PDA

View Full Version : Just got first demo disk-Amped question

Mahlon
03-19-2002, 02:28 PM
Just got my demo disk. Having a ball playing Amped. My girlfriend, who used to teasingly call me a dork for buying a video game machine, grabbed the controller and now she likes it. I will buy the game, but until this weekend can someone tell me what the heck a "grab" or a "jib" is???

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 02:35 PM
Definately get Amped!!! It's awesome! One of my favorite games! Definately within my top #3 favorites! :)

A grab is when your boarder is in the air and grabs the board. For example, a "nose grab" is when the boarder, while in the air, reaches to the top of the board and holds it...stylish move :D

Also, there are several other grabs, like Nose Grab, Tail Grab, Indy Nosebone, Tweak, and many others. They are simply additional grabs. Keep in mind that he also does barrel rolls, Front and back flips, Spins, sliding on rails (also sliding on the nose and tail) and so on. There are insurmountable tricks that you can do and as you progress through the game, you "learn" (unlock) new moves after beating the pros! You'll see it once you get it! Get Amped!!! :D

Hugh_Jass
03-19-2002, 06:22 PM
That's the one thing I didn't like about AMPED. There is no tutorial. If you aren't familiar with the "sport" then you've got a lot of research (or guessing) to do.

Jon27
03-19-2002, 07:02 PM
i love the game

amped on my demo disk didnt work, i was kinda mad, but at least i already had the game so it didnt matter

amped (http://www.xboxxtreme.net/cgi-bin/reviews/viewnews.cgi?id=EpEyFlEZkFfSkgIoBB)

KevinM
03-19-2002, 10:41 PM
I was enjoying Amped quite a bit until it came time to get the damn babbling snowmen. The first few boards were fine but when you reach the higher levels the snowmen are stuck in some of the most unruley places that seem unreachable via board... helicopter maybe. :rolleyes: Alas I have given up basically on getting all of them. Next.

Rochey69r
03-20-2002, 12:27 AM
amped rules get it!!

i have a question though can you unlock arnette goggles??

i really want them!:eek: