PDA

View Full Version : Phat Idea(s) for Xbox 2.

fear_this
03-18-2002, 07:04 PM
To this post I have added an attatchment for you to see my layout of what i think that the xbox 2 should look like.

My idea is that it can be like a hovering divice. Not that the system itself floats but the disk will float inside of the xbox 2. On the base there can be an air control of high and low. if you place it on high then that lets you to place the cd right above where the hole is and there is enough air pressure to hold it. Then as you turn the knob down to low is when the disk is actually capable of being played. Then to bring it back out just turn the notch to high. It doesnt go into anything it just sits there and it hovers and then the laser turns on. Now you all know that you need to have the disk moving to actually read the information off of it. Well instead of the disk movie the laser would be moving around instead of the disk. Now to make sure the cd doesnt like move off to the side that means that the sides will have to be pretty close for the cd not to move around that much. Which will give it a safe and secure reading. The console Oval Tower (the cd holder) will be a round ovalish shape. Now depending on technology is the width of it. And on the size of the cd. I think that this idea is GREAT and I tell you that No one will take my idea. THis is origional and phat. Thank you. Also what are some of your idea's and sketches of Xbox 2?

fear_this
03-18-2002, 07:05 PM
Forgot the attatchment. :D

Halo of Flies
03-18-2002, 07:11 PM
You're on drugs....

fear_this
03-18-2002, 08:38 PM
Atleast im not obsessed with flys. :rolleyes:

Halo of Flies
03-18-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by fear_this
Atleast im not obsessed with flys. :rolleyes:
I think you meant to say "At least I'm not obsessed with flies." - 4 errors in one short sentence? My 'drugs' point has been proven. ;)

Dre
03-18-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Halo of Flies

I think you meant to say "At least I'm not obsessed with flies." - 4 errors in one short sentence? My 'drugs' point has been proven. ;)

Hey dude, raggin on someone for their spelling isn't chill. Its just a sorry attempt at a flame and just makes you look lame.

Fear_this: I think your idea for the box would look cool, but it would probably be too loud and consume too much power.

Lates,
Dre

mtbaird5687
03-18-2002, 08:58 PM
too much money i bet

Halo of Flies
03-19-2002, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Hey dude, raggin on someone for their spelling isn't chill. Its just a sorry attempt at a flame and just makes you look lame.

OK, point taken. I wouldn't usually point out someone's spelling mistakes (I'm just as bad as the next guy) but I replied in that way because I thought his joke towards me was so pathetic.

Looking at the design again, I still stand by my 'drugs' accusation. 'Dude'...

E-Vader
03-19-2002, 05:57 AM
Way too much time on your hands methinks.

DIGITAL
03-19-2002, 07:45 AM
hay im on drugs an my spelling stinks! well if you consider northern lights a drug!

Hugh_Jass
03-19-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Dre

I have some people on my ignore list, not because they are bad people, but because I don't want to take the time to translate their posts into English.

It doesn't take much time to type your posts into WORD, run the spell checker, and then copy and paste them into the XBA message boards.

Whether it's true or not, some people will think you are an idiot if you can't spell correctly. They won't value what you have to say. This is especially true if you are flaming someone else and misspell words, such as "retarded" and "moron", both of which I've seen happen.

LynxFX
03-19-2002, 12:16 PM
Plus this is fear_this that we are talking about.

Chr0nik
03-19-2002, 12:23 PM
Not to be mean, but kids I have tutored in Special education are

more creative and have better spelling than Fear_This.

Huckleberry
03-19-2002, 02:11 PM
the grammar and spelling in here is abysmal, and then you add to it the people that don't use any uppercase letters in their posts, and....DOH! i mean doh!

back to the original idea...the xbox 2, or to, or even, too...

there is no chance outside of nasa that you could ever make a laser spin accurately enough, and at the speeds required to read a disc...especially a disc that was floating. any time anyone opened a door or window, the air pressure in the house would be affected and your 8 unsaved hours of morrowind would be out that very same window.

however, i would not be surprised to see an alternate data storage method by the time the next iteration of boxes come out. there are some amazing options in development with crystal and even biological materials. much like we all thought the pentium II 200 mghz was so very freaking fast, we'll see storage development do the same thing. who thought 4 years ago that you'd be able to buy 100 gig hard drives for less than we were paying for 20?

Dre
03-19-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Huckleberry
who thought 4 years ago that you'd be able to buy 100 gig hard drives for less than we were paying for 20?

Everyone did.., its called Moore's Law. Now for all you uber-techies out there, I know it ain't exactly Moore's law.. but its the generalization thats been made of it. :p

I totally agree with the rest of your post though Huckleberry.. you raised some interesting points.

ramvolter
03-19-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

It doesn't take much time to type your posts into WORD, run the spell checker, and then copy and paste them into the XBA message boards.

Are you sure that everyone here has WORD? I don't!! :)

Hugh_Jass
03-19-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by ramvolter

Are you sure that everyone here has WORD? I don't!! :)

There are a number of free alternatives to WORD available online with similar capabilities.

Xbox Owner
03-19-2002, 06:55 PM
It would be cool...but the cd could get scratch or hit out so easily:rolleyes: