PDA

View Full Version : UNREAL CHAMPIONSHIP - [ NOT ] - Pay to Play!

Brevity
03-19-2002, 01:46 AM
**** CV & G making **** up again...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UC pay-per-play? 3:18 PM - Robert "Apache" Howarth - Consoles: Microsoft X-Box - (5)
A nasty little rumor started at Computer & Video Games that claimed "UNREAL CHAMPIONSHIP CONFIRMED AS PAY PER PLAY" is indeed false, as Epic VP Mark Rein denied the report (C&VG must be his favorite website by now). "To make it perfectly clear neither Epic, nor Digital Extremes, nor Infogrames is going to be collecting any money from people playing Unreal Championship online." The only thing that could change this, is if Microsoft decides to make its online network a subscriber service. Here's a further clarifaction from a Digital Extremes spokeswoman:

I can officially say that Digital Extremes, Epic or Infogrames will NOT be collecting any money for online play of Unreal Championship. However, Microsoft has stated that they may possibly charge a subscription fee for their online service when it goes live, which is where the confusion comes in.

I believe Microsoft is requiring publishers to put the (subject to subscription fees) disclaimer in all their PR and marketing materials for games that will have online play for Xbox.

So basically we all have to wait and see what Microsoft decides on that front.INFO (http://www.voodooextreme.com/#27019 )

Another great link on this (http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=2758):)

J Dub
03-19-2002, 02:56 AM
This is great news. Maybe this means that playing online will be completely free?

JJaX
03-19-2002, 07:45 AM
Good news indeed! :D

Batman2372
03-19-2002, 07:59 AM
As much as we all wish it will be free, it's looking like the chances of Microsoft just "giving" us online capability are small. That's a shame, too, because even something as small as $10 a month would keep a significant number of people from playing online (including me).

JJaX
03-19-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Batman2372
As much as we all wish it will be free, it's looking like the chances of Microsoft just "giving" us online capability are small. That's a shame, too, because even something as small as $10 a month would keep a significant number of people from playing online (including me).

If the network offeres really good connections (sub 60 Pings) ill be more than happy to pay the 10 Bones.

$29.99 broad band
+ $10.00
No problem

fanofslipknotib
03-19-2002, 12:25 PM
29.99 for Broadband? Damn, I'm paying 39.99. I'd still pay up to 15 or 20 dollars for Xbox online though.

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 12:58 PM
$10? Dudes...no sweat. I'll just fork over $120 for the entire year and not worry about paying every month :)

DZNUTZ
03-19-2002, 01:04 PM
maybe they'll have promotions like sega.net did. shoot..if they do....like i do with every thing else i buy...i'll buy bulk ( numerous years) if availble to save a lil cha-ching.

JADE8704
03-19-2002, 01:04 PM
i have to agree...$10 a month is not that bad...shoot, if i can pay it with the pay im getting, anyone can! :eek: