PDA

View Full Version : DOA 3 question

Darkly
03-20-2002, 07:39 AM
Just rented this, great game. Only the instructions that come with it on rental, just printed on the back of the box, are pretty minimal. It's probably a hideously newbie-esque question, but, how do counters/reversals (whatever they're called) work exactly? :) I've only played for a coupla hours and am not too sure on this point.

MasterToki
03-22-2002, 03:36 PM
Well, if u are still interested (i suggest u to rent the game again...), what does exactly u wanna know? How to do it? How much damage does it take to opponent? What kind of attacks can be reversed?

Pressing BACK direction (like u r walking against opp) and BLOCK button simultaneously any DOA fighter does a reversal. If u do it just when an opponnent attack is going to hit ur fighter, the attack will be reversed. But this revelsal only works on attacks that targets central part of body.

I love revelsas and i think they're almost the best point of DOA.

I'll tell u lot more, if u ask.

Bye.

=)

NomadLLama
03-22-2002, 11:53 PM
here... i think that u should buy the game first of all.

reversals can be done three ways. back x (the "x" button), diagonal (AAAHHHH! diagonals!) up back x, and diagonal down back x. back x is used for middle attacks. Diagonal up back is used for high attacks (Jann Lee's back+right trigger) and diagonal down back x is used for low attacks (a down+right trigger ie. sweep)

counters are used when u do a move that involves more than one button while your opponent is doing an attack. for example, Jann Lee does a punch+kick (white button) and then Kasumi does a right trigger. right there, if Kasumi hit in the middle of Jann lee turning around for his move, then it will be a counter.

hope that helped

Darkly
03-23-2002, 07:27 AM
That did help, thanks guys :)

I am gonna buy the game, was very impressed with it. I guess the instructions probably explain about this anyway, but like I said, with the rental version they don't include the instructions (bah - presumably 'cos people lose them alot, duh). Instead they print a small summary of the instructions on the back of the box, which didn't even mention counters and reversals!

NomadLLama
03-23-2002, 11:55 PM
glad I could help!

but, anyways, if they printed out a summary, they probably just told u the bare basics. they really can't "summarize" a fighting game instruction book. not even the real instruction book can tell u every move for every person...

MasterToki
03-24-2002, 11:50 AM
'M glad u bought DOA3.

Please tell me when u defeat 100 opponents in survival mode (it can't be done without reversals/counters).

:cool: