PDA

View Full Version : Should i buy an X-Box?

Jackel
03-18-2002, 03:46 AM
Hi, i have been debating inside my head about which console to buy, between X-Box and GameCube
I like the X-Box because of its mature titles(Halo), but i do like Gamecubes slightly kiddy games(Mario Sunshine) also.
Its my birthday in 5 days, so i need to know buy then.I ask you to try help me decide, as i cant do it myself.Every 30 seconds i change my mind.IT DRIVES ME MAD!!!!
Please dont be biased an try to give valid points on which console to buy
Thanks for your help :)

E-Vader
03-18-2002, 05:07 AM
What it all comes down to is "What do I want"

We could all list 100's of reasons on why one console is better that another, but when it comes down to it its what you want.

Get both if you can afford it.

(wisper xbox)lol

DIGITAL
03-18-2002, 06:26 AM
buy an xbox

Halo of Flies
03-18-2002, 06:34 AM
Considering that the XBox is almost twice the price of a GC then it would be the sensible choice - it would be easier for you to save for a GC in the future if you wanted one.

Trent Reznor says you must get XBox! ;)

Nato King
03-18-2002, 06:50 AM
If I was you and I saw that everybody else has a Xbox and I don't I will get a Xbox. The GC only has about 20 or so game for it and the Xbox has up to 30 or more. But like everybody has been saying it's all down to you and what you like we can't hold a gun to your head and make you buy an Xbox all we can do is tell you about it and see if you make the right decision. Go with the Xbox man.:)

Jackel
03-18-2002, 06:50 AM
Well im going to try an X-Boxtoday,so ill make my mind up then....
Ill post my opinions on it later:)

Nato King
03-18-2002, 06:59 AM
That's what I want to hear try it out. You will see the power of the xbox as soon as you turn it on.

I will be around to hear your opinions.
Have fun playing :) :) :)

Jackel
03-18-2002, 10:15 AM
HOLY ****!!!!!
THE X-BOX RULES!!!!
I played Halo for about 15 min and WOW!!!!The Graphics are amazing!!!The controls are a bit awkward at first,but the more you use them, the easier it gets.Its so playable, i was hooked the second the controller was in my hand.
I LOVE X-BOX!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

JJaX
03-18-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Jackel
HOLY ****!!!!!
THE X-BOX RULES!!!!
I played Halo for about 15 min and WOW!!!!The Graphics are amazing!!!The controls are a bit awkward at first,but the more you use them, the easier it gets.Its so playable, i was hooked the second the controller was in my hand.

Its only gonna get better ;)

XBOX Dude
03-18-2002, 10:50 AM
before

Well im going to try an X-Boxtoday,so ill make my mind up then....
and after
HOLY ****!!!!! the xbox rules!!

thats golden:cool:

Nato King
03-18-2002, 11:29 AM
HOLY ****!!!!!
THE X-BOX RULES!!!!

What did I telll you the xbox is the best and always will be the best.:) :)

Exatox
03-18-2002, 11:45 AM
Another follower. Excellent. You have made a wise decision. Yes, HALO is the best game in existence.

Batman2372
03-18-2002, 12:16 PM
It's always nice to see another turned to the power of Xbox....

Does that mean we're becoming the Borg?

Plewis
03-18-2002, 12:24 PM
have you tried out the gamecube? Oh... I don't care I like the xbox better, and you look like you are making the right choice. But if you wanted unbiased opinions you should have posted this in the xbox vs gamecube debate area;)

Jackel
03-18-2002, 01:09 PM
Id have liked to but I havnt tried the Gamecube because it isnt out over here until May3rd.If More of the X-Box games are like Halo, then it should be the Best Console Ever

Jackel
03-18-2002, 03:44 PM
Hi, i posted a goodbye in the GameCube forum i was in, saying that i was buying a X-Box, and leaving that forum.Read the link to see the amount of biased **** i recieved. http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/cubeeurope/index.cgi?board=war&action=display&num=1016481525 Unbelivable

l Maximus l
03-18-2002, 04:11 PM
Hi, i posted a goodbye in the GameCube forum i was in, saying that i was buying a X-Box, and leaving that forum.Read the link to see the amount of biased **** i recieved. http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/cubeeurope/index.cgi?board=war&action=display&num=1016481525 Unbelivable

Wow, dude! Those guys weren't friends at all in the first place! :confused:

Well, I know for a fact that you won't regret having an XBox. Feel welcome to the XBoxaddict family! One thing you won't find on the XBox is something similar to this:

Halo Brothers
Super Halo Brothers
Super Halo Brothers 64
Super Smash Halo Melee
HaloKart
Halo Golf
Paper Halo
Halo's Mansion
Halo Sunshine
Super Halo World

hehe...welcome to the light my friend! :D

Plewis
03-18-2002, 04:21 PM
That is hilarious. It's funny to see that there seem to be more gamecube fanboys out there than xbox. At least we didn't make fun of the gamecube to no end, and claim that the N64 was a great console when it really sucked:D

Afro Aura
03-18-2002, 04:33 PM
WHOOOH it's a good thing you left mate as it looks to me that there were kids over there

And welcome to the XBOX family, I'm sure you'll like your stay here

See ya :D :D

Calve
03-18-2002, 04:40 PM
Jackel, Xbox is the best and will be for the next few years... Take it from me! I was in the same situation you were in before christmas but i was considering all 3 systems.. I chose Xbox and I havent looked back... Im addicted!!! Take it from someone who has played the 3 systems for hours.......Xbox Rules!!!!!:)

Batman2372
03-18-2002, 04:42 PM
After reading their posts in the Gamecube sight, they keep saying, "yeah, the graphics are better, but the Gameplay sucks."

Excuse me, but I think I can say that Halo has been one of the most fun games I've ever played console-wise, one-upping Goldeneye. And there are plenty of games out there that are for both Xbox and Gamecube. Is for some reason the Xbox games lesser than the Gamecube equivalent.

Let it ride, dude. It really doesn't matter what any of us think. It all comes down to what YOU think is fun.

Calve
03-18-2002, 04:47 PM
Welcome To The World Of Xbox, Jackel....Be Prepared To Be An Addict....Symptoms may include sweaty palms, increased heart rate, and sick eyes (FROM ALL THE CANDY XBOX'S GRAPHICS HAVE TO OFFER!!!!!!):eek:

DBXNY
03-18-2002, 05:35 PM
Hey, but you also posted today on that link saying you changed your mind and "came to [your] senses". What gives? You gettin the X-box or not?

Btw, for the record, they were wrong about Oddworld. It isn't a kiddy game at all. There aren't many kids in the world that than handle all of the sophistication put into that game. If you are gettin the X-box, I highly recommend you pick it up if you like RPG games.

DB:)

sikfok
03-18-2002, 06:01 PM
err of course I'll shout Xbox from the bottom of my heart and soul, but it's xboxaddict.com here. What did you expect ? :D

Crazy Joe
03-18-2002, 08:28 PM
Look guys, im sorry
I finally came to my senses, i couldnt live without titles like Metroid Prime, Rouge Leader,e.t.c
I think im just getting a bit impatient, seeing as the X-Box is available now and the GC not for another 40 odd days.
Wow that was scary.
I retract most of what i said.

ya, what happened? did you get an XBOX or what's the deal?

Kortiz
03-18-2002, 08:38 PM
Halo is well worth the money if that is all you ever get.

Rallisport Challenge is also very uber. Get that when you can, im guessing you are in UK, correct?

PGR is good too

are yall into the sports games over there? if so get NFL2k2 and NHL 2002

what else.........ahh yes, get Max Payne too

and........Amped is ubah too

you will need to get Morrowind when it comes out and Brute Force and Project Ego too and Unreal Championship and Soul Calibur2 and Shenmue2 and GTA3 and every other game that i havent said.....dont rely on reviews all the time as many sites are biased, just rent a game if you are slightly interested, ok ok ok im getting off track now, if you are getting an Xbox, you wont be dissapointed my friend.

Highlite23
03-18-2002, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Look guys, im sorry
I finally came to my senses, i couldnt live without titles like Metroid Prime, Rouge Leader,e.t.c
I think im just getting a bit impatient, seeing as the X-Box is available now and the GC not for another 40 odd days.
Wow that was scary.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Gortholomew

ya, what happened? did you get an XBOX or what's the deal?

I saw this to Gortholomew
I think you need to make up your own mind, and stop listening topeople in forums, us included. If you buy an xbox, by all means you'll be welcomed and you'll enjoy your stay. If not, no biggie, i'm sure you'll enjoy your GC.

For the love of god, it's a game, just get what YOU want Jak.

Crazy Joe
03-19-2002, 03:53 AM
i wonder if this guy is ever gonna come back, or if he's gone to the GC for good?

ah well, i wish you luck, young padawan, whatever side you choose to follow
:)

-WorldSpawn-
03-19-2002, 07:43 AM
Online play .... 'nuff said!

Jackel
03-19-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by DBXNY
Hey, but you also posted today on that link saying you changed your mind and "came to [your] senses". What gives? You gettin the X-box or not?

Btw, for the record, they were wrong about Oddworld. It isn't a kiddy game at all. There aren't many kids in the world that than handle all of the sophistication put into that game. If you are gettin the X-box, I highly recommend you pick it up if you like RPG games.

DB:) Yeah, that may have mislead some of you, i was just trying to cool them down.You know those GC fanboys....Yes im still getting an X-Box on Saturday, and have decided to leave them with the thought that they helped me make the "right" decision.No point in bickering with them if it can be avoided :)

Jackel
03-19-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by highlite23
Quote:
Look guys, im sorry
Wow that was scary.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw this to Gortholomew
I think you need to make up your own mind, and stop listening topeople in forums, us included. If you buy an xbox, by all means you'll be welcomed and you'll enjoy your stay. If not, no biggie, i'm sure you'll enjoy your GC.

For the love of god, it's a game, just get what YOU want Jak. That has to be one of the most mature things ive seen posted in a while.Finally someone who doesnt bicker at me when i say im getting X-Box.Not that the rest of you do, but god ****** im most likly younger than most of the ppl in that GC forum but it seems to me i act more maturly.They seem to be enforcing the "kiddie" stereotype that has plauged the GameCube

XBOX Dude
03-19-2002, 10:51 AM
them fools is crazy at that gc site so much hate, you'll like it better hear jackal as i'm sure you already do cause here it's all about xbox love:)

Jackel
03-19-2002, 11:01 AM
In fact, if you go to link now, you can see i decided to let it all out.

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 11:19 AM
In fact, if you go to link now, you can see i decided to let it all out.

There are many people on here that also own or will own Gamecubes, primarily because of their interest in the Resident Evil series, Metroid Prime, and any other killer GameCube titles coming out.

As for me, I only bought the XBox. I decided on one system and chose it over the PS2 and GameCube. I actually grew tired of buying every console known to man...I had both Nintendo consoles and Sega consoles as time went along...though, I never bought into Sony, however, I have played the PS1 and PS2 several several times.

I waited for the XBox for over 2 years to come out. I did a ton of research before I decided on which console to buy next. My personal conclusions pointed to the XBox. The features that impressed me the most were:

1. Hard-drive - standard - making game saves without the assistance of a memory card.
2. Hard-drive - for ripping your own music to listen to while playing specified games.
3. System Link capability - standard - As I have progressed in life, I have grown away from split screen gaming, so, this option is great!! More and more games on the XBox will utilize the System Link capability for maximum LAN play.
4. Broadband enabled - standard - On-line gaming is gaming of the fugure. Broadband is the solution!
5. Four controller ports - It never made sense to me why people would buy a PS2 multi-tap and not recognize that Sony is milking consumers' wallets with this ridiculous add-on.
6. Processing power - the XBox has a 733 mg processor! Wow! That's three times of the PS2.
7. Exclusive games - of course all systems have exclusive games, however, Microsoft takes that to a whole new level by taking existing hits from other consoles and adding "XBox extras", therefore, adding more playable characters, weapons, levels, and any other applicable "Xtra" :)
8. DVD capability - I don't own a DVD player yet, however, it was great for me that the XBox played DVD movies. The GameCube doesn't.
9. Another important reason why I decided on the XBox is because it's Microsoft. One thing is for sure, if Microsoft goes into something, they mean it and won't get into something they are not ready for. We have only seen the beginning so far. The best of the XBox is yet to be seen.

I just thought I would share that with you :)

Jackel
03-19-2002, 12:10 PM
Thanks for your opinion,but as you will see in the GC forum, i still am not sure, and do not want to buy the wrong console for me.
Ihave decided to sleep on it,and i will post my final desicion on this forum and the GC one in a day or two.Bear with me until then

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 12:15 PM
Thanks for your opinion,but as you will see in the GC forum, i still am not sure, and do not want to buy the wrong console for me.
Ihave decided to sleep on it,and i will post my final desicion on this forum and the GC one in a day or two.Bear with me until then

Jackel...cool! If you can, I recommend buying both! But, you'll know what is the best decision for you...that's the key.

I would like to mention, however, one of the qualms I have with Nintendo that motivated me to do the switch. But, do you realize how many Mario & Luigi games there are? I mean, don't you think they could have easily made a new game with new characters and so on? Like I stated earlier, you won't find anything on the XBox that remotely alludes to:

Halo Brothers
Super Halo Brothers
Super Halo Brothers 64
Super Smash Halo Melee
Halo World
Super Halo World
Paper Halo
HaloKart
Halo Golf
Halo Tennis
Halo's Mansion

I think you get the picture :D

Jackel
03-19-2002, 01:41 PM
Alright, i have decided, the console wish to buy is................................................................
..............................................GameCube!
Its games suit my preference more than the X-Box ones, as i am not a big fan of Driving and Sports games.Dont get me wrong i really like X-Box too,and maybe i will buy one later, but for now, it GameCube.

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 01:43 PM
Well, Jackel...it's all good :) I wish you the best!

Jackel
03-19-2002, 01:44 PM
Thanks Maximus:) :)