PDA

View Full Version : Whats Amped really like?

Malachi
03-18-2002, 05:42 AM
Can someone give me an honest opinion? Is it worth a purchase or not?

Also, does anyone know when the next issue of the aussie Official Xbox Mag will be out? I want the demo cd!!

Hugh_Jass
03-18-2002, 08:00 AM
Amped is very impressive and well worth a purchase.

El Pollo Loco
03-18-2002, 08:22 AM
Amped is the best snowboarding game ever.

stilly
03-18-2002, 08:33 AM
yeah i've heard amped is good, but ya can't race anyone, the only other good snowboarding game i've played was 1080 on the n64, which i rate highly, what's it liked compared to that, is ssxtricky the one two get, or amped, i've read reveiws on amazon for both these titles, and it's a hard two choose between them, ssxtricky you can race others, where as amped is more for purists, my minds not made up. will i get board of doing tricks and gag for a race, or will i get bored of the uber tricks that you pull off in ssxtricky, and it's kiddie look, and long for porper powder mayhem. who knows, cos i don't.

Dre
03-18-2002, 08:54 AM
Personally, I didn't like Amped at all. You can only pull off a couple of different air-moves and it doesn't seem fast enough. Thats my opinion.. however, there's a place that you can enter cheat codes.. then I thought the game got interesting.. I was using a huge canyon as a half-pipe and stuff like that. Seriously, just rent both games one night and see which one you like more.

Lates,
Dre

Snoopy7548
03-18-2002, 09:20 AM
amped will keep you playing for a long time, its hard, but really fun, and it has awesome graphics, but u may want to wait for transworld snowboarding, it looks awesome

Slamming J
03-18-2002, 09:45 AM
I bought Amped the day it released, and I sold it to a friend a week or so later. I love the graphics and soundtrack feature (you'll get to hear full songs most of the time, unlike tony hawk where it's only two minute clips)....but the controls didn't work good for me, I just didn't like them. So, in my personal opinion, I would wait for Transworld Snowboarding. :D

LynxFX
03-18-2002, 12:06 PM
I got Amped when I got my Xbox back in Nov. I don't even like snowboarding games but I've logged many hours playing this game. It is very long if you are going to try and complete everything to become #1 in the world.

As for the guy saying there aren't enough in air moves, that is because he didn't learn any. You unlock new moves by beating the pros. Once you do they 'teach' you a new one that you can now do.

I do like using the jump cheat alot and then go down Albitan 2 and just do some killer jumps. It is a very well rounded game IMHO. The controls do take getting used to but no more than 10 minutes of actually playing the game.

A must buy.

Plewis
03-18-2002, 12:14 PM
i didn't like it that well. I just didn't want to log a bunch of hours into the game to do some good moves. I was kinda hoping the game would be a good game for bored days. But you really have to work a lot and play a long time to get good. I haven't checked out the cheats yet, so that might bring the game back alive to me!;) But it is a game you should rent before you buy

Storm
03-18-2002, 12:36 PM
I rented it and bought it the next day.

Snoopy7548
03-18-2002, 12:40 PM
cool, i got it for christmas, i rented jsrf and bought it the next day:D

Batman2372
03-18-2002, 12:44 PM
The rule at my house for any game is to rent it first before I buy it. We made an exception with Tony Hawk, as we will with UC, but otherwise....

Rent it. It's so worth it.

E-Xbox
03-18-2002, 02:23 PM
amped is a real xbox game...
starts off good...but then juss gets better...
its one of the games that makes u sit back and say "whoa!"
i beleive this is a must have....
so those of u that dont have it....GET IT!

peace..

Derek_00
03-18-2002, 04:36 PM
Amazing F**king amzing

l Maximus l
03-18-2002, 04:44 PM
Amped is within my top 3 games that I own! Only 3rd to Halo and my new Rallisport Challenge!

Amped is a definate must have! I also was a huge 1080 fan, and Amped blows 1080 off of the mountain! (sorry for the pun! :D )

Amped was created with the XBox in mind....graphically, it's mind blowing, and in this game, you can free roam and go anywhere to find that huge jump rather than racing down a track. I didn't think it was going to be fun at first when I heard that there wasn't any racing on it...however, I opened my mind and took the risk in buying it. Ever since then, I have NO COMPLAINTS! Amped is a MUST BUY!

Also, you can rip your own music and listen to it while you play Amped. So, it gets even better! Hours upon hours of fun!

The game is mind blowing on my new HDTV! :eek:

Amped is similar to 1080's "Trick Attack" mode except that you don't have gates that you have to go through to extend your time. In this, you have to goals on each course you have to obtain. You want to hit the goal for Total points and for Media points. Media points are obtained when you go off a jump where a dude is holding a camera taking pictures of you. You'll see, the game is awesome! I do no justice in explaining it!

Also, Amped's setting is on real mountain resorts all around the world and there are real snowboarding professionals you can select from to play and play against. There is a lot of variety in the game with different goals on each course...you'll see it once you play it! Again, it's must buy!

El Pollo Loco
03-18-2002, 05:29 PM
hehehe I was waiting for Maximus to post on this thread.

sikfok
03-18-2002, 05:43 PM
SSX Tricky is by far the best of the two if you ask me. Not even close. I'll concede Amped looks better (even tho that's highly debatable) and is more realistic. But who cares about realism ? This is a frickin video game, and SSX Tricky is a lot, a lot of fun !

This is only my opinion by the way, so don't start nose bleeding or anything ;) SSX not beeing an xbox exclusive might **** some fanboys off :rolleyes:

stang46
03-18-2002, 07:01 PM
Well honestly I think Amped blows SSXtricky outta the water. Like Maximus said and many others, this game is one of the best and easily up there with Halo and RSC in terms of my favorite games.
Get Amped and spend some time getting the controls down. Once you do you will be in for one hell of a time...

Malachi
03-18-2002, 11:20 PM
Thanks for all the info guys! I'm going to hire it out this weekend. You see, SSX Tricky is a definate buy for me, but it's not coming out here till early June, so I have to wait. Until then I need something to cure my snowboarding thirst on my new Xbox!!!

1 other thing: I've heard the tracks in Amped are a little short. Is this true? (not that it really worries me that much....just curious)

stang46
03-18-2002, 11:38 PM
Short??? Heck NO!! The thing that is cool about Amped is you basically are free to roam the whole mountain however you choose. You could go down some of the runs so many different ways its almost endless(one of the reasons this game is so fun). You aren't limited to following a set path that is blocked off like other games sometimes make you do. The mountain environment is like a real mountain that you would snowboard at. Everything is open to you except 'Out of Bound Areas'.

Snoopy7548
03-19-2002, 02:02 PM
amped is way better than tricky, but yes, the tracks are short. theyre shorter than the ones in tricky, but theyre still awesome, and about the being able to go anywhere, thats not true, although some of the tracks are pretty wide, you cannot go EVERYWHERE, there are places that are out of bounds, and if you go there, then it just sends you back.

stang46
03-19-2002, 02:48 PM
Thats kinda why I said you can go everywhere except for "Out of Bounds"....

Snoopy7548
03-19-2002, 03:00 PM
yea, but thats why i said you CANT go everywhere.if u could go everywhere, then u could go the whole mountain, but u cant.

stilly
03-20-2002, 04:59 AM
he's my hero, no one strumms like the mighty young, top geezer.

Snoopy7548
03-20-2002, 04:32 PM
haha, yea, and nobody walks like him:D

tmo
03-20-2002, 05:18 PM
Man, this game is awesome, I have read many many reviews and personally i rate this 10/10. I thought i wouldnt like the game as i havent really rated snowboarding but makes me wanna do it in real life. :eek:

It is hard to get use to the controllers and can get really frustrating but believe me......it is so addictive.

Even the missus (a non games console lover) wouldn't let me on the game. Learning the tricks, pulling off wicked stunts. It's a MUST have.

You can burn ur own music onto the hard disk and board to whatever tune u want.........

DO IT !! Get it, u wont be disappointed. :)