, 02:49 PM
THQ doesn't code the games, they just help design them, and have the final say. Anchor wrote the program (RAW). RAW was supposed to be a launch title, and that's why it has pretty much the same roster as SD:JBI. They (Anchor) were having enough trouble getting the game to run & play decently, they didn't have anytime to update the rosters as well. No company would delay a wrestling game just to update the rosters. This is a business and the bottom-line is showing a profit each quarter.

davidx
03-23-2002, 03:57 AM
Dave,

I hear ya brotha! After checking out GameCube's WWF X18, I'm sure RAW is gonna get killed.

Is it just me, or does X18 look like the N64-type wrestlin' game?God I miss 'dem...

Two questions:
- is there blood?
- can you go backstage?

thanks in advance,

davidX

GRAVEDIGGER
03-27-2002, 11:30 PM
Yea yo...the game is a lot like the good ol' WWF NO MERCY for the ol' 64, and according to WWFWG.com...the Gamplay is very similar but not the same..so we can expect a mix of the old with a lot of the new, and that spells tytework:cool:

I say "GIVE US A PORT OF WMX8 untill we get WWF RAW 2"

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Dave
03-28-2002, 12:41 AM
I hear you guys. Wrestlemania might cost me a lot of money here soon. I am not going to be stupid and buy Gamecube or WM until after I hear Mania destroys RAW, and Xbox will have the inferior wrestling game series, but I gotta feeling that is how it will go down.

I dunno if I want Mania to suck so I can save a ton of money, or if I want to be awsome so I can finally play the wrestling game I have always wanted? Either way I expected RAW to be it, and it was not, and after seeing the 1000 flaws RAW had in it after all the time the developers had, it's hard to have much faith in Xbox's wrestling games series. Even if they fix half of what's f*cked up in RAW in RAW 2 it's still and un-finished game with little replay value, as opposed to then old Wrestlemania's endless replay value.

I gotta feeling soon after WM for Cube is released, I'll own 1, and I guess after a while not buying some of Xbox'x titles and wrestling games will make up for the cube purchase. No way would I buy RAW 2 if I owned mania and RAw 2 was anything like RAW 1. That would save me 50 bucks right there.

Kleen
03-28-2002, 09:08 AM
RAW isn't THAT bad. Isn't bad when compared to the totally unrealistic expectations people had for it. People say, "it was delayed 3 months" and "they had so much time!" I wonder if these same people have ever written a fairly complex program, much less any kind of game program? It takes years to develop a game. There are a myriad of possibilities t consider for wrestling games.

Even SmackDown (which I think sucks), took several iterations to reach the feature level it's at now. And SmackDown was based on an established engine from Japan. Everything in RAW is completely new. EVERYTHING. We probably won't see all the feature we want in RAW 2, either. There's just too much stuff that could be done. And if you read Gamespot's preview of X8, you'll see that it doesn't implement that meany either. It's a mix consisting mainly of SmackDown elements with No Mercy and RAW thrown in.

I have no intention of buying a 3rd next gen (this gen?) system just for one game. Even though it wouldn't put a scratch in my wallet, it just doesn't make sense, IMO (and I'm a big fan wrestling, especially wrestling games). Part of me wants X8 to be great, and part of me wants it to suck so all these people will shut up already. There's just too much speculation and expectation. I can't want for it to actually be released so that all these claims are actually based on something. If X8 is halfway decent, there's no doubt that fans will claim it's the second coming of Christ.

I'm going to wait for RAW 2, myself. When it comes out, it comes out, no big deal. I figure within a year. Anhcor is a small but great team, and I'm sure that they'll fix the bugs (AI and otherwise). As for features, most of the stuff was in place in the first game, now you just they just need a few damn climbing animations! Toss in more user control (remap any function, better CAW, rip music) and a CPU that's not guided by Miss Cleo, and I'll be happy. Oh, and fix Triple H's whole head! Well, until 6/11/02... :)

davidx
03-28-2002, 05:07 PM
Kleen: interesting point of view, and I do agree. RAW isn't extremely crappy (but it still sucks).

But is WX18 worth getting a LameCube for?

Argh!...I think so. Even owning a stellar collection of Xbox games, having ONE kick ass wrestling game with tons of replay value (like No mercy) is sooh worth it.

I swore to myself that after RAW came out, I wouldn't ever EVER play N64 No Mercy again. Guess what, I'm still palyin (and made a perfect Hogan).

THQ ought to check out these forums and realize that they're sending Xbox users searching for alternate consoles...not good.

dfxs (just a newbie who loves his wrestlin' games)
:cool:

GRAVEDIGGER
04-02-2002, 12:24 AM
Well i feel ya newbie...I too have said that i would not grace No Mercy again, but 2 days ago i found myself playing a tyte 4-way 30 man Royal Rumble with my homeboys:confused:
And leaving Raw to its own devices..but then we cut back on the XBOX and hit up Halo, with an 8 man Deathmatch using the XBOX Link Cable!!

But anyways back to what i was saying..Raw now disgusts me to drowning depts...the next attempt better produce!

Like i said before, untill we get the second installment of WWF Raw, "Give us a port of WM: X8"

Untill next time...:mad:

Kleen
04-02-2002, 09:09 AM
G. Digger, I understand wanting every wrestling game for your system. I have PS2 and XBOX, and I would be more than happy if all the best games came to XBOX from now on.

However, THQ probably won't port X8 to XBOX. That's because if they start after the GCN version is done, and say it takes them 4-5 months to port it over, then RAW 2 will be right on it's heels.

I'm sure we'll get a good look at all the wrestling games (X8, RAW2, SD!4) at E3.

Oh yeah, did anyone else read that Anchor not Yukes is doing SD!4 over at wwfwrestlinggames.com?

GRAVEDIGGER
04-02-2002, 04:15 PM
Yea, you have a point Kleen.

And yea i heard about ANCHOR doing SD!4 instead of Yukes, and IMO that cant be a bad thing...as long as they dont pull something stupid with this soon to be 4-year license!

Untill next time...:mad: