PDA

View Full Version : Halo (Day dreaming about a game)

JJaX
03-19-2002, 02:21 PM
i know halo was orginally suppost to be a RTS(real time strategy) like command & conquer and starcraft.

Well you know how C&C was etablished then they created C&C renegade where you play as the GDi commando like a FPS.

What if they did the vice versa with halo.

Imagine a RTS game humans vs covenant. Roll into enemy territory with like 12 pelicans full of marines and a few spartans.
Spartan is the class soldier that master chief was
rolling around with a pack of warthogs (almost like NOD buddies from C&C)

I even see potential as the flood as a 3rd race too. Oh the possibiltys are endless....................

khaos2005
03-19-2002, 02:32 PM
Well Jaxx, seeing as RTS games are my favorite, I would love the idea. I actually did not know Halo was supposed to be an RTS game, but I like the idea a lot. I'd be all for it.

JJaX
03-19-2002, 02:36 PM
hell yeah! good to see some RTS people in these forums.
Starcraft + C&C Own!

E-Vader
03-19-2002, 02:54 PM
Now that game I would love to play, RTS's are the next best games from FPS.

C&C Red Alert 2
Yuri's Revenge
C&C Tiberian Sun
Emperor: Battle For Dune
Empire Earth
Dark Reign II
Ground Control
Age Of Empires II + Conqerors
StarCraft
:cool:

Batman2372
03-19-2002, 02:56 PM
Now you're talking my language, JJax...

Since Halo has been filling my FPS needs, I've been playing a lot of Galactic Battlegrounds to fill the RTS portion of me currently.

The ability to mix the two genres together.... now THAT would be something cool.

JJaX
03-19-2002, 03:20 PM
Maybe if the halo franshise keeps it up we will one day see this type of game. Plus the fact that halo was meant to be a RTS at 1st also gives me the chills :cool:

xboxmaster2002
03-19-2002, 03:20 PM
i was just thinking about that last night and I was saying how cool it would be thats ironic lol

Hugh_Jass
03-19-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by E-Vader
Now that game I would love to play, RTS's are the next best games from FPS.

C&C Red Alert 2
Yuri's Revenge
C&C Tiberian Sun
Emperor: Battle For Dune
Empire Earth
Dark Reign II
Ground Control
Age Of Empires II + Conqerors
StarCraft
:cool:

At first glance I thought you said, "Yar's Revenge". Lol. Old school gamers know that RTS games weren't even around in those days.

Anyway, I would definitely be interested in an RTS for the XBOX.

E-Vader
03-20-2002, 05:10 AM
posted by

Hugh_Jass

At first glance I thought you said, "Yar's Revenge". Lol. Old school gamers know that RTS games weren't even around in those days.

I'm confused now.

Exatox
03-20-2002, 11:39 AM
Doesn't anybody play Master of Orion series??

Englishguy
03-20-2002, 06:02 PM
Love RTS games and strategy games in general. You all should head to the STRATEGY GAME Threads on this forum as they are really lacking in posters. Would be cool to throw around some Ideas for a HALO RTS game. C'mon Down!

Alien
03-21-2002, 03:22 PM
Man, Age of Empire II ex. is the best game besides Halo. Empire Earth is pretty cool too, i play all three a lot.