PDA

View Full Version : How would the picture look?

DenniZz81
03-18-2002, 02:51 PM
On a widescreen tv? 16:9
does it look jagged or just ugly?

DenniZz81
03-18-2002, 02:53 PM
also one thing i would like with Halo is that on a widescreen in multiplayer that the two pictures would come next to eatchother and not on top of eachother.
can you change that or?

LynxFX
03-18-2002, 03:02 PM
On a widescreen tv? 16:9
does it look jagged or just ugly?
What games are you talking about? Do you mean in general? I'll assume you do. For that, it depends. If the game supports 16x9 then it looks great. I've posted a list already of current 16x9 games. If the game is only 4x3 and you stretch it to fill 16x9 then you can get more jaggies, or major distortion in the game. But this varies from game to game. Some games look incredibly well stretched. Infact so well that it fooled people into thinking the game was 16x9 even though it wasn't. Halo is one of those games that looks good stretched. Sports games that are not 16x9 do not generally look great stretched because the human players really become distorted. Short and fat. Racing games seem to do pretty well stretched.

also one thing i would like with Halo is that on a widescreen in multiplayer that the two pictures would come next to eatchother and not on top of eachother.
can you change that or?

Halo only does a top and bottom split for multiplayer. I hear you when you say it sucks. I don't like playing two player like that. In my case, each player gets 96"x26". That is one long thin window. Side by side would have been great, but widescreen support would have been even better.

l Maximus l
03-18-2002, 05:37 PM
I've played Halo with split screen x 4 on my HDTV Widescreen and it's fine. Of course I'm not a fan of split screen gaming, however, you still get the wideness effect even within the individual split screens. Better than a tube since you get more area on the left and the right and the image is, of course, much much much better in comparison :)