PDA

View Full Version : To buy or to rent?

crazyotto
03-20-2002, 09:27 AM
New games are a comin and money is hard to find, sometimes. So do you run out and buy games (me: RSC & Wreackless) or rent games first (UFC, Bloodwake, Silent Hill2 I will not get)?

DIGITAL
03-20-2002, 09:38 AM
ill rent an then buy if its a must have,but i usally like to buy multiplayer games for when i entertain friends

ftyards
03-20-2002, 10:15 AM
For the most part I rent one player games to see if they have a good replay value before I buy. And multiplayer games that look good like hunter the reckoning i just will buy.

Batman2372
03-20-2002, 10:48 AM
My wife and I made the rule that we wouldn't buy anything before renting it. We made the exception with Tony Hawk. But it makes so much sense. You wouldn't buy a car before you test drove it to see what it was like. Why would do anything different with anything else?

Nato King
03-20-2002, 10:50 AM
If I was you I would rent. Rent is the safe way to go. Me I would like to rent games but in bermuda they have not started to rent xbox games yet they said sometime in April I am so mad.:mad:

l Maximus l
03-20-2002, 10:54 AM
I rarely rent a game unless I have a "gut feeling" after much research that the game is only going to be half assed. The only game that I own that I was not pleased with was Bloodwake. All of my other purchases are great!

The most anticipated games I am looking forward to getting (and I most likely will not rent them first, but instead, simply buy straight up) is Unreal Championship, Brute Force, and Hunter: The Reckoning. Those seem to be like the types of games that don't need to be rented...just bought!

I also recommend anyone to pick up Rallisport Challenge even if you only "like" racing games! This game is simply a masterpeice! :)

Spaztic
03-20-2002, 11:17 AM
I rent on questionable games such as bloodwake and wreckless. I buy games that I know will have a high replay value (halo, nfl fever, ssx tricky). With hollywood videos deal of 99 cents per game rental for april I can't loose! If you want the coupon go to the off topic discussion part of the forum. I posted a link to get the coupon, and it works great!

Exatox
03-20-2002, 11:32 AM
I'll beat up some kid and take his game. If it isn't good, I only burned a few calories!!:D

DZNUTZ
03-20-2002, 06:16 PM
i just buy and return like a mofo.....even though i can rent games for free....i work alot and got other stuff to do. so i like purchasing games...then i got 10 days to return it if i don't like it. sometimes u can only do this once...but i'm in tight with the workers they they hook me up as many times as i like...and if theirs nothing i want i just keep my money on store credit...shoot i've been playing for 18 or 19 years...i doubt i'm gonna stop anytime soon.

Kortiz
03-20-2002, 06:36 PM
hey maximus, what about project ego and morrowind?

Toder
03-21-2002, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
The most anticipated games I am looking forward to getting (and I most likely will not rent them first, but instead, simply buy straight up) is Unreal Championship, Brute Force, and Hunter: The Reckoning. Those seem to be like the types of games that don't need to be rented...just bought!

I also recommend anyone to pick up Rallisport Challenge even if you only "like" racing games! This game is simply a masterpeice! :)

I got to agree with on those choices Maximus. I'll probally go out and get those games without even thinking twice about renting em.

And RalliSport is also a game I bought without renting and i'm glad I did it. Me and my friends have spent hours upon hours of playing that game. Whats your favorite car? Mines the Toyota Tacoma Hill Climb car. It just looks to cool.