PDA

View Full Version : Gunvalkyrie not as good as expected??

NomadLLama
03-19-2002, 10:13 PM
hey. all of you real addicts would probably get games the day they come out. I haven't been to the store for a while, and I think that Gunvalkyrie comes out 3/19, which is today. those of u who have it ( if it did come out today) is it really that bad? i mean, I just saw gamepro's evaluation of the game and they said that the controls are crap. so what's the deal? gamepro always gives out the easiest reviews. hmmm.. and the official xbox magazine said that it was a pretty good game. so how is it???

Piccolo_DBz
03-19-2002, 10:18 PM
Well I haven't gotten it but IGN gave it a pretty good score.

Presentation
It's in 1906 and there are colonists and giant bugs on other planets! Great backstory and awesome immersion in a parallel universe. 9.0

Graphics
Extremely polished textures and superb animations make this game look and move like nothing else. The style is consistent throughout. Not a hiccup in the framerate. 10.0

Sound
Effective use of directional sound but the sound effects themselves aren't as horrifying as we would've liked. 8.0

Gameplay
Re-invents the premise of blasting aliens/bugs with outstanding innovation. The steep learning curve doesn't take away from pure fun once you get the hang of it. 9.0

Lasting Appeal
As deep and engaging as a single player game can be. Any game that measures how many times you've cleared it has strong replay value. 8.0