PDA

View Full Version : Important tv question help!!

DenniZz81
03-18-2002, 11:03 AM
Im going to buy a better tv... can xbox be played on a 32 inch widescreen 100hz tv??
answers apriciated!
happy gaming!

DenniZz81
03-18-2002, 11:03 AM
oh yeah frogot
will the quality be better than played on a 28 inch tv? standard tv?

Hugh_Jass
03-18-2002, 11:45 AM
The XBOX can be played on any television.

For the highest quality experience make sure your television can accept component video input.

Hmmm...but I will admit that I have no idea what a SCART connection can do since we don't use that here in the States. Maybe I should defer my answer to a European videophile.

LynxFX
03-18-2002, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure either about the SCART adaptor. I've heard of some people having problems with a SCART saying that the image was just in black and white. They then proceded to connect the xbox through the VCR then from there to the tv and it was still in black and white but when it was recorded and played back on the VCR it was in color.

You might want to try Home Theater Forum (http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=6). This link takes you directly to their Gaming Hardware section. There should be some Euro types there that can answer your question.

Hugh_Jass
03-18-2002, 03:08 PM
I checked with an Electrical Engineer buddy who designs video equipment. He says video quality ranks from best to worst in the following order:

component
rgb
s-video
composite
rf

DenniZz81
03-18-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I checked with an Electrical Engineer buddy who designs video equipment. He says video quality ranks from best to worst in the following order:

component
rgb
s-video
composite
rf

cool. scart is rgb... then i dont need to get a s-video then!

LynxFX
03-18-2002, 03:38 PM
Hugh_Jass,

Did he purposely leave out DV-I? I thought that was the ultimate connection because it was a pure digital signal as well as the only way to watch HDTV in the future if the MPAA has their way with things. :mad:

Anyway, that is good to know that SCART is an RGB connection.

Afro Aura
03-18-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by DenniZz81
oh yeah frogot
will the quality be better than played on a 28 inch tv? standard tv?
Yeah the quality over the picture will be totally improved I've got a 100hz TV with DRC I know you'll have a SCART (RGB) socket on the back, so get hold of the Advanced AV pack to see the unbelievable difference, I got one for my PAL XBOX and the picture was amazing (it also looked pretty cool with my US XBOX too) Don't worry about your TV picture being black and white as long as it can take the 60hz signal and can take an NTSC signal your laughing.

Now stop looking at this post and get your butt out there and grap the Advanced AV pack NOW!!!!

Hugh_Jass
03-18-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Hugh_Jass,

Did he purposely leave out DV-I? I thought that was the ultimate connection because it was a pure digital signal as well as the only way to watch HDTV in the future if the MPAA has their way with things. :mad:

Anyway, that is good to know that SCART is an RGB connection.

He probably left out DV-I because I didn't ask him about it.

DBXNY
03-18-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

He probably left out DV-I because I didn't ask him about it.

:)

LynxFX
03-19-2002, 12:41 AM
Well there you go. :D