PDA

View Full Version : Xbox @ 5 months (US): Your impressions?

Ninja Scroll
03-18-2002, 07:35 PM
It's been a good 5 months since the most powerful console in the industry debut.
thus far how do you feel about it's performance in the gaming business. the games, marketing, ect.
Do you think Microsoft has done all they can or what could they have done differently in the first 5 months of the companies first entry into this muti-billion dollar business?
basically review their launch to today.

batman46st
03-18-2002, 07:47 PM
Well Bro, to tell you the truth the xbox when it made its debut it came in with a bang called Halo. A game that i dought anyone could say it s-u-c-k-s and it came accompanied with other great titile pgr,munches oddesy, etc. Even so this great titled lacked a few qualities. We had so far a few games that are really horrible yet stuning (graphicly speaking) kabuki warrior,bloodwhake etc.
The xbox has shown us a minor tuch of its power and yet we're still amazed. I compare my xbox to a human brain we only use 10%(or something like dat) if we used a full 100% imagine wat we would be capapable of. Xbox is only using a lil bit of its power imagine when they go full blown as im seeing in our upcoming games. I tell you scroll I couldnt be happier with my xbox. It's Just an increadible well thought out meachine. I give it up to my man Bill.!!::claps::

sikfok
03-18-2002, 07:52 PM
Best console out there. Enough good games to keep me busy. Promising future.
One major grudge. No force feedback wheels ? wtf ? And while we're at it, I wish someone figures out a better controler for first person shooters.

Frostberg
03-18-2002, 08:56 PM
Jeez Ninjas have no concept of time! Its been 4 months and 3 days...

Anyway, Xbox rules and we all have some good games to look forward to!

Kortiz
03-18-2002, 09:00 PM
halo needs to support the gun controller.......and MS needs to make a gun controller and having tha ton a 52inch TV.....taht would be the SHHHH

NemesisX
03-18-2002, 09:09 PM
I had to say Xbox has had a 80% success rate. I would love to have seen more in this time period. Give us 4 more months and we wont be able to post cause of the hot new games coming out. Brute Force,Online Play,MorrowWind. I wish they waited for Halo, cause I wanted to use the cloaked hunters sword,flamethrower like planned. Anyways, Mircosoft, Xbox has done a very good job in delivering a gaming console for me.

Rank of Consoles

1)PS2 "It has had the upperhand for 2 years,but Its `bout to drop slowly"
2)Xbox
3)Gamecube "Only reason why its below is cause RE isnt out and some more strong titles,but by then all of Xbox strong titles will be out, Time is running against the Gamecube."
4)Dreamcast "Dead,but then again still alive!"
5)PSOne
6)N64

Highlite23
03-18-2002, 09:51 PM
Well, 4 months in, not 5, i'm really happy with what MS has done. It was a little agrevating at first with the lack of new games, but the last 2 months have been great. The system has worked flawlessly for me.

The future looks very bright, great games slated for release, on-line play with a communicator, oh yea!

I'm really excited about the year to come.
:cool:

robnyack
03-18-2002, 10:33 PM
well, 5 (or 4....whatever) months into this, I can say it is THE choice for a game console, and there are some great games that have come out. However, just like every other game console to ever hit the market, crap games, far outnumber the great games. I am bored of every one of my xbox games.

I am so sick of games not living up to their hype.

All Star baseball 2003 - crap. After about a week of play, th game never needs to be played again. see sports boards for my explanation......hint: what's your right fielder hitting against lefties this year? How's your rightie pitching out of the bullpen going against left handed batters this season? got a clue?....OF COURSE YOU DON'T, BECAUSE THEY DONT TELL YOU!!!

Star Wars: Obi Wan : um...yea. ok. can anyone say LAME?

Project Gothem Racing: oh, look another car racing game.

Max Payne: cool, but, enuff already.

Madden or Fever??: at this point....WHO CARES ANYMORE!?!?!?! Bring out 2003.

Bloodwake: cool and fun.....for a while.

DOA3: oohhhhhh....look at the pretty graphics. NEXT!

Wreckless: oohhhhh...look at the pretty graphics. NEXT!

Jet Set: cool stuff, until you find yourself wandering aimless, cluelessy hour after hour having no idea what the **** you are supposed to be doing!!

Odd World: cool beans. But, enuff already.

Genma Onimusha: ohfercryingoutloud.

Halo: ROCKS....but, is Halo2 ready yet?

NBA Live 2002: wow, can a hoop game suck any worse?

In a nutshell.....I'm BORED. GIVE ME SOME NEW GAMES!!!! And for the love of god, please make games that live up to all the friggin hype or AT LEAST cut down on the friggin pre-hype so we dont build our expectations so high that the game will suck unless it truly is "a game that redefines it's genre!!...."a game that sets the bar for graphics and gameplay". By the way, this is not just an xbox problem, this god ****ed extreme pre-hype followed by suck-ass game cuts across all game platforms.

and by the way....if Triple Play is released with no career mode, I will kill them. I gotta pin all my hopes on a good baseball game on WS Baseball???? Good friggin lord. Maybe this time, they will remember to include box scores.

XboXtremist
03-19-2002, 12:09 AM
Oh man... let me start out by saying no more than 2, 3 months ago, I was one of those Nintendo fanboys who declared Microsoft as an evil company and the Xbox as a lame wannabe console. I was happy with my Cube... until I realized I was happy with 1 game... ONE game... Super Smash Bros Melee. The rest were ehhhhh....

...flash forward to today. Last week I gave in and bought an Xbox (yes, I'm a brand new owner & lovin it). I had been telling myself several things:

1) The Cube is REALLY disappointing me. Let's face it, Nintendo systems get mostly crap third party games. So unless I see the Nintendo, RARE, or otherwise label, I don't get very very excited.

2) The Xbox is looking sharp in its first half-year of release. Halo remains its killer app... but it has so many great games that live up to Halo's awesome experience in their own right.

3) Why not?!?! I have a bunch of cash lying around in my savings account... pfft... who needs a car??? NOTE: I may regret this 2 years from now... who knows. Not worried about it though.

SO I"M VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tech
03-19-2002, 12:19 AM
Well for me only 3 months 2 weeks. Bought it in December. Spent total on xbox gear $955.41 not including new 27inch TV I bought to enhance my Xbox experience. I guess I love it.

Xbox system with controller with 1 year OXM
1 extra US controller, 1 JPN controller, 1 madcatz wheel, 1 gamester joystick, HD Av pack, Svideo pack, Carrying case

PGR, DOA3, Fever, SSX Tricky, Wreckless, WWF RAW, Nightcaster, and Rallisport.

And I can't wait for more games. One more game will push me to the $1000 mark. :D

DIGITAL
03-19-2002, 12:21 AM
well i still love my xbox but it gets played less an less because there lacking games,half the games out are extreme games ,which i have no interest in.i think microsoft should of had more good games ready to release when they launched the xbox.im just hoping that some good games come out soon,hunter got delayed an i got cash for a game or even games but when i go to the store theres nothing i care to buy,so they better hurry up an release more good games before i hook my ps2 back up an start buying games for that

robnyack
03-19-2002, 09:24 AM
after my rant last night, I came to the realization that I could be a GC owner and be waiting for the new Mario Tennis game or the new Monkey Golf game BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

Thank god for xbox.

But, my point about most games sucking (for all platforms) remains true, and my point about the over-hyping of games (for all platforms) remains true.

Ninja Scroll
03-19-2002, 10:29 AM
This is in reply to everyone that was so worried about me saying 5 months instead of the correct date, sheeesh, you should all be more worried about Xbox than trying to correct me.:rolleyes:
If anyones knows the length of time it's been on the market it's me.
I wrote 5 months because I was jsut rounding it off. how would it sound if the thread started like this "Xbox @ 3 months, 4 days, 8 minutes, & 2 seconds" !:rolleyes: Come on.

Anyways, I like what I have read so far, as for the guy who was happy he chose Xbox instead of getting the KiddyCube, your right.
GC has nothing to offer thus and im gonna wait as well.
Im no Nintendo hater,.. well.. atleast since Sega is no longer in the hardware business. But like I have said before, it's all about the exclusive titles and since Resident Evil & Wrestlemania X8 are GC only im getting it.
But da Ninja heart is Xbox 4ever!:)

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 10:38 AM
I work part time at an electronics store and more and more people are swarming the XBox game shelves. So far, I have a total of 11 games and I play most of them.

Halo, Rallisport Challenge, and UFC Tapout get the most playing time. Last night, I had my first opportunity to play NFL2K2 that Chronik so kindly gave to me...and, this game rocks!!!

batman46st
03-19-2002, 12:43 PM
NBA Live 2002: wow, can a hoop game suck any worse?

That and max lame good god not happy with those two on my library.