PDA

View Full Version : Will you purchase the XBOX CONTROLLER S?



wweomaniac
03-18-2002, 05:09 PM
I like to avoid posting up stupid polls like "What is your favorite genre?". I did find the introduction of the new smaller XBOX controller to be surprising and interesting. I thought that the XBOX stood out because of its nice graphicsa nd BIG controller.

I know I'm not going to buy the darn thing, but I know that some people will because they have stupid complaints. I want to get a sense of how well the new controller will do.

NEW PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://gearmedia.ign.com/gear/image/japanesexboxcontroller_031802_03.jpg

OLD PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.gamespy.com/hardware/march02/xboxcontrollers/1s.jpg

http://www.gamespy.com/hardware/march02/xboxcontrollers/2s.jpg

http://www.gamespy.com/hardware/march02/xboxcontrollers/3s.jpg

linkycat
03-18-2002, 05:16 PM
I've already got the japanese controller.... it really is nice. I use my big controller all the time, but my friends who are short and underdeveloped really really appreciate the smaller controller.

just food for thought

E-Xbox
03-18-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac
I like to avoid posting up stupid polls like "What is your favorite genre?".

how the hell is that a stupid poll?
and i voted yes....
i mite get it....depending on a few things...

LynxFX
03-18-2002, 05:18 PM
No, I'm sick of small controllers. I can't even play on a PSX or PS2 now. Don't get me started on GC. So I'll stick with the big one. :D

Of course I'll still test it out if they have it at a store. I just hate that the buttons are in different positions.

wweomaniac
03-18-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox


how the hell is that a stupid poll?
and i voted yes....
i mite get it....depending on a few things...

i dont like those polls because they are too basic and have been asked time and time again. It doesnt take any thought and the dude is just trying to get posts. Why would you want to know?? Its jsut that they make aboot a milliion surveys asking that exaact question!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Piccolo_DBz
03-18-2002, 05:25 PM
I'm not gonna get it, I actually bought the Japanese controller and i'm in the process of trading it for the American version. I'm so use to the State's version that my thumbs actually hurt when I use the japanese version. I say if your use to the american one you don't need to change it.

l Maximus l
03-18-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Piccolo_DBz
I'm not gonna get it, I actually bought the Japanese controller and i'm in the process of trading it for the American version. I'm so use to the State's version that my thumbs actually hurt when I use the japanese version. I say if your use to the american one you don't need to change it.

You know, I was debating on whether to get one or not. I already have three of the normal XBox controllers...and I was thinking about getting a fourth. I was thinking about getting the type S just to try it out and see if I liked it...but, what you and Lynxfx said, both of you make great points.

Personally, I absolutely LOVE the normal XBox controllers...I guess, why get rid of a good thing? I probably will be disappointed and end up selling it or something. I have a buddy that I work part-time with at an electronics store and he has the type S controller and prefers it. I could just try his or just buy one, and if I don't like it, I can trade mine for his. There wouldn't be any risk since the guy treats his gaming equipment exceptionally well.

ftyards
03-18-2002, 06:03 PM
Yes, I will buy one. I like the original controller, but my friend likes the smaller controllers I think it would make I good fourth controller.

wweomaniac
03-18-2002, 07:31 PM
You do have a point. A lot of my friends who come over do like the smaller type of controllers. Hmmm..

I never thought of it that way. I feel so selfish. Anyways... I also have three controllers. You know what? I don't care what my friends think. They all like the XBOX for its games and graphics anyways. The controller is easy to use and quite adaptable. My stance stays the same on this issue.

JADE8704
03-18-2002, 07:49 PM
nope not me! i too have 3 regular xbox controllers...and 1 by interact :(...what a waste of good money....i really like the regular ones, and so do all my friends whenever they come over to the house...whenever they come over, whoever is the "outcast" gets the interact one:D ..its pretty sad

but anyways, nope...i don't think im going to get it...with that price, i'd rather get the regular xbox controller :)

manchufu
03-18-2002, 09:59 PM
i don't have 1 complaint about the current xbox controler, i love it, but, i also love the s, i plan on getting a whole set of em

also, it seems to me this is not just a smaller controler, but an updated, one, better life and reation maybe, or better sensitivity with the pressure sensitive buttons...

tech
03-19-2002, 01:28 AM
I guess you guys don't play Gotham for hours and hours. After about 3 hours your right trigger hand starts to really hurt. I have JPN one and I don't get that problem. I guess I have to buy the S version for my buddy who comes over so there won't be an excuse of me beating him because of the controller.

wingchunstan
03-19-2002, 09:49 AM
i got the jap controler and it is a great controler way better to play tonyhawk and dead or alive with it

DIGITAL
03-19-2002, 10:36 AM
where did everyone get there s controllers,i didnt think they were out in till april

wingchunstan
03-19-2002, 01:30 PM
s controler will be out in april but u can order the same controler the japan ver online www.ncsx.com i got mine from www.tronix.com the difference is the jap controler cable is smaller than the us ver and the triggers feel alittle bit lose..

wingchunstan
03-19-2002, 01:32 PM
sorry the adress is tronixweb.com

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by tech
I guess you guys don't play Gotham for hours and hours. After about 3 hours your right trigger hand starts to really hurt. I have JPN one and I don't get that problem. I guess I have to buy the S version for my buddy who comes over so there won't be an excuse of me beating him because of the controller.

Tech...try using your Middle finger instead of your index finger for the right trigger while playing Gotham. You'll find that you will never have your hand get tired :)

Toder
03-19-2002, 02:20 PM
I don't give a **** about the this whole controller thread. I just want to know why in the hell do you call people communist who want to buy the S controller.

wweomaniac
03-19-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Toder
I don't give a **** about the this whole controller thread. I just want to know why in the hell do you call people communist who want to buy the S controller.


LOL!!! Its just a joke. I don't like communism and I am the most right wing person you'll ever see. I am probably beyond the right side of the political continuum.

I truly don't think you're communism if you like the smaller controller... and if you do, it doesn't mean you are. Its just comical. Have a laugh.

I don't get it though. More than 180 people have seen this thread although less than 30 have done the poll. THis must be the works of communists!! Ahhhhhhhhh

Twisted J
03-19-2002, 04:29 PM
you know how you can charge up your plasma pistol, well my sister has trouble holding down the back triger and walking at the same time. i was thinking about getting her one of those mad catz controllers but should i get her an S instead?

Twisted J
03-19-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by JADE8704
and 1 by interact ...what a waste of good money....


i bought the interact one the day of release and it broke the next day, the right thumbstick was messed up and going around by itself, also its a bit bigger than the normal xbox controller and makes my hands hurt, i love the regular one but i might buy an S for my sister

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Twisted J
you know how you can charge up your plasma pistol, well my sister has trouble holding down the back triger and walking at the same time. i was thinking about getting her one of those mad catz controllers but should i get her an S instead?

I would go with the type S (smaller XBox controller) over a Madcatz. Personally, I ONLY buy 1st party controllers...never 3rd party because they are notorius for having problems. Microsoft makes the smaller controller and it has the system in mind :)

LINKINPARK8591
03-19-2002, 05:54 PM
hell no i'm not gonna get the smaller controller the big ones are coo,,,,,,,,,,,,,i'm use to using that one and well i'm sure that i would like it better than a smaller controller..................laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:mad: :mad: :D :(

Master Gracey
03-19-2002, 05:55 PM
I love the big controller... I have really big hands (not a brag, just a fact.) They're 10 inches from wrist to tip of middle finger and also 10 inches from pinky to thumb when spread out. I love the Xbox controller because I finally have a controller that doesn't feel like it'll break when I play!

The only problem I had at first was that, with big hands, my right thumb covered all four buttons at the same time... something I wasn't used to since I had PSX and the buttons were so far apart. However, I got over that pretty quickly. I just hope that Xbox never discontinues the big controller.

http://members.aol.com/hallofhead/organ2.jpg

X-Factor
03-19-2002, 06:36 PM
The type S controller is a better controller than the current Xbox controller. The type S is infinitely more confortable than the current Xbox pad (easier on the hands too). The type S's L and R buttons are less resistant, making them easier to press repeatedly. A more traditional plus-shaped d-pad (perfect for fighters). The face buttons are in a more standard diamond shape (not oval), and positioned much, much better than the current Xbox pad. The face buttons are set up much like the dual shock controller. The current Xbox pad's face buttons are much too close together (and I hate how they are diagonally set up). Like in THPS3, when I go grind, manual, or lip, I bail almost everytime, because when I go from the A button to the Y button, I either hit the wrong button, or I hit more than one button. It is so frustrating! That is why I have to x-connectors, so I can use the dual shock controller.

So when is the type S Xbox controller going to be available for me to purphase???:eek:

wweomaniac
03-19-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey
I love the big controller... I have really big hands (not a brag, just a fact.) They're 10 inches from wrist to tip of middle finger and also 10 inches from pinky to thumb when spread out. I love the Xbox controller because I finally have a controller that doesn't feel like it'll break when I play!

The only problem I had at first was that, with big hands, my right thumb covered all four buttons at the same time... something I wasn't used to since I had PSX and the buttons were so far apart. However, I got over that pretty quickly. I just hope that Xbox never discontinues the big controller.

http://members.aol.com/hallofhead/organ2.jpg


I here you!!! I got big hands too. Its quite a nuisance. And the small controllers leave a lot of your hand just lying there. Its so uncomfortable. I bet most of the people who claim that the big controller is a problem have never held the XBOX controller. My 8 year old brother uses the big controller without a problem.

I've had a few friends who didn't like the big controller come over and enjoy it more than they thought they would. Here here to the big controller.

Xbox Owner
03-19-2002, 07:52 PM
I love my big sexy controller :D

Toder
03-20-2002, 06:18 AM
I Don't see nothing commical about comunism. First of all I'm from a country that has founght for others rights against communist rule (the Vietnam War). Alot of people lost their lives fighting the communist of North Vietnam. And alot of us have had either family members fight or died in that war.

Ideally Communism is supposed to be this great society were everything is equal to all, But it turned out to to be were the needs of the few were supplied by the many how don't have any rights. I have great pride living in a country were i have the right to do what I want and i feel great sorro for those people who are still under the rule of communism. Personally I feel that it is a term that should not be used so light or joking around. I have seen you use the this word before in the chat and i was upset then but i let it pass, But sence you put it in () in your poll i felt like I had to say something to you.

ramvolter
03-20-2002, 04:26 PM
no i wont buy it unless normal contoller is too big for my hands

wweomaniac
03-20-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Toder
I Don't see nothing commical about comunism. First of all I'm from a country that has founght for others rights against communist rule (the Vietnam War). Alot of people lost their lives fighting the communist of North Vietnam. And alot of us have had either family members fight or died in that war.

Ideally Communism is supposed to be this great society were everything is equal to all, But it turned out to to be were the needs of the few were supplied by the many how don't have any rights. I have great pride living in a country were i have the right to do what I want and i feel great sorro for those people who are still under the rule of communism. Personally I feel that it is a term that should not be used so light or joking around. I have seen you use the this word before in the chat and i was upset then but i let it pass, But sence you put it in () in your poll i felt like I had to say something to you.


In theory, communism is good... but in practice, its evil. Communism means everyone works together to better a nation. Everyone gets treated equally, and paid near the same.

When I refer to communism, I am referring to the whole equal right- everyone be lazy issue. I'm right wing so i don't like that idea. Not everyone deserves health care/education. There are gods and there are clods.

Just chill out aboot the communist thing.... thats not what this thread is aboot.