PDA

View Full Version : Halo - Just finished! QUESTIONS FOR YOU! :) (spoilers)

Raph
03-19-2002, 08:31 PM
Alright.. first off, let me say. WOW. I just finished halo, and damn!

I must say that some of the gameplay/leves where a bit
repetetive - even brainless point and shoot (small amount, but I gota be honest). But DAMN, the last level WAS GREAT! I had a little too much driving thru the ship at the end!

Okay, now my questions... I either just didn't pick up the following, or someone walked in and decided to talk to me while a cut scene was playing -

The flood - I don't understand it? Those things take over human's bodies and turn them into.. those things? What do they have to do with halo?

The Robot things (lol) - What the hell are they doing there? and what's with the blue floating 'eye'? why does he 'help' us in the library, but is against us the rest?

Halo - what is it doing that I want to destroy it so badly?

Covenant - as I understand it, we fell on this planet because we where fighting them and the ship got wrecked etc etc.. why are they on halo?

AHH, so confused.. I hope someone, or some people can clear this up - too many things I don't know, and I finished the game already!

Thnx in advanced!!!

buckminster
03-22-2002, 12:21 PM
Um, did you have the volume turned off when you were playing, or did you just not listen to the dialogue? No offense meant, but play the game again and listen to what they are saying, the game's story isn't that complicated...

Alien
03-23-2002, 09:42 AM
also, to read the stories of the flood, Halo, covenant and other things in HALO..... http://www.halo.bungie.com

robnyack
03-26-2002, 11:57 AM
Um, did you have the volume turned off when you were playing

LOL!

I just finished the game last night (yea, so I'm slow...kill me!). All I can say is....WHAT A GAME! Wow....the last few "chapters" were fantastic. The finale was just the best.

This game is THE best shooter game ever. There can be no question about that. It was fun, exciting, and involving almost the whole way through. There were a few spots in the middle where the game was a bit tedious, but the rest is so good, that my slight critisism barely registers.

What a ride. What a blast.

the x boxer
03-26-2002, 03:11 PM
i just finished halo too and it is amazing but to the guy that didnt listen here is some explanations

1-the flood is just another alien race that fancied a trip to halo

2-the machines want to use halo to kill everything in the galaxy so that the flood will starve. the blue floating eye is the brain of the machines and he helps you so that you can help him kill everyone

3-the halo is a super weapon that can kill everything in a 250.000 mile radius and it contains half of the covenant and you dont want the flood to reach earth

4-the covenant know that halo is a super weapon and it has some religious importance but they didnt know the flood was on it

i hope that helps you, my work here is done sorry if i have been talkin bull sheesh but this is right to my knowledge

Jacob
03-27-2002, 12:13 PM
you must of been doing some mindless shooting while pressing buttons and skiped the cinema scenes. The storyline was great!:)

E Nomini Patri
03-28-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by the x boxer
i just finished halo too and it is amazing but to the guy that didnt listen here is some explanations

1-the flood is just another alien race that fancied a trip to halo

2-the machines want to use halo to kill everything in the galaxy so that the flood will starve. the blue floating eye is the brain of the machines and he helps you so that you can help him kill everyone

3-the halo is a super weapon that can kill everything in a 250.000 mile radius and it contains half of the covenant and you dont want the flood to reach earth

4-the covenant know that halo is a super weapon and it has some religious importance but they didnt know the flood was on it

i hope that helps you, my work here is done sorry if i have been talkin bull sheesh but this is right to my knowledge

Sorry to say this but most of those answers are way off:eek: .

1. The Forerunner (a mysterious, powerful alien race that disappeared) built Halo to study the Flood, which they apparently created. The Flood is a parasitic species with a simple reproduction procedure. The spores (little octopus things that swarm you in large numbers) attach themselves to a host (dead Marine, dead Elite, any other suitable creature that is dead) and embed themselves into the chest cavity and take control of the body and mutate it into a Flood worker/warrior or carrier. The worker/warriors are the guys that have tentacles grown on their arms and can jump really far. The carrier Flood (I like to call them nutsacks :)) walk to a host and detonate to realease the spores to infect the host. That explains the Flood. (You can read into more detail here: The Flood (halo.bungie.org/flood)

2. The "robot things" are Sentinels. They were put on Halo by the Forerunner to contain the spore Flood to prevent an outbreak on Halo. Their beam weapon works extremely well on the spores, but not the worker/warriors. The "blue eye" is 343 Guilty Spark, the AI left on Halo by the Forerunner to monitor Halo and repair/maintain it when necessary. He helps you in the Library because he wants you to reach the Index, to activate Halo (the sinister part of his plan). When he takes the Index to the control room, he discovers Cortana in the core. Cortana reveals 343 Guilty Sparks plan to activate Halo and wipe out all sentient life in the galaxy by activating Halo to Master Chief, who asks 343 Guilty Spark if that is the truth. Guilty Spark says it is and from then on, tries to keep you from destroying Halo (along with doing its best to activate it before you destroy it).

3. Halo is indeed a super weapon that can wipe out anything within 25,000 light years (a light year is the distance light travels in a year). 343 Guilty Spark is trying to activate it and that's why you are trying to destroy it.

4. Your ship, The Pillar of Autumn just escaped a battle to a "random" spot in space. The Covenant followed you because they knew that Halo was a weapon that was very powerful and they don't want you (the humans) to take control of it and use it against them. That is why, when you land on Halo, the Covenant tries to stop you from reaching the control room to activate Halo.

That is as best as I can explain it!:D

chaos
04-10-2002, 03:16 PM
i finished halo a long time ago but i'm still puzzled about one thing:

how exactly DOES halo wipe the galaxy clean of sentinent life?

is it like a really big nuke?

Bungie, please explain

Yolo
04-10-2002, 04:46 PM
actually, I believe that Halo was some sort of mayonnaise deployment device. That is how it was to rid the world of life... How it did it, I'm not sure. I'm just sayin'...

No Fear 23
04-10-2002, 08:00 PM
get this book, Halo the fall of reach. this book answers all of ur questions, this is a prequel to the game Halo. its a great book!

Plewis
04-10-2002, 08:03 PM
dont think just play... who cares how it takes out all life forms. But how come they cant jsut take out the flood without all the other life forms... but dont think about it... JUST PLAY! and those of you who just finished... multiplayer is even better! Me and my friends play all the time. play Derelict Blood Gultch and Hang 'Em High

SpartanSniper
06-07-2002, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Raph
Alright.. first off, let me say. WOW. I just finished halo, and damn!

I must say that some of the gameplay/leves where a bit
repetetive - even brainless point and shoot (small amount, but I gota be honest). But DAMN, the last level WAS GREAT! I had a little too much driving thru the ship at the end!

Okay, now my questions... I either just didn't pick up the following, or someone walked in and decided to talk to me while a cut scene was playing -

The flood - I don't understand it? Those things take over human's bodies and turn them into.. those things? What do they have to do with halo?

The Robot things (lol) - What the hell are they doing there? and what's with the blue floating 'eye'? why does he 'help' us in the library, but is against us the rest?

Halo - what is it doing that I want to destroy it so badly?

Covenant - as I understand it, we fell on this planet because we where fighting them and the ship got wrecked etc etc.. why are they on halo?

AHH, so confused.. I hope someone, or some people can clear this up - too many things I don't know, and I finished the game already!

Thnx in advanced!!!

The Flood - They were left on Halo by the forerunners. Yes, their only job is to kill and infect anything in their path. No one really KNOWS why though.

The Robot things - He helps you because he thinks you are Forerunner......at least until later when you find out you were helping him kill all sentient life on the planet. You try to stop him.

Halo - Is a temporary "home" for the flood until they can infest another planet. One Halo ring planet supplied by the flood can infect everything within 10,000 lightyears.

Covenant - They were chasing you to get Cortana because she knows the location of earth. They were already on Halo exploring.

Still confused???? Then read the book that was a prequel to Halo. The book is called Halo: The Fall of Reach. It is the BEST book I have ever read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ SpartanSniper

Alec
06-10-2002, 11:17 AM
Well, That about sums it up. :)

Xbox Owner
06-10-2002, 02:44 PM
When did you get halo? I mean..it doesn' take that long to beat..

SpartanSniper
06-10-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
When did you get halo? I mean..it doesn' take that long to beat..

Very true.

Plewis
06-10-2002, 10:19 PM
wow another thread that was pointlessly bumped up that I read all the way through just to realize I already posted in it 3 months ago... what are you guys trying to do... boost ur post count by replying to dead threads or soemthing:mad:

Xbox Owner
06-11-2002, 10:38 AM
Ahh...I thought it was new, since it was at the top...:confused:

Masta Chief
06-11-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

1. The Forerunner (a mysterious, powerful alien race that disappeared) built Halo to study the Flood, which they apparently created. The Flood is a parasitic species with a simple reproduction procedure. The spores (little octopus things that swarm you in large numbers) attach themselves to a host (dead Marine, dead Elite, any other suitable creature that is dead) and embed themselves into the chest cavity and take control of the body and mutate it into a Flood worker/warrior or carrier. The worker/warriors are the guys that have tentacles grown on their arms and can jump really far. The carrier Flood (I like to call them nutsacks :)) walk to a host and detonate to realease the spores to infect the host. That explains the Flood. (You can read into more detail here: The Flood (halo.bungie.org/flood)

2. The "robot things" are Sentinels. They were put on Halo by the Forerunner to contain the spore Flood to prevent an outbreak on Halo. Their beam weapon works extremely well on the spores, but not the worker/warriors. The "blue eye" is 343 Guilty Spark, the AI left on Halo by the Forerunner to monitor Halo and repair/maintain it when necessary. He helps you in the Library because he wants you to reach the Index, to activate Halo (the sinister part of his plan). When he takes the Index to the control room, he discovers Cortana in the core. Cortana reveals 343 Guilty Sparks plan to activate Halo and wipe out all sentient life in the galaxy by activating Halo to Master Chief, who asks 343 Guilty Spark if that is the truth. Guilty Spark says it is and from then on, tries to keep you from destroying Halo (along with doing its best to activate it before you destroy it).

3. Halo is indeed a super weapon that can wipe out anything within 25,000 light years (a light year is the distance light travels in a year). 343 Guilty Spark is trying to activate it and that's why you are trying to destroy it.

4. Your ship, The Pillar of Autumn just escaped a battle to a "random" spot in space. The Covenant followed you because they knew that Halo was a weapon that was very powerful and they don't want you (the humans) to take control of it and use it against them. That is why, when you land on Halo, the Covenant tries to stop you from reaching the control room to activate Halo.

Hey star wars fan man, I don't know if you remember me but we met along time ago in the strategy section, and I left this forum fo a long time. Well I am back. I just have to say I am disgusted by the lack of knowledge. If you listen to the information especially from cortana and guilty sparks (the eye thing) you will learn alot. Read the book. I beat the game before reading the book and I understood everything...I am only 13 too. This is just sad.

SpartanSniper
06-12-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Masta Chief

Hey star wars fan man, I don't know if you remember me but we met along time ago in the strategy section, and I left this forum fo a long time. Well I am back. I just have to say I am disgusted by the lack of knowledge. If you listen to the information especially from cortana and guilty sparks (the eye thing) you will learn alot. Read the book. I beat the game before reading the book and I understood everything...I am only 13 too. This is just sad.

I just read what star wrote and I agree completely. He REALLY needs to read the book.....a couple times.

SpartanSniper
06-12-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

Some of your answers are WAY off too. For one, Cortana took the ship to a NAV point she found in space off a rock that was found on Sigma Octanus IV. It wasn't RANDOM at all. If you want more answers then read Halo: The Fall of Reach.

Xbox Owner
06-12-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by SpartanSniper

Some of your answers are WAY off too. For one, Cortana took the ship to a NAV point she found in space off a rock that was found on Sigma Octanus IV. It wasn't RANDOM at all. If you want more answers then read Halo: The Fall of Reach.

Yeah! It's a great book, read it a couple of months ago..

SpartanSniper
06-12-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner

Yeah! It's a great book, read it a couple of months ago..

I've read the book a good 5 times.....yes, I'm a Halo addict.

Masta Chief
06-16-2002, 07:42 AM
I read it in a weekend...Yes, I couldn't put it down..

Spike Minoda
06-16-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
wow another thread that was pointlessly bumped up that I read all the way through just to realize I already posted in it 3 months ago... what are you guys trying to do... boost ur post count by replying to dead threads or soemthing:mad:

thats exactly what happened to me except i never posted yet
:eek: you know i am not a spammer

UnitedKingdom
06-17-2002, 06:25 AM
Who is the author of this book? I want it real bad!!

E Nomini Patri
06-17-2002, 11:44 AM
To clear everything up, I posted that before I read the book. I have now read it 3+ times, so I agree that some of the info is off. I was just basing it on the game's standpoint, thank you very much. (Which info besides the statement in #4 about why the Covenant are following you and why the Flood is on Halo?)

By the way, thanks for correcting me on everything, and it's good to see you back Masta Chief! :)

E Nomini Patri
06-17-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by UnitedKingdom
Who is the author of this book? I want it real bad!!

The author is Eric Nylund and the title is Halo: the Fall of Reach. You probably won't find this book at your local Wal-Mart or Target, so you might have to order at a bookstore or something.

SpartanSniper
06-18-2002, 12:47 AM
Halo: The Fall of Reach = BEST BOOK EVER

Masta Chief
06-20-2002, 07:39 AM
I have to give offical xbox magazine MAJOR props. My dad didn't want to get live..so I read him their article on xbox live..Guess what he said he will think about it..I just have to be good for 5 months...:D

Killa_Kujo
07-02-2002, 06:24 PM
can sum1 plz get rid of this thread its hella old.........:( :o