PDA

View Full Version : I Just Gotsta Know

Aussie_18
03-20-2002, 05:44 AM
Hey all,

You can probably tell by my name and sig that im an aussie and am a proud owner of the black box and was thinking about which game i should invest on next...

Ive been think either Amped or JSRF and was wondering if you guys could advise me on which to get....

Ive heard many great things about both but cant make up my god damn mind, so any help would be GREATLY appreciated :D

Cheers, Aussie_18

Exatox
03-20-2002, 05:49 AM
get amped. I mean honestly, what's the point of running around graffiting everything? It's pointless. Just like GTA3

Aussie_18
03-20-2002, 05:51 AM
I definately see what u mean....

any other views peeps?

Halo of Flies
03-20-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Exatox
get amped. I mean honestly, what's the point of running around graffiting everything? It's pointless. Just like GTA3
They're both great games! Also..

1) GTA3 is NOT pointless.
2) How do you 'run' with skates on?
3) Skating around, doing stunts and leaving tags is no more pointless than going down a mountain with a plank strapped to your feet.

My advice - find a gameshop that will let you try before you buy or rent them.

FuNkY mOnK
03-20-2002, 08:32 AM
Aussie_18 first off, before you go any further, did you play Halo? If not I highly recommend playing that first. if you like sports try NBA 2K2 very good. rally racing is ok, SH2 not bad , wreckless shows what happens when you tap the power of xbox, rent first. ask this same question in a few months and well make your jaw drop.

JJaX
03-20-2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Exatox

Dude your pointless......

learn to play the game you'll realize its not pointless.

El Pollo Loco
03-20-2002, 10:49 AM
Both are good games. Personally I would go with amped though... no reason other than I like amped better.

l Maximus l
03-20-2002, 11:11 AM
Personally, JSRF hasn't gotten me nearly as pumped up about Amped! Amped is my #3 game that I own out of a total of 11 games! Amped is simply an amazing game! It's only third to Halo and Rallisport Challenge (Halo being #1 and Rallisport Challenge being #2). The game is simply awesome!!

Hey, were you a fan of 1080 on the N64? If so, Amped is kind of similar to the "Trick Attack" mode on 1080 but it is 100 times better! There are no "gates" you have to go through to extend your time as Amped primarily focuses on Freestyle rather than racing. At first, I thought that Amped would have not been all that fun since it had no racing...man, was I wrong!! Amped is the best snowboarding game I have ever played...let's face it, Snowboarding is all about Freestyle, not racing!! I will pick up Transworld Snowboarding to fulfill my racing crave.

Amped several different tricks you can pull off. Many different grabs, jibs, rail slides, flips, spins, barrel rolls, and so on. The gameplay on Amped, to me, is perfect!

In Amped, your mission is to gain total points and media points. Media points are obtained by going of jumps and pulling off some wicked tricks in front of a camera man that stands near a jump. You'll see what I mean! It's awesome!

Also, they also have Sponser runs in which you have to pull of specific tricks to get your Sponser "Amped" (or excited). There is a bar on top of your screen which indicates the level of excitement that the sponsor has in regards to your performance. It first starts out with "bored"...then goes up to "So so", then goes up to "Good", then "Cool", then "AMPED!!"...so, you have to finish the run while the sponsor is AMPED to pass it! Once you do, you gain more skill points and have your picture put on magazine covers and newspapers! It has hilarious interludes that show this!

Also, there is a mode in which you have to beat out a professional snowboarder. These professionals are real professionals in the snowboarding world...real people on real mountain resorts. The graphics on the game are mind blowing and variety that this game presents is amazing! It's very challenging but not impossible which makes it even more fun! I have had this game since November 15, 2001 and it's still my #3 game! That says a lot! :D

Spaztic
03-20-2002, 11:40 AM
Personally, JSRF hasn't gotten me nearly as pumped up about Amped!

Why would JSRF get you pumped up about amped?! :confused:

I havent played Amped but from what I heard it is pretty good!
I do own JSRF though, Its soundtrack is cool, graphics are something worthwhile but I found myself so fustrated on stupid parts of the game multiple times I would scream outloud and then get another beer! I would suggest a rental for JSRF because it is going to be a game that you love or hate! It is a childish theme and kinda corny at points. I am selling it as soon as I beat it! I personally glad I got the game, I like it, but it has not been getting much play time because of rallisport challenge....for real, I am really picky about race games and this by far is the BEST I have ever played!

Final verdict get Rallisport Challenge! :D

l Maximus l
03-20-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls

Why would JSRF get you pumped up about amped?! :confused:

Wow! I really blundered that sentence! I think I was trying to say something else and forgot to rephrase it....I couldn't help it! I love Amped! :D

Aussie_18
03-20-2002, 03:29 PM
Thanx for your help fellow XBA members...

Yes, FuNkY mOnK I own Halo and it is simply the best game I have played in my whole entire life :D

Hmmmm at the moment I think I am gonna get Amped, but i'll goto EB coz of there 7 day return policy and if I dont like it I will take it back and get JSRF :D

It's all good peeps :cool:

Cheers, Aussie_18

kornavs19
03-20-2002, 03:37 PM
get AMPED! Its clearly a better game. JSRF has no point and quite frankly i find it as a pretty stupid and kinda childish game only for the fact that its got no point. Usually a child would play a game with no point and not care but i think that people our age would want a more realistic type of game.

Spaztic
03-20-2002, 04:00 PM
Wow! I really blundered that sentence! I think I was trying to say something else and forgot to rephrase it....I couldn't help it! I love Amped!

Thats cool I understood what you meant...just messing around. Just blame it on the beer!

l Maximus l
03-20-2002, 04:13 PM

Thats cool I understood what you meant...just messing around. Just blame it on the beer!

hehe...that's exactly what I always do! "D a m n Beer!" :D

Sickplaya
03-20-2002, 05:59 PM
Snowboarding games are boring, id go for jsrf, i own jsr on dreamcast and its sweet.

Skarp
03-20-2002, 06:27 PM
It depends on what type of game you want to play. Amped is very realistic, slow paced, and can be frustrating at times but with work it can be rather fun.
JSRF on the other hand is impractical, it probably won't take you long to get good at it, and faced paced.
Just depends on which type you want

Toder
03-21-2002, 06:05 AM
It is a childish theme and kinda corny at points.

Once you beat the game you will see how not childish the game really is.