PDA

View Full Version : Middle or Index finger ?

Msterrrr
03-19-2002, 12:57 PM
just wondering what everyone else use's for the trigger buttons
i like the index finger if i use my middle finger it puts my thumb to high for the thumbsticks,

how bout you?:eek: :eek:

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 01:05 PM
I use my middle finger on the right trigger while playing racing games...like PGR and Rallisport. With Halo, for example, I use my index fingers :)

Ninja Scroll
03-19-2002, 01:08 PM
It depends on the type of game im playing.
If it a RPG, sports or something of that nature im normally index.
But if it's something I gotta mash like getting my dumb ass wrestler up from off the mat in RAW then im pulling out all 5 fingers!:D
Also in fighting games some times you need both index & middle to do throw moves,... which btw I dont need since Ninja is all skillz no thrillz!:D

Storm
03-19-2002, 01:12 PM
I use my middle fingers.

LOL @ Ninja Scroll....you're a riot. :D

Msterrrr
03-19-2002, 01:25 PM
phhhhttttttt:mad: i was going to edit the poll but only mods can do that?
didnt know anyone would be using both
Ive developed a nice flat spot on my index finger after 3 non stop days of Rallisport. That game is simply awesome. !!

Piccolo_DBz
03-19-2002, 01:57 PM
Index fingers here. Never tried middle.

No Fear 23
03-19-2002, 02:00 PM
i used both sometimes

Nato King
03-19-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Piccolo_DBz
Index fingers here. Never tried middle.

Just like Piccolo_DBz said I am all index finger here. I didn't know that you can use your middle finger it must feel different from your index.:)

khaos2005
03-19-2002, 02:35 PM
Just like Max, when I play RSC or PGR I use my middle fingers. For most other games, I use my index fingers.

I think it's because racing games require the constant pressure on the triggers, and my middle fingers can handle it better.

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by khaos2005
Just like Max, when I play RSC or PGR I use my middle fingers. For most other games, I use my index fingers.

I think it's because racing games require the constant pressure on the triggers, and my middle fingers can handle it better.

Yeah, I hear ya...For some reason my middle finger is the strongest and is needed for that constant effort. It's probably the strongest since I use my middle finger the most in every day life :D hehe...like driving and someone cutting me off!!! :mad:

Xtopia
03-19-2002, 02:57 PM
I use my index...I tried using my middle but...it just did not work for me.

Yo max! When I first read you'r reply I thought you said you use you'r middle finger for Halo and I though I figured out why you suck...but after I read it again I found out you use your index finger....so now im stuck! Trying to figure out the mystery.....j/k.....j/k just trying to motivate you to get on xboxconnector where we can play...and I can, most likely, get my @ss kicked by you!:)

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by xtopia
j/k.....j/k just trying to motivate you to get on xboxconnector where we can play...and I can, most likely, get my @ss kicked by you!:)

hehe...yeah, you and Fanofslipknot are doing great! I was going to try and get on last night, however, my wife was very sick so I had to attend to her. But, I will do my best to get on tonight! Maybe now you and I can finally play!!! :eek: D

Spaztic
03-19-2002, 03:44 PM
I use my girlfriends middle finger, my left big toe and my wrist!

...no...but seriously does this matter? I have never tried my middle finger....seems kinda odd and uncomfortable! just my index....looks like some people are loosing stuff to talk about!

Master Gracey
03-19-2002, 04:28 PM
I usually use my index finger... my middle finger is reserved for when the game is ripping me off!

http://members.aol.com/hallofhead/organ.jpg

Plewis
03-19-2002, 06:04 PM
i always use index, but i heard that middle is faster. But I never tried it

No Fear 23
03-19-2002, 07:28 PM
yo, i use my middle finger the most when i get killed by them lil grunts for throwing a plasma grenade at me:mad:

Kleen
03-20-2002, 10:50 AM
I use my index fingers. M$ should have put the black $ white buttons above the triggers so you could pull off more button combos.

Exatox
03-20-2002, 11:35 AM
You guys are crazy. I think it's terrible having to use the triggers in racing games. I like to accelerate and brake with the right analog. I'd like my right trigger to be my emergency brake like on midnight club, but no luck on any or the games yet...

BTW i only use my middle finger when I am going semi-auto on someone!:D

Chr0nik
03-20-2002, 11:57 AM
I gotta use my index fingers cause my thumbs are usually up my

nose. :D

JJaX
03-20-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Kleen
I use my index fingers. M$ should have put the black $ white buttons above the triggers so you could pull off more button combos.

Thats a great idea. I really hate the location of the Black & White buttons. But im used to it now, But having a L2 and R2 would have been nice instead of B&W

kornavs19
03-20-2002, 01:46 PM
as stated b4 it depends on the games. I used my middle finger for Wreckless and sometimes PGR. It all depends

VAN
03-20-2002, 02:26 PM
Index fingers on the triggers? Hmmm. I'll hafta try that.

I've been using my pinky fingers for trigger action, ring fingers for the thumbsticks, thumbs for black & white buttons, and the big toe of my left foot for the jelly beans.

Maybe if I try your method these pesky cramps will go away.

Xbox Owner
03-20-2002, 05:27 PM
Index fingers are so much easier..in my opinion