PDA

View Full Version : Australian Negative Review

Sickplaya
03-19-2002, 03:39 AM
Hi im from australia, and here is one of the jackass reviews the xbox got from www.news.com.au, it is the most factless peice of **** ever to be writen, he's done nothing but nitpick and gives little praise where due. this guy must work for sony as he reffers to sony games on two occasions, and the fact that he says fusion frenzy is much better than halo, project gotham, dead or alive 3, etc.. makes me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arghhhhhhhhh!!!

The reason why im so ****ed off is because this is the view of the general public, they are so brainwashed by sony products, not just playstations, anything sony must be better, e.g. tv's, dvd's.
I

Xbox packed to the brim
14 MAR 2002
Review by MICHAEL BODEY, Daily Telegraph

MICROSOFT'S most extensive foray into hardware is here and it's no exaggeration to say it will stun some but bore others.
A few of its bells and whistles (including the broadband capability and 16-player hook-up) are irrelevant or inaccessible to most consumers.

And the requirement that you need buy a remote control to access it as a DVD player is insulting. Yet most of the console's advances add heaps to the gaming environment and gives Sony reason to be scared.

Chief among them are the wonderful graphics. The muscly hard drive allows much of a game to remain on the system, resulting in minimal, if any, load times and some very complex and fluid gaming environments. Even so, as it was with the PS2, the launch titles often don't yet appear to fully maximise this asset.

Other assets, such as the Dolby Surround Sound, mean the console should hold its age (even if the bulky controller seems designed to warn off younger players) and enhance the gaming experience.

So, to the games. And for a launch console, the Xbox has a meaty array. Expect 20 more before Easter and then a deluge. Accessibility to current titles is a major strength.

The lead title is Halo, a first person shooter framed in a sci-fi world. While widely praised, methinks it's been hyped too much. Sure, its graphics are mind-blowing and it dispenses with load times but its gameplay is, at times, unnatural and some graphics remain a little blocky.

It's Jak and Daxter in space with the smarts and adaptability of any number of your PC-based shoot-'em-ups. I'll reserve judgment until further investigation.

Project Gotham Racing is easier to judge: it's Dreamcast's Metropolis Street Racer beefed up. It was one of Dreamcast's best and it is a suitable launch title, being a variation on the Gran Turismo-style with "Kudos" points thrown in for better driving.

Extreme gamers will love Amped, a gorgeous snow boarding game.

Dead or Alive 3 is most able to use Xbox's graphics muscle with some superbly rich detail. At heart though, it remains a leery combat game.

Much better is Fusion Frenzy which should have been bundled with the console such is its ease, wide appeal and graphics punch. A terrific multi-player game full of varied mini-games, it's a great introduction.

E-Vader
03-19-2002, 04:54 AM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lead title is Halo, a first person shooter framed in a sci-fi world. While widely praised, methinks it's been hyped too much. Sure, its graphics are mind-blowing and it dispenses with load times but its gameplay is, at times, unnatural and some graphics remain a little blocky.

It's Jak and Daxter in space with the smarts and adaptability of any number of your PC-based shoot-'em-ups. I'll reserve judgment until further investigation.

Has this tool even played Halo!

Is he sure he was reviewing the XBOX or a cereal box!

JJaX
03-19-2002, 07:55 AM
It ****es me off that one tools opinion can affect the majority. Misinformed, arrogant, and ignorant people shouldnt write reviews. I hate when Newspapers have an article on things they dont know s4it about. I hate polically correct people too.....

MOlsen
03-19-2002, 08:16 AM
Wow. Now I agree that Halo has been hyped a bit too much, but to say that Fusion Frenzy is better is mindboggling. And the Australian public believes this stuff? I bet the Australian press is worried about the ole Xbox falling off the stand and killing their pet koala too. Sorry mate, too bad you have to put up with this stuff.

Chr0nik
03-19-2002, 09:23 AM
I think this guy drank to much Fosters before writing this

article:mad:

E-Vader
03-20-2002, 04:52 AM
I think this guy drank to much Fosters before writing this

We dont drink Fosters over here its cr@p thats why we export it.

lol:D

Rancey
03-20-2002, 05:51 AM
I'm actually surprised how big of a push Xbox is getting in Canberra *cough* except for Harvey Norman *cough*. And if you live in Sydney you'll know what's going on there! With I think 5 demo kiosks in my mall (not very big) I hope ppl go play the thing before dismissing it from news like that!

P.S. E-Vader is right, Fosters is crap and nobody here drinks it...sorry Americans, the Australian icon isn't actually drank over here :p

noopy
03-20-2002, 07:26 AM
I think that was one of the very few "negative" articles I've seen. Most of the publicity I've seen on the t.v and in the newspapers has been very positive towards the X-Box so much so that I'm considering going out and buying one!

I haven't owned a pure "games machine" since the old Commodore 64 (I'm 26) and have only purchased PC's since then. However I saw that my FAVOURITE PC game is going to be released on the X-Box in the next few weeks namely "Championship Manager 01/02" so I will probably go out and buy one. :p

MOlsen
03-20-2002, 05:35 PM
Noopy,

Good to see another C64 veteran convert. I never owned a console either, but will be getting my XBOX next month.

-mark

Xbox Owner
03-20-2002, 05:38 PM
The dude is drunk..obvisouly..because he said fussion frenzy is better than halo

....hahhahahhaahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahah