PDA

View Full Version : hi addicts,who's used the dvd part of the xbox?

LINKINPARK8591
03-19-2002, 04:30 PM
sup well i'm just wonderin if anyone has used the dvd part of the xbox,i havent i just use it for games but i wanted to know if anyone has use it....i wanna know if it works any good for dvd...........well laterz..............cuz i just plan to use xbox for games since that's what it was made for......................although it's good having dvd on it, though i don't think anyone uses it especially since u have to buy that extra things to use the feature...well laterzzzzzz

Piccolo_DBz
03-19-2002, 04:33 PM
My friend bought me the DVD playback remote for christmas and I have to say that it's a sweet feature. There is NO hangups that I've seen and all the DVD movies that I've put in it work. The picture is crisp and sound is clear, it rivals a bargian dvd player. Excellent addon.

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 04:36 PM
I have, love it, and recommend it if you don't already own a DVD player :)

E-Xbox
03-19-2002, 05:07 PM
hey

my friend bought me the remote for xmas...
and its amazing
i have a dvd player also...
but the quality is way better on the xbox....
the picture is amazing...
this is a definate pick-up for a true xba....

peace

tech
03-19-2002, 05:11 PM
I have it and it works great. It rivials my toshiba dvd player that now sits in my living room. Hey just program your universal remote to RCA and you are all set.

DZNUTZ
03-19-2002, 05:12 PM
MY OPINION= See above post ^ ^ ^

LynxFX
03-19-2002, 05:15 PM
Only thing is that if you have an HDTV or EDTV then buy a progressive scan player. Picture quality is sooo much better and you can take advantage of 480p and anamorphic dvds. Plus as Hugh_Jass has said before, less wear and tear on your Xbox.

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Only thing is that if you have an HDTV or EDTV then buy a progressive scan player. Picture quality is sooo much better and you can take advantage of 480p and anamorphic dvds. Plus as Hugh_Jass has said before, less wear and tear on your Xbox.

^--------Excellent point right here :D

JADE8704
03-19-2002, 05:27 PM
yep i've used it...funny thing is, my family uses it more than i do, so sometimes i never get to play my xbox :( ..yes MY xbox..i paid for it after saving for 6 months :D

redrum237
03-19-2002, 05:27 PM
u can use a universal remote on xbox???

Plewis
03-19-2002, 05:49 PM
I bought my xbox too! I worked all summer, and about wasted it all on the xbox... not that its a waste. ;) I had to buy just about everything on my own except for christmas presents, and the naki case:cool:

EDIT: I forgot that I was going to say I use my xbox dvd too, and so does my family

Hugh_Jass
03-19-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by redrum237

Yes, but you still need the dongle.

Dre
03-19-2002, 06:57 PM
Its definitely missing a couple of cool features on the remote/menu though. I would of liked different slow-mo features, a zoom that you can actually change the zoom location and not always centred, etc.

Its good though, alot better than the DVD-Rom/decoder card setup I had before.

Lates

No Fear 23
03-19-2002, 07:24 PM
i heard that the xbox dvd kit dosent have the menu thing (the menu where the movie takes u to select ur options and stuff)like other dvd players. i heard this from an employee at best buy. i dont think i believe him now.(must be an ps2lover). So, is taht guy saying is tru? i hope not:confused:

Dre
03-19-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by irule23
i heard that the xbox dvd kit dosent have the menu thing (the menu where the movie takes u to select ur options and stuff)like other dvd players. i heard this from an employee at best buy. i dont think i believe him now.(must be an ps2lover). So, is taht guy saying is tru? i hope not:confused:

Man, I guess they just hire anyone at Best Buy. Thats one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

TEA
03-19-2002, 07:49 PM
I think I'll probably get a DVD kit for Xbox.

Master Gracey
03-19-2002, 08:12 PM
I've used the DVD playback kit and I'll tell you that I'm impressed. They put in features that are only on the most expensive players.

The only problem with it is ease of use... it's hard to find where certain functions are using the remote. But once you figure it out, everything works like a charm.

http://members.aol.com/hallofhead/organ.jpg

GreenFire
03-19-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Its definitely missing a couple of cool features on the remote/menu though. I would of liked different slow-mo features, a zoom that you can actually change the zoom location and not always centred, etc.

Its good though, alot better than the DVD-Rom/decoder card setup I had before.

Lates

you can zoom other places, you just gotta exit outta the menu and then use the arrows

fanofslipknotib
03-19-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by GreenFire

you can zoom other places, you just gotta exit outta the menu and then use the arrows

Nice! I didn't know that. I think I'll try that.

Yes, I do have it, and I love it. Works just fine for me.

Bakeman
03-20-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by redrum237

I just got the DVD Playback Kit a few days ago! WOOT! It works great, the 2nd nite I was like DOH! Why not program it into my universal remote!

It works great with my Sima SUR-20 (touch screen) Universal Remote Control.

Crazy Joe
03-20-2002, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by GreenFire

ya it took me a while to figure this out, it just ****es me off that you have to exit the menu to move around, then reenter the menu to change the zoom to normal

ftyards
03-20-2002, 10:10 AM
I use it, I think its good too, since it is my only dvd player

Spaztic
03-20-2002, 12:08 PM
It was a 30 bucks well spent! Good dvd player, would suggest anyone that owns the xbox to get the dvd playback kit!