PDA

View Full Version : Controllers: Wrap or Fold??

gtaplayer
03-19-2002, 07:48 PM
hey all i just want to kno how do u wrap up your controllers? like do u take the wires and fold them neatly or do u wrap the wire around the controller or do u just leave the wire in the plug so all ur controllers get tangled?? i just want to kno what ya do?

Skarp
03-19-2002, 07:54 PM
um....I wrap mine, but in the grand scheme of things does it really matter?

gtaplayer
03-19-2002, 07:57 PM
no it doesnt really matter but i just want to kno what people do cuz i think if i wrap it around the controller wont the wire start to tear aafter a while?

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 08:09 PM
Wrapper here!

Piccolo_DBz
03-19-2002, 08:18 PM
Both. One wrapped the other folded :D

wweomaniac
03-19-2002, 08:18 PM
Well... My XBOX is on the top of my stereo speaker beside my TV. My stereo speaker is about 4 1/2 feet off the ground. therefore I have no tangling problems since only a small portion of the cord can get tangled (the part thats on the graound). But it never gets tabgled, so I don't hafta worry.

try to imagine that. Its quite a good solution for the messy tangling.

JADE8704
03-19-2002, 08:25 PM
i wrap mine..even though i heard that sometimes, it can mess up the wire thats inside the tube thing...thats how my sega controller broke :(

Hugh_Jass
03-19-2002, 08:25 PM
When I'm away from the XBOX I just put the controller on the floor and there it sits until I pick it up again.

No wrapping.
No folding.

JADE8704
03-19-2002, 08:27 PM
question is...do any of you cover your xbox with a sheet so that it doesn't collect any dust, and also wipe the xbox jewel constantly so that there arent any scratches?? i do...:D

Master Gracey
03-19-2002, 09:09 PM
We don't do anything with ours... that room is hardly ever used, so they just sit out, ready to play!

http://members.aol.com/hallofhead/organ.jpg

Frostberg
03-19-2002, 09:12 PM
I put my controllers on the digital cable receiver, which is under the little shelf below the Xbox, and I just shove the cords back there so it appears that its neat because you only see the controllers...Im so sneeky!

fanofslipknotib
03-19-2002, 11:22 PM
I take the controller out of the linline release and wrap it around my controller, and put it in my xbox spot. Then little 4 inch part that actually goes into the Xbox stays in there at ALL times. I dont want dust getting into the controller slots. I'm lucky, because I have 3 controllers, and te dvd kit, so no dust is getting in on mine!

And yes, I find myself wiping my xbox all the time. I sometimes even clean the nooks and cranny's with Q Tips. Hey, I paid 300 bucks for this thing!

crazyotto
03-19-2002, 11:31 PM
in school one of my teachers said there is no stupid question... she never said there wold be such pointless questions. j/k my main man but both are a waste of time and ever since nov 15 I have no time for anything :)

88mph
03-20-2002, 02:53 AM
Does anybody else shine the jewl on the controller ?????? or is it just me????:)

E-Vader
03-20-2002, 06:14 AM
I've got one big recliner that I sit in when playing games and watch movies so the controler sits on the left hand side arm rest and the PS2's (SHOCK) controler sits on the right hand side.

The Xbox is in a cabinet (with the PS2) along with the amp,CD player an' DVD player and I drilled a halfhole through the bottom of the glass door for the controler cables to go through when I shut the door.:D

Rancey
03-20-2002, 06:33 AM
I sit on a recliner as well so the controller rests on the coffee table next to it, no folding or wrapping.

Edit: I don't cover my Xbox in plastic or wipe off the dust either :p

gtaplayer
03-20-2002, 09:21 AM
no i dont think i can say i clean the jewel manly because its plastic and i think its uhly...if the jewel was sorta like diamond kinda and it glowed then i would be allover the thing but other then that i dont

Frink
03-20-2002, 02:56 PM
I used to wrap my controller cords but they always got tangled. I found that if you fold the cord in half it doesn't tangle. So I take all my controllers and fold the cord in half several times. After that I take two twist ties and tie them around the cord. It keeps my controllers tidy and organized.

thejoker
03-20-2002, 03:06 PM
I guess I'm different.... I fold my controller cords. I use a Velcro tie to hold the cables together. I don't cover my box, but I catch myself wiping off the jewel sometimes.

Later,
JayT - the.JOKER

Spaztic
03-20-2002, 03:26 PM
I actually wrap them around my dog...so I guess I am guilty of wrapping as well!

l Maximus l
03-20-2002, 03:28 PM
I lick off the dust if there is any collected on the XBox. :p

Kooster
03-20-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I lick off the dust if there is any collected on the XBox. :p Eww! Thats sick! I use a puffy feather duster to dust my Xbox. I also always leave the games in their cases. Oh, and I wrap my controllers.:p

DZNUTZ
03-20-2002, 04:16 PM
i wrap my controllers....guess i'm just to damn lazy to fold em and twist tie like that other guy...but a couple question for y'all....first...am i the only one who is wondering where to fit all theses damn things...i me seriously...i luv the xbox more then any o my other consoles by a pretty good margin..but damn does it take up space..not that i mind the size of the console...ya know what they say...if ya got a good tool u need to build a shed over it ( or at least thats what i say when women rub my beer belly at the bars)...but more so of the space it takes to harbor four of those controllers....you can't even line em all in front of the xbox their so big. also...anyone else ever used to grab their wrapped up controllers by the plug, raise your hand high ...and just drop that baby and watch it unwrap itself till it barely finished while still having space to clear the floort? not with the xbox's..u try that and your gonna get a big THUD!!! unless your shaq or something. its well worth not being able to do that, to have a longer cord...just something i miss.

Snoopy7548
03-20-2002, 04:47 PM
i dont do either, when im done playing, i just put my controller on the ground and walk away:D