PDA

View Full Version : XBoxconnector.com ROCKS!!!!

l Maximus l
03-20-2002, 10:48 AM
With much motivation from FanofSlipknotib and Xtopia, two great XBA members here, I finally broke down and got on XBoxconnector.com! And, may I say that it is worlds ahead of Gamespy when it comes to the lack of lagging issues!!! It's SOOO much better! However, I must admit that Gamespy's user interface is much nicer. The dudes at XBoxconnector simply use Mirc as the user interface, which works just fine :)

Also, I noticed that the players at XBoxconnector.com are much more skilled than the average person on Gamespy! This is exciting for me as I was starting to feel burned out with the dudes at Gamespy. Finally! I didn't come in first place while playing XBoxconnector! So, this means I have a even more room to increase my skills! I love this!!!

I just thought I would share this and thank FanofSlipknotib and Xtopia for their strong persistence!

To everyone else who is on Gamespy...what are you waiting for!??!?!?!? :D

l Maximus l
03-20-2002, 11:27 AM
No joke, dudes! Get XBoxconnector! I played a game with a total of 10 people on 4 XBoxes and there was zero lag! Well, there was an occasional *hic-up* here and there, but, it's a far cry from Gamespy which actually FREEZES once in a while! So, if you are on Gamespy, seriously consider getting on XBoxconnector.com!

Simply go to www.xboxconnector.com and download it. Also, for the user interface (to communicate), simply download Mirc at www.mirc.com and go the the XBoxconnector page by punching in #XBC. Everyone is just waiting to play!!!

Xtopia
03-20-2002, 11:44 AM
So I see you have finally come to your senses, aye? What I like most about xboxconnector, is obviously, there is little lag! But like you said, the players are better! However, last weekend I took a dude that won a tourney and beet him! Then we hooked up and played as a team (his name is ATrus[EE] he is always on) We made an awesome team!:D
Max, I'll be on this weekend ALOT! look me up and we can go fraggin!
Is your name still [XBA]-Maximus? Mine is still [XBA]-xtopia!
Hope to see you there!

JJaX
03-20-2002, 12:02 PM
When i used the xboxconnector it was really really laggy. Unplayable. But the night before NIK said it was running real nice. I guess we just tried at a bad time.

JADE8704
03-20-2002, 12:08 PM
i would...IF I HAD A HUB:( ...which i dont...i think i'll just wait for the official launch of online play...thanks for the heads up though, max

l Maximus l
03-20-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by JADE8704
i would...IF I HAD A HUB:( ...which i dont...i think i'll just wait for the official launch of online play...thanks for the heads up though, max

JADE!!! Get on-line! It's free, dude! You can get a HUB for under $10!! It's so easy and very innexpensive! I gaurantee you won't feel the need to purchase another game for a long time since you will be having so much fun!

l Maximus l
03-20-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by xtopia
So I see you have finally come to your senses, aye? What I like most about xboxconnector, is obviously, there is little lag! But like you said, the players are better! However, last weekend I took a dude that won a tourney and beet him! Then we hooked up and played as a team (his name is ATrus[EE] he is always on) We made an awesome team!:D
Max, I'll be on this weekend ALOT! look me up and we can go fraggin!
Is your name still [XBA]-Maximus? Mine is still [XBA]-xtopia!
Hope to see you there!

Cool, dude! Yes, mine is still [XBA]-Maximus so I will be very easy to find! By the way, Mirc is pretty cool and easy to use, too! It seems that the people on XBoxconnector.com are so much cooler than the people are on Gamespy. I like it A LOT better! I will be on tonight with a buddy who is coming over to my house :) And, I will be on Friday night with my bro! :D

I'm sure I will be on this Saturday during the day, too, and I will definately look you up, buddy! :)

Xtopia
03-20-2002, 12:25 PM
When i used the xboxconnector it was really really laggy. Unplayable

That is strange! Try it again...and make sure you have the newest version (v .99) just released yesterday! It fixes alot of problems!:)

JJaX
03-20-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by xtopia

That is strange! Try it again...and make sure you have the newest version (v .99) just released yesterday! It fixes alot of problems!:)

I def check it out!

And IRC is a great way to keep in touch and organize!

DZNUTZ
03-20-2002, 12:58 PM
i'm soooo jealous....seriously... i can't wait till i get into my new pad....get dsl...build the bar...sit in my massaging leather chair and frag all ya'll ashes on my broadband connection. practice up foolios...cuz when i arrive..i'm gonna bring the heat.

l Maximus l
03-20-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
i'm soooo jealous....seriously... i can't wait till i get into my new pad....get dsl...build the bar...sit in my massaging leather chair and frag all ya'll ashes on my broadband connection. practice up foolios...cuz when i arrive..i'm gonna bring the heat.

BWHAHAHAHAHA!! Dude, DZNUTZ! That was hilarious! Seriously! I'm not being sarcastic...you know why it's funny? Because when I first was talking trash before getting on line, I thought I was a bad ass and would kill everyone in sight! But, when I discovered how good a lot of the people were on-line, I found my ass in a sling and then personally handed to me with a ribbon and a bow around it! hehe :D

Of course, after a couple months have gone by, I've improved vastly and bring a much heavier arsenal of skill these days...but, thanks for the chuckle! I'll make sure you'll be the first I look up when you get your DSL!! BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!! ;)

DZNUTZ
03-20-2002, 01:19 PM
bring it on maximo....and after we have our lil frag fest ...i'll take the pigskin and drive it up the gut on ya in some online play...

E-Xbox
03-20-2002, 02:20 PM
max....
we still gonna play on GS?
or u want me to get XC also..??

peace

Piccolo_DBz
03-20-2002, 02:36 PM
You can only play halo on it??:confused:

dougi3000
03-20-2002, 02:56 PM
It doesnt work for me, XBC says it is connected but there is no communication. There is no xbox links made, and there is no way to tell if you are actually connected.

I am using a NAT, and it doesnt seem to work. Gamespy is much more user friendly.

l Maximus l
03-20-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
max....
we still gonna play on GS?
or u want me to get XC also..??

peace

Dude, E-XBox...definately get XBC! (XBoxconnector)...it's sooooo worth it! Our games won't lag!!

FuNkY mOnK
03-20-2002, 03:07 PM
Ok, what do i need to hook up? I’m on 56k, don’t laugh, I’m getting roadrunner soon, it’s a cable connection. But what exactly are the specifications in order? If you don’t mind.

l Maximus l
03-20-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by dougi3000
It doesnt work for me, XBC says it is connected but there is no communication. There is no xbox links made, and there is no way to tell if you are actually connected.

I am using a NAT, and it doesnt seem to work. Gamespy is much more user friendly.

Dougi3000....I know exactly what you mean, however, the way people are communicating is through mIRC which can be downloaded at www.mirc.com . Once you download it, there is an icon on the top left...three in from the left in which you can click and select a room. Just type in #XBC and you will be talking with everyone that is in XBoxconnector! It's soooooooo much better! Everyone there wants to play badly!! And, no one cares how many people you have (let's say you only have 1)...everyone there seems so much nicer and they seemed to be much more skilled on average compared to Gamespy people...atleast that's what I have noticed so far!

I find that the experience is great!! But, I understand how confusing it would be if you didn't know about mIRC :)

l Maximus l
03-20-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
Ok, what do i need to hook up? I’m on 56k, don’t laugh, I’m getting roadrunner soon, it’s a cable connection. But what exactly are the specifications in order? If you don’t mind.

Well, to get things hooked up, this is what you need:

Requirements:

1. Broadband (You said you are getting cable, so, you are good here)
2. You need a total of three standard CAT 5 Patch cables (not crossovers)...NOTE: You will probably already get one when you get your modem, so, you will only need two more.
3. You also need to get a 10/100 HUB or Switch. You can get a HUB as cheap as $10. I spent $50 for a Switch, but, you don't have to do that.
4. Download XBoxconnector.com at www.xboxconnector.com . Also, download mIRC at www.mirc.com . Both are free downloads.

Here is how you hook everything up:

1. Plug one CAT 5 cable into your modem and the other end into the input on the HUB labeled "Uplink"
2. Take a second CAT 5 cable and plug it into your Ethernet port on your CPU (it's the only input on the back of your computer that it will possibly plug into) and connect the other end into Port 1 on your HUB. (At this point, you have internet access)
3. Take the final CAT 5 cable and plug it into the back of your super powerful earth shaking XBox and the other end into Port 2 on the HUB.

NOTE: Steps 2 & 3 don't require you to put in the cables in those ports...you can use port 3 or 4, etc...Just don't put them into the uplink port because step 1 requires it. But, of course you knew that! :D

FuNkY mOnK
03-20-2002, 03:36 PM
Thanks maximus, it sounds a little complicated without all the goodies in front of me right now but I’m sure I’ll get it going. i also copy & paste your instructions. And to show my appreciations for your time I’ll go real easy on you when I’m there.

l Maximus l
03-20-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
Thanks maximus, it sounds a little complicated without all the goodies in front of me right now but I’m sure I’ll get it going. i also copy & paste your instructions. And to show my appreciations for your time I’ll go real easy on you when I’m there.

hehe, Funky Monk...thanks for keeping me in mind in taking it easy on me :D hehe...

By the way, I'm a networking novice and even I did it! I tried to explain it as easy as possible. I think NIK2Deep or Shererboat has a picture of how things should look...but, in any case, just let me know if you have further questions and I will be more than happy to "walk" you through getting everything hooked up properly :) Just PM me

Xbox Owner
03-20-2002, 05:25 PM
I think its great also! I've only been there a couple of times though.:D

FuNkY mOnK
03-20-2002, 07:57 PM
Thanks maximus.

fanofslipknotib
03-21-2002, 12:50 AM
Yes Maximus! I saw you in the #xbc tonight, but I guess you were playing a game.

BlackTJ
03-21-2002, 09:06 AM
I saw you as well and talked to ya too but you seem to have joined a gamed... or, just flat out ignored me. I see everyone complaining about lag on GS here and wondered why no one was talking about Xbox Connector. So much better, but like you said, the people are the big difference. I got tired of GS VERY quickly with all the "only experts" and "3lite" players talking crap. Seems to be a lot of "undefeated" people there as well.

Man, I get schooled all the time but as long as it is still fun, I'll keep playing. Look for me if you want a fun game and to up your kill count ;) I am pretty good at CTF as opposed to Slayer where I only like teams so at least some people aren't killing me. ;)

Gotta go work on my "$killz"

fanofslipknotib
03-21-2002, 11:53 AM
Oh yeah, my name is Fanofslip on Mirc. You'll know its me, I just dont have XBA, and my name is shortened.

jschelm
03-21-2002, 02:22 PM
Maximus...thanks for the tip. I just got online and downloaded it. I haven't had a chance to play yet, but so far it looks pretty slick.

Maybe sometime we will have to meet up and you can kill me

l Maximus l
03-21-2002, 05:22 PM
Well, dudes...last night I tried XBoxconnector and I was having some major issues. Last week is when I downloaded XBoxconnector ".98" and, apparently, 2 days ago from today, they came out with an even better version ".99", which Xtopia mentioned earlier on this thread.

When I was upgrading to it, I noticed that I had some problems...I had a buddy over that was extremely anxious to play, however, I couldn't get him to keep his patience so we just went over to Gamespy. Needless to say, XBoxconnector gave me a ton of problems, so, I must be doing something wrong...hmmmmmm....

fanofslipknotib
03-21-2002, 05:37 PM
What kinds of problems? Setting it up? Lag?

jschelm
03-21-2002, 05:39 PM
I just got done playing a game online and it was great (I even won :D ) So maybe there was just a hiccup in the system last night. The only thing that I don't like is trying to talk to the unknown people that are joining your room is very hard to do. (Unless I am missing something)

l Maximus l
03-22-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by fanofslipknotib
What kinds of problems? Setting it up? Lag?

Well, the new software makes it so I couldn't even play 2 other XBoxes with only one person on each! Too bad that you can't tell what the ping is like Gamespy does...so, that kind of blew ass...the game was very laggy.

Also, I played another game that was great! However, the other two dudes I was playing with ended up quitting because it lagged bad on their end.

I haven't had this problem until I downloaded the new software upgrade. The one before was awesome! I could have a total of 4 XBoxes going and only get the tiniest hicup of lag, which wasn't a big deal at all! But now, it sucks the juice out of rocks!

Right now, I'm 100% for Gamespy.

Also, with the XBoxconnector software, they have implemented a strange way to type in an IP address....the other way was so much easier. I don't know, I'm just not impressed anymore...which is too bad, because, before, it was awesome!

Xtopia
03-23-2002, 12:26 AM
Max...as you may recall I was on XBC that night you had some major lag. And yes, I think the new version really sucks! And I also had a buddy over, who was very very very anxious to play! However, earlier today, I went to XBC and it was fine! version 1.0 should be out in the next week! It is supposedly to be awesome! Very user freindly!
Try keep in mind that Gamespy has been up and running for years! (not the tunnel service obviously) They have had time to work out certain problems...XBC on the other hand is quite new...give them time! I have a fealing (I talked to some dudes @ XBC) that version 1.0 is going to be just plain sweet! In the mean time, happy fragging @ gamespy!:)

melon
03-23-2002, 02:41 AM
I gotta get broadband! it's $50 a month here for DSL or Cable

Calve
03-23-2002, 10:25 AM
Hey!!! Is Halo the only game you can play with XBC?!?!?!?!??!:confused:

Xtopia
03-23-2002, 11:55 AM
No calve, you can play any system link capable game!:D This includes Halo, THPS2x, and THPS3!:)

FuNkY mOnK
03-24-2002, 11:17 AM
Lag seems to be an issue with this online gaming? What will be so different when MS launches its online campaign? :confused:

Wreckless
03-24-2002, 12:01 PM
MS online launch won't have lag because:

1) That would screw them

2) Its official so(most likely) won't be free so they have the money to fix those things

Kleen
03-26-2002, 02:48 PM
I set it up, and it found my XBOX. Only when I try to find a game, my XBOX can never find it. It's says, "remote not detected" in XBC. I'm using a Linksys router (w/ firewall), and the external IP that Gamespy reported back to me.

l Maximus l
03-26-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Kleen
I set it up, and it found my XBOX. Only when I try to find a game, my XBOX can never find it. It's says, "remote not detected" in XBC. I'm using a Linksys router (w/ firewall), and the external IP that Gamespy reported back to me.

hmmm....I'm not sure if a router will work. I haven't heard any success stories about routers working, however, it is a little confusing why it wouldn't. I know that you have to disable the firewall if you are using a Switch if you plan on hosting a game. If you decide to join a game, you won't have to have your firewall disabled. Also, the way to communicate with people at XBC is to use IRC. If you don't have IRC, you can download it free at www.mirc.com . :)

ScorpionX
03-26-2002, 03:12 PM
Does anyone know why Xbox Connector works fine for me but when I try to play on Gamespy it always says that the linked has failed right when I am ready to start? Also for the new XBC how do you find your IP to be able to play?

l Maximus l
03-26-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
Does anyone know why Xbox Connector works fine for me but when I try to play on Gamespy it always says that the linked has failed right when I am ready to start? Also for the new XBC how do you find your IP to be able to play?

I can't help you about what Gamespy is doing, however, I know how you can get your IP address.

To get your IP address, go to the Start button...select run. Type in the letters "cmd" and hit okay. A DOS screen will pop up and simply type in "ipconfig" and hit enter. Listed is your IP address :)

terrapin
03-26-2002, 04:12 PM
Maximus, I didn't know you run a NT based operating system.

Anyways for Win9x or WinME instead of typing "cmd" type "command" or go to start -> run type "winipcfg" and select your ethernet card. It will show your IP address as well as other goodies.

l Maximus l
03-26-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by terrapin
Maximus, I didn't know you run a NT based operating system.

Anyways for Win9x or WinME instead of typing "cmd" type "command" or go to start -> run type "winipcfg" and select your ethernet card. It will show your IP address as well as other goodies.

I use NT at work and XP at home :) Sounds like you know your stuff! :D

terrapin
03-26-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

I use NT at work and XP at home :) Sounds like you know your stuff! :D

Thanks...though I cheated. I am a computer bitc...err tech by trade.

Xtopia
03-26-2002, 04:30 PM
An even easier way to figure out your IP is to got www.whatismyip.com it is pretty cool!:)