PDA

View Full Version : Home screen customization?

DJ tx
06-24-2017, 11:26 PM
I like my xb one s, but one complaint is that the dashboard seems cluttered to me. Is there any way to customize what appears on screen and make it a bit more minimal? Seems to have lots of redundancy. As an example seems to have links to "games and apps" in multiple places. Also, you have the headings across the top in a horizontal arrangement, as well as the shortcuts along the left side vertically. Feels like 2 menuing systems. I'm really hoping for a sleeker interface. I'm not finding anything in settings so I'm guessing there's nothing I can do until MS decides to overhaul the UI. Any thoughts?

Variation-XBA
06-25-2017, 08:32 PM
I like my xb one s, but one complaint is that the dashboard seems cluttered to me. Is there any way to customize what appears on screen and make it a bit more minimal? Seems to have lots of redundancy. As an example seems to have links to "games and apps" in multiple places. Also, you have the headings across the top in a horizontal arrangement, as well as the shortcuts along the left side vertically. Feels like 2 menuing systems. I'm really hoping for a sleeker interface. I'm not finding anything in settings so I'm guessing there's nothing I can do until MS decides to overhaul the UI. Any thoughts?

Not really, the only customization you can do is change the background picture and play with your pins, that's about it.

DJ tx
06-26-2017, 08:23 AM
Not really, the only customization you can do is change the background picture and play with your pins, that's about it.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Oh well. Maybe a future dashboard update will improve on this.